The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

This website is going TOO far!

Old 02-22-2005, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt worry too much about the warnings, if u ever looked at my thread about "moral of not whore and being a good poster or what not" trust me 2 warnigns are nothign compared to the 36 or 37 if not more that i have, only differance is im a new user. And i realy cant figure out who these all refer to: eyeroll.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>There have been alot of new people come to this site, that have been very ignorant, and childish, and due to this fact people are confusing the older members here(though their post count is not high) of being new here.</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But you read most of the topics here, I'm sure you KNOW who the ASSES are, posting thier 2cents(usually worthless) on EVERY subject to get their "post counts" up. </div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>THOSE are the ones we need to (for lack of a better word) "control"</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I still think some of the mods need to learn to re-read certain posts before assuming it's completely off-topic. Only some (you know who you are).</div>
Old 02-22-2005, 07:39 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (x7xstring)</div><div class='quotemain'>I feel I am not allowed to voice MY OPINION on certain subjects lately.

I have not changed the way in which I talk or express my opinions (no matter how blunt some of them may be) but this is becoming a place I fear I will not wish to visit in the near future if this CONSTANT censorship of opinions continues.</div>

Well Chris, the problem that I have with all of the opinions being given is not the opinion itself, but WHERE it is being expressed.

Case in point : http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5898

The opinions expressed by MK3Design and Patreezy (the deleted posts) have no place in this thread, hence why they were deleted. Both of those members expressed their "opinion" that stock looks better than a tib w/ a bodykit, in a thread where the thread starter asked :
1.) Where to find quality kits.
2.) How those kits compare to the Veilside kit.

This is one of the deleted posts (yes they are soft deleted, so if any of the other mods feel it necessary to reinstate them, they can) that also has the previsouly deleted post quoted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("Patreezy")</div><div class='quotemain'>Quote:
Originally Posted by MK3Design
Hey, look at the bumper in my sig. It surpases veilside by x1000.

haha......nice! smile.gif

it's true too! sad..but true!

DUDE, where'd you get your bumber MK3? That bumber looks siiiick bro! Fitment looks EXCELLENT too! hook me up mang!.......lol</div>

Now, do either of those posts belong in that thread? No, they do not. For the simple fact that MasterJ was asking how other bodykits compare to the Veilside kit.... Not stock vs. a tib with a kit.

Its not censorship, its getting rid of Off-topic/hijacking posts.

I also explained to you WHY you got the warning you got from me. BTW, those points are gone now, so unless you go completely off the deep end, you should not worry about being banned.

The older members don't get special treatment, at least not from me. They are held to the same standard as everyone else, oh, and we mods can get warnings for our conduct here also.

Our rules have not changed since the site came online, and I really don't see why some people have such a hard time following them.
(last statement was not directed at you, chris, but for the site in general)
Old 02-22-2005, 08:25 AM

I have been around hyundai forums since 2001, and I must say this site is great. I also do think we need to moderate the forums so they really become a knowledge base.
However, sometimes I feel we could relax a bit on some forums, for example, in the performance chapter of the forums, we could be more rigid, but if someone asks for an opinion on "X" bodykit and other members want to express their opinions on that specific kit being horrible, or has a lousy fit, or that they simplyu think the car looks better stock, I don't feel those posts are necessarily bad.
What I think now is this a new "control" system, and as anything new, it needs time to grow and mature, and we surely are going to reach an equilibrium on the need of control vs. the freedom of expression, it's up to us as comunity to set our own standards, and this thread is one of probably many that will contribute to that.
And Crhis, I know exactly how you feel about being an "old" member with a low post count... don't take it too seriously, the bad newbs (being a newbie is not a bad thing, we all were newbies once; however there are some lousy newbs) will eventually get bored and go away.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (x7xstring)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am NOT a newbie here!</div>

Correct mang, you aren't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Lately, I have noticed a very HIGH form of censorship going on here - AND negativity. I find this extremely aggravating!!!
I realise that in a civilized environment, people need moderation, but
Lately these powers have been pushed too far.</div>

But before posting stuff like this, you might wanna come to the site a bit more and see that we've said MANY times, the new warning system is going to change a LOT of things. It's been discussed heavily. You also need to realize that we are nowhere near as bad as SOME forums for editing stuff, most of what is edited is OFF TOPIC stuff. It prolly shouldn't have been posted in the first place, at least not where it DID get posted.

