The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Speed-factor Complaints & Feedback

Old 06-23-2005, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if anyone is curious

here are some more pics of the setup he did...

The manifold was his recent creation. It was done at one point, but some how got undone and he needed more turbo flanges...then he finally got them and i received it sometime in Feb.

Ohhhhh i also remember this was AFTER the show that i wanted my turbo for and he knew this...

http://photos.random00.com/thumbnails.php?album=54
Old 06-23-2005, 10:16 AM

^^ I really hope this doesnt reflect the majority of his work... Random Im glad you posted this so people can see what they POSSIBLY are getting into. I didnt say what they ARE getin into tim. I feel bad for you that people are gangin up, but i can now see where they come from
Old 06-23-2005, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, quality is the #1 thing I've been getting complaints about.

That and shipping taking up to and over a year.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:49 AM

Alright i got a few cents here as well...sigh
First off I bought an extreme turbo kit around last christmas, which seems is a while after he had been making them so as far as his work on my manifold and piping it is actually pretty decent. Not ANYTHING like yours jaws. However, my lovely kit came with one fvcked up t3 super 60 that did nothing but blow oil like crazy; i broke it in properly etc the fact is it was just a BAD turbo not really tims fault. The bad part of the bum turbo was that Tim seemed pretty hesitant to send me a new one and by that i mean he never did. By this time my dad, who was helping me boost the tib not only by wrenching but with some funds as well got pissed we never got it and now im putting a different turbo on. That there is really the only bad part of my speed factor experience.
Now to be Fair...
I received my kit very quickly as we asked him to get it in b4 christmas and it was there in less than 2 weeks i think. All the welding and work on the piping was pretty good, even my dad who owns his own machine shop and has been around this shit forever and is hard as hell to please said it wasnt bad... The kit came with everything it was supposed to and i started putting it all on. This i think is where Tim semi-shined. He was on the phone with me for HOURS at a time answering every little question i had, and i had alot not ever boosting a car and being somewhat of a perfectionist. He helped me install that kit over the phone basically and everything worked properly minus the bad turbo.(PS i spent a couple hundred dollars to get that one rebuilt since tim didnt send me a new one so yeah that sucks but whatelse was i to do...) Like everyone has said Tim is a nice guy and im sure its as hard for everyone as it is for me to post this crap about him but ya know they are right tim people gotta know what there getting into and i think jaws was dead on it when he said work at your capacity. Good luck with all your orders in the future and lets all hope they go smoother than the ones posted here...
Old 06-23-2005, 10:58 AM

Ganging up on him?

Well... im just fed up...

I posted pics to prove my points..

Keep in mind i was his R&D car and the guy that arguebly brought him the most sales... and this is how i got treated?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speed-Factor @ Jun 23 2005, 01:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>And I think it is funny how you were the biggest Speed-Factor supporter and now you post all this, makes you look like the dumbass now.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Hes right though... i was stupid to do business with him...
Old 06-23-2005, 11:51 AM

These issues have been slowly getting worse and worse over the last few months.

Don't think we hadn't noticed Tim. It's a shame that it came to this though.

I personally never had any real plans to buy any of your products/services, however IF I had decided to boost my tib, you'd have been the first place I looked.

I personally want to wish you luck with your business, and I hope that you get all these issues worked out.

Now, on to my real business posting here.

Jaws, you have made your gripes known, vented, and made your point with pics for proof.

Now please stay out of this thread.

This is for ALL of the SF gripes, not just yours. Let others post if they have had problems, before you cuase this topic to be locked. I understand your frustration, but the more you post here, the more likely this thread will be locked.

Keep this CIVIL and MATURE.

Tim, even though your vendor forums here have been deleted, you are still representing your business posting here. Try to present yourself better, before you lose even more respect here than you already have.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:02 PM

Hell, I will post about my experience as well then...

Paid Tim in the middle of June of 2004 for partial turbo kit since I had some parts already.

A few months later I got some piping and few other things. Turbo got 7 months after the payment (they were on back order, guy didn't send it, guy backed out, etc. bs2.gif ). Then after I got the turbo and was still waiting on my fans I tried to fit the turbo on my car and guess what happened... it didn't fit. Wastegate was hitting the tranny case... great! So I contact Tim (of course took me like 2 weeks to get ahold of him) and he offers me another wastegate, I say ok and for a few more months he keeps feeding me BS that it will be shipped soon, someone didn't get it, it got lost, he got ripped off, etc... Also, oil lines were never complete, I had to go to homedepot and buy stuff to make something work. And I'm still waiting for my fans... So, I think in Jan I finaly get fed up with his crap and ask for a refund on the fans, takes him another few months to refund me... I also never got a new wastegate from him, I was just waiting and waiting but it never happened... When I was gonna try to install it, I was gonna crush the wg a bit or shave off some metal off the tranny case (talk about quality...)

I think I can think of a few more things about his great products and superb service.

You know that I have nothing against you man, but you were the one who f*cked it all up! You were the one who made me wait forever!

OP

EDIT: Tim where is Adam's (HyundaiKitCoupe) exhaust? He's been waiting since Apr. 20th I believe. And so were other 5 or so people. It would probably take you a day to weld all of the exhausts that you have to make. What are your excuses?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Moderator Edit :

I am sorry, 00tibby, but this is the GRIPES and COMPLAINTS forum. I'm sure that Tim would love to have the feedback you had posted here, But it was OT. I'm not giving you any points for it.

Post what you had here over in the <span style="colorrange"><u>Speed Factor Forums</u></span> If you want to leave him good feedback. But that is not what this thread is for.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:15 PM

00tibby, as I remember you bought a kit that Tim already had. One that Ultratibby ditched because of Tim's wait lines!

So, why are you still waiting on parts when they were all ready? Sounds a bit shady, doesn't it? And didn't you buy it back in may? It's been almost a month now.... it's not right man!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

i bought it at the end of may. and it was going to ship a couple weeks ago but i then requested a exhaust change. and he needed the manifold to get it all to fit right. as i said i requested what he could ship he ships now. and he did. now just waiting for the finishing of the exhaust. btw my exhaust request was a new request for him. hed never done it hence why he need some things to make sure it all fit.