The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

This website is going TOO far!

Old 02-23-2005, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when we start editing opinions, I am out of here. I for one will not even edit another's post for even the worst spelling mistakes (seeing breaks for brakes REALLY annoys me). Granted, I admit I could have been a lot more lenient on the person from another country and not locked their thread. Sorry, but I did not even notice the country of origin, just that they had not really searched the site.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:30 PM

So, if I post here *hypothetically* a time when an opinion was modified for the sole purpose of the gain of the modifier, I won't be warned?
Just to prove a point. Not saying it's happened yet, but someone said to 'quote a post where this happened' so ya know..
Old 02-23-2005, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (x7xstring)</div><div class='quotemain'>I love this site, and I like a whole lot of you good people here too.
We share something really great in common,...

and that is we <u>love</u>, and <u>drive the RD series Tiburon</u>!</div>

Now that is the essence of my feelings towards this community and how close most of us are. Great bunch of folks for the most part. I'm going to let this run for another day or 2 and then close it down if it doesn't die.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (solo-baric)</div><div class='quotemain'>But you don't have to drop points for it.</div>

I WOULD agree with this solo, except for the way AWS works. The points go away. And cursing warnings here carry 2 points, that go away in like 3 days? It's more of a joke and a "Hey man, some folks don't want to hear that stuff" than anything.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Raise it to 16 when you are legaly allowed to drive.</div>

You can drive at 14 here in NM. Some states even younger for farms and such.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Certian words i say every day .... But you should know how the military is, Java should know how maintainers are.</div>

Also agreed, but we SHOULD know better and not talk like that in public. It gives the military a bad name, and shows immaturity and incompetence. Trust me man, when I was in, I cussed like a WWII vet, and I still let them go now, but in mixed company, and in front of folks I don't know and haven't ever met, I don't use foul language at all. It may not offend 70% of the folks here, but there's still the 30% that DO get offended, and the other HUGE amount of folks that just read here and DON'T post, they may never come back if they see us acting like schoolkids.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>why shouldnt 13 year olds be allowed to come here? just makes it so that when they get to 16 and actually purchase their car, they will know what to do with it. obviously that prolly wont happen, but if a kid wants to come here and read, he should be able to without going to his mom afterwards asking what certain words mean.</div>

Completely agreed. Kids get into cars early, here and on HP I've seen several young kids come on and ask questions, wanting to get into cars.

STAMP RICE OUT AT A YOUNG AGE!!!

:drillserg tongue.gif: wink1.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>that said, i think the warning system is great. it may seem that some of the mods are pushing it to much, but just think of it as a way to warn someone with out posting and further cluttering up a thread. if you get a warning, no big deal. they go away fast, and chances are they will never amount to anything. there more like little reminders than warnings. think of them that way. wink1.gif</div>

PERFECTLY stated. Warnings are just that. Warnings. They really aren't that big of a deal, but again, most folks take stuff on the internet WAY too seriously.

Another good thing about the AWS that I've found guys is what he said above. It keeps it out of the forums. Instead of them replying in the forums, I'm getting replys to warnings, LOTS OF THEM, in the PM's. THIS IS GOOD.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I think everything runs great, I've never got an AWS message since the change over. You have to be mature about things, there are rules set in place for the better good. Following the rules isn't hard...they arn't very strict smile.gif</div>

Word. Well written.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (solo-baric)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh what year is it? 2005 a 13 will be 16 in 2008 our cars will be anywhere from 10-7 years old. how many do you think will be arround then? if they are there won't be hardly any aftermarket for them. I can promise you that.</div>

I don't agree. Look at how big the aftermarket has grown in the past 3 years for us. Hell, look at all the old HONDUH's being tuned.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

tc, i think posts like this should stay open. we need a good cf hood discussion every once and a while anyway. wink1.gif

plus, the guy is new.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5990
Old 02-23-2005, 09:25 PM

Well the reason why I locked it is because 1. He posted it in wanted, and 2. he didn't search. Cause if he did he would have found 10 other recent topics on the subject in exterior and elsewhere on the site. It would have been more sensible to me if he responded in an existing thread, but he wouldnt have had to because there are threads that clearly state where you can find carbon fiber hoods.

I just think everything would be better if people would read and not have to be led by the hand all the time. And also if people would post in the right forum, etc etc etc.

and newbies should read the rules wink1.gif
Old 02-23-2005, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

TC, but we also need to cultivate newbies, bring them into the fold. It's easy. Make a simple post telling them a bit of what they are looking for, and tell them that a search for "hood" will find them the rest of the info.