The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Government Bail Outs

Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

okay. this whole bailout thing has gone too fvckin far. not to point fingers to the democrats in regards to subprime loans, but it all started with a housing market out of control...

now Ford, GM, and Chrys want some free money too?!?! WHAT THE FVCK FOR?! These car companies haven't pulled profits in years. our crappy economy has nothing to do with it. it has to do with how their vehicles are of lesser quality yet cost MORE than the Asian imports.

Yes. this makes sense: Lets give these auto manufacturers $25 billion so they can lose it in the first quarter!!! GENIUS IDEA. And how bout how this money would end up outside of our borders anyways considering the location of the majory of the "Big Three's" manufacturing plants. Canada. Mexico. China. just to name a few.

its absolutely ridiculous that these car companies have been working with archaeic designs and ways for years and its finally catching up to them. this is a direct quote from Robert Reich, former Secretary of Labor
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"When a big company that gets into trouble is more valuable living than dead, there used to be a well-established legal process for reorganizing it - called chapter 11 of the bankruptcy code. Under it, creditors took some losses, shareholders even bigger ones, some managers' heads rolled. Companies cleaned up their books and got a fresh start. And taxpayers didn't pay a penny."</div>

ugh. i think i'm done my b1tching. this shit is going way too fvckin far. i thought we lived in a capitalism and not in a world where if you suck at what you're doing, the government will just throw money your way.

/rant
Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

In the words of Stephen Colbert: If you're going to screw up, screw up so bad that you put the economy of the entire nation at risk so the government will bail you out.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

the best part is their case is that they represent "the american image" and have founded an enormous role in the american economy.

bull----. i completely agree with you. those companies have been producing more than they sell even with gas prices, and they haven't been pulling sales even in the boosted banking, mortgage & loan extortion we've experienced over the past 6 years. every company on the brink is now turning to the government bailout bandwagon. the lehman bailout was complete bull---- and now we're victims of years of freud and embezzlement. i want to see "the big 3" turned down. i don't think the government has any intervention with the practice of those business, and taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for any of their mismanagement.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i think i'm gonna write a letter and ask if i get bailed out. i have a credit card in a collection agency. 2 others that barely get paid. my electricity may get shut off any day now. my car insurance isn't getting renewed next year. oh, and i've deferred my student loans for 2 years because i just can't pay the damn thing.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY BAIL OUT?!

this whole thing is assinine. next thing you know American Airlines and United are gonna ask for like their 10th loan from the government. lmao.gif
Old 11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ you have to prove that you're destroying the economy single handedly before the government pays you.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

what I liked most about the car companies that came to teh hearing was someone noted that all of them flew down in seperate corporate leer jets asking for money. hello...

Dear car guys,

when groveling at someones doorstep asking for a handout next time, make sure you actually look poor and fly coach or the red eye flight, looking like shit. that way, people will take what you say is true and that you ACTUALLY need money, lmao.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

agreed....

ORR come up with an electric car and replace the entire USPS fleet with them, then build the solar plants Arizona desert where there isnt anything anyhow to create enough energy to run them.

3 auto companies...

Ford= USPS
Chevy=UPS
Chrysler=Fedex

Each one has exclusive company contract.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:25 PM

I dont think they are getting any of it. They dont deserve it. GM will be bankrupt by the end of the year from what Ive been reading. The others are close behind. Chrysler, then Ford most likely. Sucks but thats how it is. If they kept more jobs and plants here maybe they would get help. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

This weekend my plan is to go purchase 5 homes going into foreclosure with subprime loans. I can't afford them, but I'm sure that I"ll get some sort of massive tax credit or 'bailout' since I'll be another victim.

Yes, I know better than to make stupid decisions, but with the government handing out 'get out of jail free' cards, why not take it? That's what the democrats have always supported. Hell, maybe I"ll quit my job and stay home, and let the government pay me to do that!!

I know there are some people who really need welfare and assistance, but unfortunately more than 60% of those receiving it probably don't need it, or could easily get themselves out of such a situation.

My first job was working at a grocery store while in high school. People would come in all the time paying with $150+ in food stamps and driving off in their Expedition on 20s or their nice Trans Am. It was ridiculous.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^well said.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>what I liked most about the car companies that came to teh hearing was someone noted that all of them flew down in seperate corporate leer jets asking for money. hello...</div>

precisely!

homeless people here impregnate each other, buy smokes every night and go to pubs to drink. the ones with the welfare cheques drive expeditions, escalades, and occasionally 300M's. the people who under normal conditions aren't granted loans were granted loans drive AMG's, CLK's, SLR's and have big houses. it makes me wonder how those fools are smart enough and i couldn't pull it off if i combated.

if there's one thing that will still be standing, i'll be seeing you guys at walmart collecting karts.