The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

So The Police Rolled On The Tib Today

Old 01-28-2007, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

so i was just out in my local shopping district cause it snowin pretty good out. so i'm out fvckin around sliddin the tib all kinds ways and all of a sudden i find myself in the side/back parking lot of the sporting goods store. all of a sudden i'm hittin some 35+ slides (its a big parking lot) and mid slide i look to my right to see columbus finest.

so he shines the light in the car to blind me cause i'm nose to nose with him (mind u i was in dead slide when i notice him). first thing in my mind is put my hands in the air. well i do and he just rolls out his impala and tells me i'm driving like an ass and im going to break my car.

so i says to him are you sure i'm breakin the law here? i though you just couldnt mess around on public roadways. he looks at me and says " son you are out here doin doughnuts and sliding on the ice, let me see your licence."

well i give him the licence and he goes back the the car, the whole time his floodlight is right on me blindin the shit outta my ass. but then he lets me fry a lil and is takin like 10 mins to decide whats up, i figure he might give me a ticket. then i rember that i allready have 10 points so they will just take my shit.

well he comes back and says that i'm driving recklessly on private property. but luckyly he said that seince i was in the back he wasnt gonna bother with the ticket.

i mean it ended up going good for me but seriously what kinda country do we live in where a man cant fvck around in a parkinlot freely? there used to be a day in my city where a man could drift in the afternoon like a freeman. now all of a sudden i can do doughnuts in a backlot in the middle of the night??
Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you have 10 points? then your license is gone, unless they are "pending points" ...your lucky tho
Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 PM

moron.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

even though its fun to do its illegal.. if it wasn't illegal there would be a bunch of morons doing it, and running into buildings, poles, hitting there dumbass friends taping them being morons.

i used to do this kinda stuff back in high school, but not anymore. you can easily get a wreck less driving because you pretty much don't have complete control of the car.

your lucky that you didnt get a ticket. the cops around here would have just handed a ticket to you, taken your license, and had a cop drive you home.. im glad im not paying your insurance. with 7 points i got booted off one of my insurances, and the points just went away so i can get back on it.

but, i wish you would have gotten a ticket, and your car taken away, for acting like a moron and 'drifting' in the parking lot.. you will get yours one day though..
Old 01-28-2007, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah the are a bunch of morons that do that in the A&P parking lot by me. I love it when you see some idiot in some 80's pos RWD car doing doughnuts and the cops come in and then act like they arn't doing anything wrong.

And I agree with SOCKS, Even though you not on a public highway your still putting yourself at risk for hitting a pole or a building.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:00 PM

what ever i would love to hear of what track i can go to and f*** around in. btw its an empy parkinlot about the size of a target or bestbuy lot. only with no poles or blocks. its truely an empty backlot.

and for the record i'm faily sure here its 12 points, but most of the points were in a acident i wasnt in fault in.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:13 PM

or maybe grow up a bit and not f*** around all together?

i wasnt calling you a moron so much for doing what you did as i was in the way you think its your right to be able to go into a parking lot and act like an idiot.

sliding around in the snow can be fun as long as there is NOBODY around, but dont think for one second that a cop doesnt have the authority to write you a ticket for doing so.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:20 PM

well i'm just sayin that its rediculous to f*** with someone for messin around in an empty lot.

and for the record there is nothin childish about messin in the snow. infact i'm fairly sure people actually make a good living messing around like that in cars allday.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:25 PM

yeah and they also do it on closed tracks. Not to mention the fact they they have special exceptions and licenses to do so.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

my friend did the same thing and they let him off when he said he was practicing learning the traction during icy conditions. he said it was for his own good and he was just doing it for safety.

you should have said the same thing man. sorry to hear about that... sometimes if you think smart you can get out of it.

i think it's good if it's a huge parking lot. you can definitely ruiin your car, but the practice for safety reasons is what it's worth. i've drifted my car enough in the snow to learn what will happen under what kind of circumstances.