The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Trying to kick start the cotm

Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Its not that people are saying "F that site", its pretty much everyone saying its a very slow site in terms of posts and members. Alot has been done to try and increase posting and nothing has worked too much (as the forum tech...both Supercow and I have tried to do alot for the forum). I know merging the 2 sites together will probably help out in some way, but that decision is to be made by the higher ups over there.

RD's are between 9 and 13 years old now. You wont find many companies making aftermarket parts any more for them, and alot of people are selling them off for other projects. And you wont find too many members that have the skill or knowledge to build their cars up to what some of the old skool members have done with their rides. This is one reason why alot of traffic has died off over there.

Dont know what the future holds for RDT, but one of 2 things will most happen....

1. It'll stay online and continue to get a few posts here and there
2. It'll merge with HA and it'll be one big super forum

Just wait it out and see how it goes. smile.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

I guess so, just kinda erks me sometimes, the complacency that goes on. And like I said, I'll still be over here, just want some life over there above and beyond "Hey I'm selling (fill in the blank). There are still lots of people signing up, I see quite a few, maybe if they dropped that intro post thing and let people post as soon as they sign up, much like here, I don't know. It seems that quite a few new members don't want to be bothered with it.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Any site is what you make of it, if folks don't post, it dies. The car IS 10 years old, at the youngest. I haven't been around much because of the Soul, and the new site. I had NO plans of starting a new website at all, after all the drama, name calling bullshit accusations, and backstabbing, I never wanted to do any of it again. Then I saw the state of the Soul sites. When folks don't post, and the conversation grows stale, this is what happens.

It is sad, it was a great site, but kids wanting to play kiddy games ruined it for a LOT of people.

It can be brought back, but remember the reason it started. RDTiburon.com started, right along with EXD, because Hyundaiaftermarket died. Fragmentation of the models led to this site splitting up, and folks wanting to be able to find info on JUST their car led to the few folks remaining, and the site dying off.

Now that there's very few folks tuning the RD, the J2, and fewer tuning the XD, you can find more in common over here. The strict rules that started up at RDT to try to keep the kids at bay aren't needed as much anymore, frankly because most of the a**holes that made them necessary are now gone.

Visionz and I are tight, I support him, I've always supported this site, since I started in 2001. He's the tech for www.soulhamsters.com , and a personal friend. I've got great friends at RDT, some of my best friends in the world. Yes, it's probably time for things to come together and meld in, but it's also time for folks to grow the hell up, forget the past, and be a community again.

I support whatever happens, I just know that the dust on my Tib is getting thick, and my feet itch to go push that b*tch around the block again. I want my friends around that I've always worked on it with, and if they are here or there, then fine.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Thanks Redz! smile.gif

I'm always tried to help out all the forums. I was a mod on HP for YEARS until I got banned after the new corporation took over. I've been a tech on RDT for awhile, and even longer as a member. I help promote for all the sites out there...CH, EXD, Sonata Speed, etc. Im a tech on Redz' site (Soul Hamsters) as well, and anything that brings people together, is awesome by me.

But like Redz said...sometimes things happen, words are said, people get pissed, and it causes havoc within communities. I dont forsee RDT staying around forever, and eventually it will merge here as I have the capacity, bandwidth, and server space to migrate it all so nothing ever gets lost and theres a big archive of information for years and years to come.

Discussions have been in the words for awhile for the merger/migration to happen. I feel that the decision will be happening much sooner than expected, and when it does....I think it will be a good thing for alot of people. We'll see though. smile.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

7 years for a site like RDT, with a single car focus that was only made for 5 years is amazing. Java grew a great site there. We've been discussing how we'd work this for what, 2 years now? We all knew it was coming sooner or later.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 PM

Yeah, with that April Fools thing, I kinda figured it was coming. I can see a kind of degradation in the mods attitudes over there. No offense to them, I'm sure they're great people, but for the last little while, it seems like they're, (this is gonna sound harsh) sick of it. There doesn't seem like a lot of emotion anymore.

Maybe it might be a good thing, I do like the uniqueness of the site but...

I'm still gonna stick with it until the end.

Whenever that may be.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nos4atu @ Jun 21 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, that kinda hurts a little, here you have numerous people who post, more or less, "F*** that site, it sucks!" and leave, instead of making an attempt at trying to improve it. Sure there's always the same type of body kits, there's not much of a variance to chose from anymore. Not only that but it is open to ANY hyundai, not just RD's.

I'm sorry if some of the older more knowledgeable members got the shaft or dicked around a little(or a lot, I don't know I'm just a noob in this community, I don't know the stories.) but honestly, if "let it die already" is the attitude that most of you have, I don't know what to say.</div>

I tried to make suggestions and was told point-blank that my opinion wasn't needed because I no longer owned my Tib. Fine. My opinion isn't needed there, so I brought it somewhere else.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 PM

Well, that kinda makes sense. I mean, you did own one for how long. It sucks when it gets to that.

Everyone who has suggestions should be heard, debated and decided upon. Being dismissed because "you don't own one" is a form of elitism that I really dislike. Experience and wisdom should be hallowed not discarded.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

nos4atu, there are MANY Hyundai sites out there. UKCC, where more than half the forum consist of first gens that will never let go of their cars. I posted there and got 15 responses overnight. The world is a big place man. There's a Malaysian club, a Polish club, Spanish club, Italian Club--those are the biggest sites! I'm registered with all of them except Spain and Malaysia (with the 4g63T, EVO VI and FTO swapped 4WD RD1's). The team are so nice, and appreciate any visitors.

That being said, it was not the same for RDT. One of the reasons it's dried up (and yeasty) is because many newcomers would be greeted with this for years and years:

Dear nos4atu, Welcome to the rdtiburon community. Congratulations on trying not to be a moron and registering here! We've noticed that you are in fact a moron and did not follow directions. We know that your native language is a dialect of Nyangbo, which we have no idea what a map looks like, but you're going to have to forget your native language and relearn the whole English language from at least 3rd grade up (refer to the forum rules) before you post. If you don't sing the Star Spangled Banner, your thoughts will no longer matter and you will be perma-LOL'ed. Since you come from some invaded country and didn't have the time to learn that we were here first, you are not welcome here. Thank you.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Cobalt Blue Tib

I havent been on RDT since around November of last year. I signed on earlier today and its nothing but people trying to sell their crap. Not my kind of forum to hang out on. Maybe they should change the name from RDT to TiburonStuffForSale.com

laugh.gif