The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Why Do People Hate

Old 05-10-2006, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Nobody I know personally has said they don't like my car.. but then me being me they probably wouldnt dare laugh.gif

Im pretty outspoken, if you want to come to me with your opinion you better believe youre gonna get one back.

There's a kid (19) at work who just went out and got a 2004 mustang for $18k... I was busting his chops a little telling him that the V6 mustangs were just all out poo but he wasnt having it.

Anyways I said he coulda got a tib and he said that they were girl's cars so I invited him to open his hood up.

When he did and I pointed out that his scoop wasnt even real he looked like he was going to cry laugh.gif

Anyways, here's a really cool story from the other week smile.gif

I was over in hammonton with my wife (staying at her dad's) and I needed to get an oil change done.. I will only use the texaco in hammonton 'cos they charge like $23 AND give you a free car wash worth $7..

So I get my tire plugged and am sitting in the waiting room whilst my oil is being changed (had already had it washed and it looked pretty saweet) and this girl who was about 16 (pretty cute too tho Im getting too old for that.. I can still look though wink1.gif ) says to her mother

"wow if I was one of those mechanics I would be scared to even touch that car" around that time the alarm automatically activated and went off and I went out to put it in valet mode.... I could see she was just giving me the proper hero worship laugh.gif

Tibs are rare here in south NJ esp the RD1... when you alter them slightly people have no idea what they are tbh smile.gif
Old 05-10-2006, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 99 Tibron

yeah, off topic but the local machinic kept calling mine a (tie-beer-eon) hahah rare here too
Old 05-10-2006, 05:54 PM

Ive had Countless Rednecks, couple Terrorists, and a plenty of a-hole ricers give me the thumbs down, Ive been caled a F@g for driving a Tiburon, And thousands of Ricers talk Shat behind my back.

Then I also have those few that really like the style of the tiburon, and have complimented me on My car.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

A lot of people here in upstate NY dont know what a tiburon is. They cant even say it right. Ive gotten a lot of looks around here with the tib, its nice. smile.gif
Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 PM

I know why people have hated my car in the past. But theres far more reasons than youd think. Ive got its a girls car, its slow, im a fag...pretty much all of it. Not JUST because of the paint. I must say though, the entire time Ive had my Tib, Ive only seen 3 1st gens around here. Theres more rd2's and a buttload of the newer ones....which I personally dont like. Haha now that its debadged even more people are going to have to ask...what is that?? Its a Korean Ferrari Mofo!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ive never had any body look at my car and say they didnt like it, esspecially after i show them what ive done to it.

The only problems i get have been, me calling to ask an exhaust shop if they can quote me on a exhaust or something and they say what the heck is a heyundei? Or if i go to autozone to get plugs or something and they say what car, to which i say hyundai tiburon. They say, "what is that a truck?" Ughh

But tibs are rare around here so everybody thinks its an exotic :-D
Old 05-11-2006, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RevivedTiburon @ May 10 2006, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Its a Korean Ferrari Mofo!!!</div>

lmao.gif That's friggin awesome laugh.gif

I forgot to say actually...

The other night (sat last IIRC) I was over in Hammonton and this dude was there, friend of the family or summat.

Anyways I didnt feel particularly great so I didnt drink... Chat went on and everyone there was drunk and the guy asks me for a ride home.

Put him in the car, strap him into the harness and he's going on about how it's a woman's car.. so I get to about 30 mph and floor it, drops back to second and sticks him into the seat... Then I go round a corner much faster than you really should, tiny bit of screech and he's absolutely crapping himself lmao.gif

At which point he says "wow I never realised these little cars were this quick"

His face was bright red lmao.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:36 PM

I've got you all beat, this happened today...on cardomain. I went to HS with this guy...hes a royal ass and has a camry or something lol. Wow. Feel free to bust his balls on cardomain..Im about to.

Posted by DonnySMK
05/11/2006, 03:19pm
either way, riced up or not its still a tib. which means it sucks. youve been through the rainbow in paint, and you obviously dont know how to buy parts that look and or sound good. except maybe those subs, those are good. no ones takes you seriously, nor will they start. ill see you in tripp park.