The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

This website is going TOO far!

Old 02-21-2005, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This website is going TOO far!

First I will start off by saying :

<u>I have really enjoyed being a part of this site since it's first creation</u>.

*rant start*

I am NOT a newbie here!

Lately, I have noticed a very HIGH form of censorship going on here - AND
negativity. I find this extremely aggravating!!!
I realise that in a civilized environment, people need moderation, but
Lately these powers have been pushed too far.

I feel I am not allowed to voice MY OPINION on certain subjects lately.

I have not changed the way in which I talk or express my opinions (no matter how blunt some of them may be) but this is becoming a place I fear I will not wish to visit in the near future if this CONSTANT censorship of opinions continues.

I have recieved my first 2 warnings in the past 1 week!

Not once in the past (almost 2 years) have I been warned of anything here.
I am an honest person, and will say that the first warning I deserved - as again sometimes my opinions are a tad blunt at times, but this is horriffic !

I am thinking that HP.com is a better place to be lately, and this saddens me greatly, as I visit this site daily.
I have been treated like a little kid for <span style="color:sienna">christ's sake</span>! (here is where some of you new Mods might want to remove a possible non politically correct , and possibly hurtful and offending saying *sigh* -yeah right.)

There have been alot of new people come to this site, that have been very ignorant, and childish, and due to this fact people are confusing the older members here(though their post count is not high) of being new here.

I know none of you care (some I think may smile.gif)
But I thought I'd share that this site is starting to go downhill in regards to "public relations" in my humble opinion.

Have a nice day,
I'll be back tomorrow

*rant end*

P.S.
I can already predict what some replys will be.

-Chris
Old 02-21-2005, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Don't get upset over two warnings dude. I'm sure 90% of us have had warnings given to us, including me. Its not really censorship, you can say whatever you want to say (to a point). Too many times on HP have I went and searched for a topic and found something completely off topic in the post. If you search for something here, you'll find it.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Chris, i actually miss the regulating. coming from the wrc.com non-moderated forums, it's so much better when the forums are moderated super high. it's okay to have security here... i think it's why we don't get GK/anti-hyundai trolls rampaging throughout. that's why i totally quit cardomain. nothing but hyundai haters--as if it were their life's goal to blow up the hyundai factory!! i was stupid to fight back and revolt. instead i deleted the page and never returned.

i had one warning too... lol... it's not serious though. it just sounds serious. it sounds intimidating... but when you look at it, it's just funny how the computer catches you cursing and you never knew it. haha...

it's okay man, it's a precaution. i'm sure all of us know how you feel... but it's a sigh of relief. they don't want to be against us... they're here to inform us and advance the hyundai community. if it werent for the moderators, i don't think we'd have many links to aftermarket. not to mention, java as well as others are trying their best to run the site properly. thousands of posts per day... it's got to be difficult.

just learn and adapt. there have been some complaints lately... but it's what's best and for our own good.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Sorry to hear that. The warning system is still being tweaked, in fact I recently removed a few of the words from the censor. The reason you never received warnings until recently is because we did not have a warning system in place. The last thing we have in mind is warning or banning members. We just want to make sure the site is enjoyable for all users, 13 and older.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (x7xstring)</div><div class='quotemain'>First I will start off by saying ^ I am ^ a newbie here!

Lately, I have noticed a very ^ civilized environment, people need moderation

^ I am not allowed ^ on certain subjects lately.

I ^ fear ^ the ^ future.

Not once in the past (almost 2 years) have I been ^ an honest person, and ^ sometimes my opinions are ^ horriffic !

I have ^ a little kid for <span style="color:sienna">christ's sake</span>!

^ new people ^ , that have been very ignorant and childish, ^ come to this site ^ and ^ confuse the older members here ^

I know none of you ^ But I thought I'd share ^ my humble opinion.

Have a nice day ^

-Chris</div>

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:red">YOU HAVE BEEN MODERATED!!</span></span>
Old 02-21-2005, 10:28 PM

x7xstring : I agree with ya bud. I've been pretty lienient, cuz I don't want to see this site turn into a NAZI site, which I don't see it heading that way. But in the same view, there has to be some moderation and order.
Like we're all adults here, so the swear here and there really doesn't bother me. But stuff that goes WAY off topic needs to be dealt with and clean up as well as double posts.
And I feel the same about the number of posts correlating to a "veteran" or "rook". But you read most of the topics here, I'm sure you KNOW who the ASSES are, posting thier 2cents(usually worthless) on EVERY subject to get their "post counts" up. And then there are some Old schoolers like "xtreme_pc", Who just looked like he rejoined our site yesterday. But he's been around FOREVER! I don't know him personally, Like I wouldn't know him if I ran him over with my Tib tomorrow, but the alias is very familiar and he's been around for so long. Then there are OTHERS eyeroll.gif who have been here for like a month and have like 1000 posts from just being whores, not learning anything and just blabbing off on everything.
THOSE are the ones we need to (for lack of a better word) "control"
But yeah, so don't take your warnings too seriously, you're no where close to being banned. It won't go on your "perminent record" wink1.gif
Old 02-22-2005, 04:09 AM

staying on topic here i must say that i have gone off in a few posts and said a few things that were childish in my last 2 posts. But, when i first got to this site, probably about a year ago now, i learned alot, and i continue to learn every day, my post count may not be high, but i have been here for a little while, and i think the reason i got childish in my last 2 posts is because, i got a lil newbish and didnt think about peoples opinions, but i agree with x7xstring and lets not forget about what RDTIBURON.com is all about...the love of the RD1 and RD2 Tiburon..
Old 02-22-2005, 06:24 AM

kayjai is right, things are still being worked out with warnings and what-have-you. There ARE a few people we are harsh on, but generally those folks have had to earn that treatment. It's not an overnight thing in any way shape or form.

So lighten up, watch your language, and enjoy the site like everyone else. I think EVERYBODY has gotten at least one AWS.. I know I have and I rarely use obscenities in the first place.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:12 AM

Thought I was the only one who felt that way... duck1.gif
Old 02-22-2005, 07:12 AM

I agree and disagree. The strict moderation going on in here is a bit ridiculous. However, I still think some of the mods need to learn to re-read certain posts before assuming it's completely off-topic. Only some (you know who you are).

I still don't understand why there needs to be a warning at all for swearing. The profanity blocker built into the PHP BB should just replace all the profanity with ****. No one sees it...so there's no harm there. 'course...anyone could figure out what you're trying to say though...but if that really matters, then you could just replace the **** with a deletion of the word...so...either way, warning for swearing is ridiculous. No other forums even warn you about swearing...it just masks the word with a bunch of asterisks. But eh...whatever.