The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

So The Police Rolled On The Tib Today

Old 01-28-2007, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i definitely think it is fun to mess around in the snow, but the cop could have given you a ticket for wreckless endangerment. little kids come out of nowhere man you gotta watch out sometimes. but on the other hand i bet that drifting was sweet lol
Old 01-28-2007, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

Keyword phrase: "Private Property"

Of course it's illegal. Find a place that's NOT private property and accelerate the wheel bearing breakdown process.

lmao.gif
Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well if its illegal on private and public propertys, where is it excatally that you can play in the snow??

and being as it was 11:00 at night in a shopping district with no homes i dont know where these kids are going to come from.

and with all this talk of tracks and staying where its legal i decide to try and find a local track. aparently the only road course with in a few hours of me dosnt have open track days. (mid-ohio sports car course) the only places in ohio at all with a road track are in a place that i cant go to. the only track at all within an hour of here is a circle track/drag. and i think both of those options are kinda lame.

so i guess here when it gets warm and tracks open up, i'll just drive to the next state away to the "right" place to do it and play in the non-existant snow so that i'm being "responsible"
Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

actually i still need to get used to sliding in the snow, i only drove in snow in my buddys truck back in ny, no clue how the tibs will feel
Old 01-28-2007, 11:08 PM

Hey optimo, i feal you. Here we dont have anyplace to play with our cars. We dont even have an oval all we got is drag strip.

I used to go down and watch some of my friends play in the parking lot of walmart here now and then, when it rained. A few of them hit poles and curbs and stuff (I realize where you did it there arent any polls). But yeah just wanted to say be safe dude.

Oh hey the only chance i get to play(or used 2) where its realy safe. Is a muddy corn field near my old house on molokai, and a 93 dakota pickup to do it in.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

if you own the parking lot, and if there are no other cars around, then i believe it is legal.

i dunno, u did this in the middle of the night, there was no cars around, no people around, sounds pretty safe to me. and thats probably why the cop let u go. had u been doing this with 10 other cars in the lot or midday with people around, then i would call u a dumbass, but i don't see much harm in this.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:19 AM

it's illegal... it's wreckless driving (35+mph sliding can get you in big trouble) I don't care how big or empty the lot is.... you got caught he let you go... count your blessings that you didn't get a ticket or mess up your car. I'm sure most of us here that live in colder climates have slid around on icy roads before, wether on purpose or accident. Yes it can be fun but when you are sliding on ice you have almost no control of anything.... it's just a matter of time before you take it to far and either just burn out something in the car... or lose it in a slide and hit something... Yes you did it in as "safe and controlled" environment as you possible could but it is still considered wreckless driving... which is illegal ... so don't get pissed off when a cop comes and tells you to leave.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Fields, my friend.
Play with drifting and sliding in the fields, they freeze up and get ice too, it's just not as smooth. tongue.gif

Just make sure you're not p'ing off some farmer when you do it.
And please, please, PLEASE don't be doing it in the tib. 02.gif It makes my skin crawl.
Broken tibs make Kant cry.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I was pulling Figure 8s with my Avalanche tonight, it was up some backroad in a parking lot for a leash free dog park. The park closes at 10, and its about half the size of a football field in the middle of no where....thats where you go to mess around. Even if the cops did show up, you can see them well before they get to you. But theres nothing around, not even houses. So no one would even know you were there.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:37 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>had u been doing this with 10 other cars</div>

that's a great idea, get like 10 cars, setup a few cones, and have your own monte carlo rally! mmm... i like it. laugh.gif