The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why Do People Hate

Old 05-02-2006, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every now and then i get some jerk driving a rusted out honda or anything for that matter. Come up to me and tell how much of a plie of junk tiburons are. What hell is a matter with these people are they jelious because my car has no rust holes? it drives me nuts because not of them have any facts to back up what there saying. This every happen to anyone else?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I get the best of both worlds. When I'm pumping at a gas station I get the;

"Nice car man, what is that?" curiosity questions... and then we start talking.

But normally when another youngin' with a car their parents gave em' comes up to me thinkin' he's the shit, I'll get responses like you. But hey, i agree my car is a POS so what am I to say? lmao.gif

Nah, what I find is just keep quiet, be the bigger man and tune your ride to perfection (become a perfectionist). Then next time he says your car is a POS tell him to meet you at the track tomorrow. Or throw a slurpee on his car..
Old 05-02-2006, 02:26 PM

Glad to know i'm not the only one dealing with that crap

I get far more good than bad comments. Even from little old ladies, thats the best.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Never really happened to me.

By the way, I saw your car a couple weeks ago on ec row heading west.

When I saw the paint, I thought it was someone here but I wasn't sure. Now, I know.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:45 PM

ya that was me, ever since i got laid off i've been playing taxi for my girlfriend. Oh the excitement.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

What type of mods you have or plan on?

Not many people around us modify there tibs. There was whiplash also but he got a dsm now. There is also another guy in a black 99, he's signed up but doesnt come by often. Than theres the red GK which is part of newtiburon.com and thats it.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:08 PM

hyundai had a bad name for reliablity issues back in the day. it's since changed but you know how closed minded the american people are.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Make it faster, then ask him to race. The only shit I ever get is when people say it's ugly. But that's just an opinion, so I could give a rats ass. I just race them to shut them up.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:59 PM

Yeah, a friend in my unit who drives Del Sol loves to poke fun at me for drving a Tib. But oh well, when we get back, he's throwing in a Type R motor and a NX kit. I'll be going the turbo route. Can't wait to wipe the stupid look of his face.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JonGTR @ May 2 2006, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Make it faster, then ask him to race. The only shit I ever get is when people say it's ugly. But that's just an opinion, so I could give a rats ass. I just race them to shut them up.</div>
Word.
I'm not boosted, but my tib can take most other ricers on the streets.
gogo n/a bolt-ons!

If someone says your car is a pile, ask them to race. If you smoke them, then they will shut up. If they say its ugly, well thats their opinion so tell them to stfu. cool.gif