Also, we've gone up about 300 new members in the past MONTH. That's a lot of new folks man, and we still have the same amount of Moderators. The difference is, now warnings carrry a bit of weight with them, and now folks WILL learn to be productive members, or not to post. The rules haven't changed at all my man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I feel I am not allowed to voice MY OPINION on certain subjects lately.</div>

Please, show me a few examples. Opinions are one thing, but off topic posts are another. We don't want a forum with 400,000,000 threads that are 95% off topic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I have not changed the way in which I talk or express my opinions (no matter how blunt some of them may be) but this is becoming a place I fear I will not wish to visit in the near future if this CONSTANT censorship of opinions continues.

I have recieved my first 2 warnings in the past 1 week!</div>

Please continue to visit man. Really, you are helpful here.

Let me show you something. This is your current warning record.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Post ID
Review
Post On 02-20-2005 at 15:59 Double Post 5 10 No intentional double posts.. please wait a day between them, not an hour. Active Remove Warning

Post ID
Review
Post On 02-15-2005 at 08:09 Off Topic Post 5 5 No I found nothing wrong with the guy above you asking for sample pics, and saw absolutely no hijacking taking place as said pics would benefit the thread starter as much as the member who asked for them. next time, you may get the harassment warning. Inactive Non-removable Warning

RDTib_AWS Post ID
Review
Post On 01-23-2005 at 14:29 ObsceneWords 2 5 No (This is an automatic warning, no moderator was involved.) Inactive Non-removable Warning</div>

You have had 3 warnings since the AWS went active. The Obscene Words one is well known, we've all talked about it and there are a few lesser cuss words that are ALLOWED now. But if you look at your warnings, you've had one for off topic, and one for Double Posting. Most of the mods here now even tell everyone to stop OFF TOPIC posts before they warn anyone. You only have ONE active warning bro. Cool out, it's no biggie.

I've stated several times that warnings will start to flow like water around here because lots of folks have been out of control for a LONG time. Look at Kit Fox. OUT OF CONTROL. Look at the last guy we had to ban. OUT OF CONTROL. We lead a civilized forum here, that's all.

As for outright censorship, that shouldn't happen here at ALL. Show me a few of those posts you are talking about man, someone may just need to be talked to about it, that's all man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Not once in the past (almost 2 years) have I been warned of anything here.
I am an honest person, and will say that the first warning I deserved - as again sometimes my opinions are a tad blunt at times, but this is horriffic !</div>

Well, other than that one mang, the other was for Double Posting, so it's no big deal. LOL I definately wouldn't call it horrific.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I am thinking that HP.com is a better place to be lately, and this saddens me greatly, as I visit this site daily.
I have been treated like a little kid for <span style="color:sienna">christ's sake</span>! (here is where some of you new Mods might want to remove a possible non politically correct , and possibly hurtful and offending saying *sigh* -yeah right.)</div>

Ouch man, come on, we aren't THAT bad. Everyone is trying to make up for me not being around as much, but we keep most threads open forever here, and we really try to just run a tight ship.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>There have been alot of new people come to this site, that have been very ignorant, and childish, and due to this fact people are confusing the older members here(though their post count is not high) of being new here.</div>

You are right. And because of some of these bastards, we have to watch even more carefully. I know who you are speaking of. And I watch him carefully.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I know none of you care (some I think may smile.gif)
But I thought I'd share that this site is starting to go downhill in regards to "public relations" in my humble opinion.</div>

Well, I'm sorry you think that bro, but to be honest, I think it's getting better around here. We are getting a LOT more done, and folks are starting to straighten up and make others fly right at the same time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Have a nice day,
I'll be back tomorrow</div>

You too mang!

laugh.gif: smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>P.S.
I can already predict what some replys will be.</div>

Was this one of them?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bluetibbay)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thought I was the only one who felt that way... duck1.gif</div>

Sorry man, you are brand new here, and yeah, you got warnings for all sorts of stuff at the start. If you stick around, you'll enjoy the fact that we moderate these as closely as we do, when you watch the "new users" come in and ask the rediculous questions, in every forum, at once, with triple posts, and stuff like "yo i bot a new 1994 tibbirun n wnt 2 mke it mad tyght, where do i ghet 12ounse nawwwzzz canz???? ...... ???" You are welcome to go check out any of the other Hyundai sites out there for the info you want man. Enjoy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree and disagree. The strict moderation going on in here is a bit ridiculous.</div>

