The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Pulled over tonight....

Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Had court today at noon. Just got home from it. Verdict.........I made that cop my b*tch in front of the entire courtroom!!!!

First off, I was the ONLY one in the courtroom that was dressed up in a suit and tie. Every other person there was completely thugged out and could easily pass for a drug dealer. laugh.gif So Im sitting there waiting to go forward, and just listening to some of the other cases. One girl was there for being pulled over and doing 5 over the speed limit. Her ticket was for a 40 in a 35. fp.gif

Some other cases were postponed too, and because the court system is so backed up with people receiving bullshit tickets here, the next available court date for alot of people isnt until the middle december. headshake.gif Hell, I got these tickets back in October, and here it is the end of March, and I'm finally going.

So this was in a city traffic court, versus a suburban court where they do everything from traffic to criminal. In city court, you're either guilty or not. Theres no plea, no D.A., and you dont get your ticket reduced to something stupid, like you can in the suburban courts.

They call my name and I go up. The cop was there too, so he went up as well. They sworn us both in, and the judge asked for the cops testimony. Im standing there the whole time just smiling. Cop gets done, judge looks at me, and asks if I'm ready to give my statement. I say yes, look at the judge and ask if HE'S ready, and I start.

- I pull out the traffic code for exhausts thats printed directly off the state DMV's website. I also hand him a video and pictures of my car. Everything that is shown to be in my favor.

- I then state how I asked the officer if he had a meter to check my windows, in which the officer expressed that he did not. The judge asked him if that was true, and the officer acknowledged the fact.

- I then expressed how not only did they spell my name wrong on both tickets, but they also put on the ticket that I was pulled over in an area that doesnt even exist. I was actually pulled over outside of the city, about 5 minutes from my house. The location on the ticket was bullshit and completely false.

The judge looks over everything, looks in the state database and see's that I have no prior incidents over the last 18 months, looks at me, and says both tickets are dismissed...have a nice day!

I swear to god...I wish I had a camera so I could of taken a pic of the cops face. IT...WAS...PRICELESS! He walked out in front of me, and slammed the door the open. He was soooo pissed. lmao.gif So I had an extra little skip in my step as I walked out of the courtroom.

So, in conclusion to this story....if you get a ticket for something....its worth it to just do your homework, find out what the laws say, be prepared in court, and walk in with confidence and plead your case to the best of your ability. However, I do think the judge was a little aggravated at some of the cops there for writing really stupid tickets, and because the courts are so insanely backed up with this kind of stuff. tongue.gif
Old 03-24-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Good job! However, even though you won, the problem is that you had to go in the first place. If it were me, I'd have to take off half a day from work to go to court for a bullshit ticket. Then travel halfway across town to the courthouse. Then pay $3-5 for parking. Did you have to do that?
I'd be a little more pissed off than you. I'd probably get thrown in jail for speaking my mind and explaining how I wasted half a day of work on his stupidity!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I took a vacation day from work today. I have 21 days to use by the end of the year, so its no biggie for me. I did have to pay $3 for parking, but again...thats nothing.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Congrats on the win!

I just hire a lawyer. Sure it's more expensive, but it one-ups showing up in a suit and tie any day.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

awesome!!! yeah cops here are doing the same exact thing. knock on wood. the only problem here is that most of the cops are friends with the judges :/ cops get money, judges get money, lawyers get money. everybody gets fed and it's all coming from these people's wallets.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Sonatta 2.7L

Glad you won in court visions. wish I was there to see the cops face too. He probably went out and pulled a bunch of people over after the court case just to relieve his anger. lol
Old 04-03-2010, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Im in the middle of a court battle myself. Got pulled over in Oct. got naild for speeding on a hwy 82 in a 65, got nailed for my tint and for the fact i used my Hawaii license and not my Cal(which is bull cause he said that's not legal if you live in Cal. Reality I'm a student so i can have whatever F-ing state license I want!). Well Feb I plea not guilty and get a court date for the 8th of this month. 3 days ago I went back into court. Showed my Cali license got that charge dropped, since my car was bought in my Dads name (didn't have the credit to get anything at the time) its still registered in his name so I showed them that and the tint charge got dropped cause well...its not MY vehicle as far as the state is concerned. To top it all off I repleaded for TRIAL BY DECLARATION. Which is basicly you have to post bail (price depends on infraction) and you get 30 days to pay the bail, then they set you up with another date to have your written declaration turned in. In Cali, cops get paid to show up to court, but NOT for written declarations. So this lousy CHP moto-cop has to spend one of his days off writing up his statement. If I'm going to be put out by all this so will he. I know I was guilty but my chances of getting off due to him not writing anything are at least 65-85% vs going to court in which it drops to 10-30% if he shows up and him showing up is an 65-85% chance in its own. Pus I have a mechanics statement saying my car was faulty and due to it being damaged it was not able to perform according to spec. and therefore left me unable to control the vehicle as such... (my TB was stuck open...also i was spewing white smoke out my tail pipe at the time due to the bad rings I got from my boost spike misshap) all is said and fixed now but I'm dragging this on till it's practicly forgotten LOL