Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   Trying to kick start the cotm (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/trying-kick-start-cotm-20264/)

nos4atu 06-20-2010 07:02 PM

Trying to kick start the cotm

Trying to get some kind of activity over on RDT in our car of the month poll, y'know to even start one after being slowed to an almost stop. The last COTM winner was declared on April 14th. It's now June 20th so last night I started a challenge. Anyone from RDT that has the bare requirements I issued an open challenge. I put my tib up and request that anyone with the cajones do the same, as even though many of us are not done our cars we still need to try and keep COTM alive. We've missed 2 months and that is too much for me.

I do want to keep it special, the people who win should deserve to win. But, at the same rate, I don't want to see those who have already won this year lose out because of "lack of interest".

Soooo, if you're on RDT and you have the minimum requirements, go put your car up and re-instate our beloved COTM. It's been going since 2005, and I'm sure there are more cars(not just tibs) out there that can enter.

Is there no-one with enough "drive" to go outside and take pictures of their car?

I went out at 10:30 at night and drove out to one of the city parks and snapped off a bunch of shots.

So c'mon, do it already!

blue2000 06-21-2010 06:21 AM

I dont like going to RDT because hardly anyone posts there anymore. I stay here on HA because it gets the most traffic out of any of the Hyundai sites and questions usually get answered right away by alot of people. I sign on over there once in awhile but I almost sign immediatly off since nothing ever peaks my interest there.

<3 this site forever!

yellowtib 06-21-2010 06:49 AM

^ 1.gif

TiburonGuy99 06-21-2010 06:51 AM

Thanks but no thanks. I'll stay right here and enter the featured ride competitions once my car is finished later this year hopefully. IMO there isnt a hyundai site out there that comes anywhere as close to how awesome this forum is.

phatiby00 06-21-2010 06:55 AM

i logged onto that site last night and i was the only person on the forum. like everyone else said i'll stay right here where its more fun. im not gonna waste my time visiting other sites when its boring and no one else is online.

Bluetib4life 06-21-2010 08:07 AM

I agree with everyone elses posts. RDT has been going downhill for awhile now. Eventually it'll become alot like HP and no one will hardly even go there anymore. I dont think its worth it to invest time and energy into a dying site when theres a site like this one that will always stay busy and active as long as Hyundai remains in the world.

RiTibby 06-21-2010 08:33 AM

Most of the tibs on that site are all the same in the looks department. Every tib owner either has a veilside kit or some other popular mod that doesnt set them apart. Ive noticed alot of the members on this site are all unique and everyone has a different sense of style whether they are tib owners or accent, elantra, or sonata owners. I prefer variety and because of that I'll stay here and continue to support this site over any other site out there.

i8acobra 06-21-2010 08:59 AM

I stopped going to RDT when I started getting treated like my thoughts and opinions didn't matter even though I'd been registered there for many years, am one of the original guys from way back and used to own one of the baddest RD Tibs in the country. To hell with 'em. They made their bed.

tiburon423 06-21-2010 09:22 AM

Most of the Hyundai sites out there suck balls compared to this one. HP is filled with spam and banner ads. RDT was good back in its day but its a dying site now and like others have said its not even worth the time to go there when nobody uses it. NT has too many hateful and mean people. CH is kind of boring too. This is the only forum that matters and should be on peoples radar to visit daily.

RiTibby where in Rhode Island are you? Im in Providence. smile.gif

faithofadragon 06-21-2010 09:26 AM

Most old school guys will remember when I was a mod there and what happened which caused my falling out I said to hell with It and haven't went back

And from what I hear from this thread it hasn't changed