Of course you do man, look where you come from, forum wise. You call it rediculous, 99% of the users here call it MANAGED CHAOS. Serious man, you have no clue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>However, I still think some of the mods need to learn to re-read certain posts before assuming it's completely off-topic. Only some (you know who you are).</div>

When a thread is about buying a front strut bar, and the topic strays to why coilovers suck, that's off topic. When someone wants to buy a front and it goes to why you should buy a Rear strut Bar, that's fine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I still don't understand why there needs to be a warning at all for swearing. The profanity blocker built into the PHP BB should just replace all the profanity with ****. No one sees it...so there's no harm there. 'course...anyone could figure out what you're trying to say though...but if that really matters, then you could just replace the **** with a deletion of the word...so...either way, warning for swearing is ridiculous. No other forums even warn you about swearing...it just masks the word with a bunch of asterisks. But eh...whatever.</div>

Lots of other forums warn for swearing. Dont' think we are the first site that has the swear warning on auto.

The profanity blocker is BS, it just turns stuff into stars. Our site, www.rdtiburon.com , is here for information, not for cursing like a 13 year old. If you want to cuss anywhere, then go elsewhere. So, just like I said in that PM to you man. The Obscene Words filter DOES DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID WE SHOULD DO. It just also gives you a little warning, to remind you that we are civilized human beings and that we should be able to express ourselves better than using every 4 letter word we know.

To end, after reading the rest of this, I see the issue with that thread.

Here's the rulling. The first post will go back up, the others are about %95 off topic.

Here's the new RULE to live by.

MODERATORS, you need to give a warning in the thread, tell everyone that, while yes, they are allowed their opinions on bodykits and stock look, it doesn't belong here, please make your own thread.

Then warnings will get issued.

Thanks for the "Mostly" mature conversation here guys.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've stated several times that warnings will start to flow like water around here because lots of folks have been out of control for a LONG time. Look at Kit Fox. OUT OF CONTROL. Look at the last guy we had to ban. OUT OF CONTROL. We lead a civilized forum here, that's all.</div>woah there was someone banned besides me? didnt even know, i think that the work done by the mods (most of them not all of them) is actualy satisfactory and necsary to enter a balance within the strutural world of the forum community.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:33 PM

Wow, I feel alot better now.

Thanks alot you guys for your input. Im not perfect so I will try my best to
make sure all my future posts are thought out, and on topic as well.

I love this site, and I like a whole lot of you good people here too.
We share something really great in common,...

and that is we <u>love</u>, and <u>drive the RD series Tiburon</u>!

P.S:
REDZ, I always respect your words of wisdom - You are the "Mang!"
JAVA, it's because of you there is an RDtiburon.com - you rule!

And I did'nt expect this kind of feedback at all, You guys are great.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:49 PM

but see here is the thing, you can have all the word censorship you want. But you don't have to drop points for it. You can have it change words to what ever you want. Then my next thing would be why are 13 year olds allowed to join? Raise it to 16 when you are legaly allowed to drive. Certian words i say every day. You can ask is I talk to my mom like that the answer is Yes. Redz before you have a heartattack that is just my opinion. You have the right to disagree with it. But you should know how the military is, Java should know how maintainers are. Under 16 shouldn't be here at all no questions asked.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I browsed car forums for a while before I could drive my GSX, and I bought it when I was 15 even... although it doesn't matter. Every child nowadays knows curse words and how to beat the monkey by the time hes 9 anyway.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for the "Mostly" mature conversation here guys.</div>

No worries!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

why shouldnt 13 year olds be allowed to come here? just makes it so that when they get to 16 and actually purchase their car, they will know what to do with it. obviously that prolly wont happen, but if a kid wants to come here and read, he should be able to without going to his mom afterwards asking what certain words mean.

i have a lot of warning, all are for obscene words. i agree fully with them, except for the words that were removed. but they were removed, and im willing to take a couple points that prolly wont amount to anything in order to improve this warning system. the words that arent allowed are the same ones not allowed on TV. calm sown the cursing or live with a small ban. i dont think a day or two will kill you.

that said, i think the warning system is great. it may seem that some of the mods are pushing it to much, but just think of it as a way to warn someone with out posting and further cluttering up a thread. if you get a warning, no big deal. they go away fast, and chances are they will never amount to anything. there more like little reminders than warnings. think of them that way. wink1.gif