The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Personal Thought: Gen Coupe owners are smug sumb*tches

Old 10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

you're forgetting sex factor. Go hop on a barbie bike or something. You hurt my feelings.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
I have one question for them to shut their holes.

My car was busy winning world class rallies against legendary drivers all over the world in all kinds of environments. Where was your precious car?

Old 10-24-2011, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^two photos. two answers:

Your best guess as to the guy on the left. The man himself. The guy on the right is the younger McRae driving for MSD Hyundai (Tiburon).

To the left: the greatest rally legend of all time Juha Kankkunen, and to the right: legend Carlos Sainz (both drove in Group B, both for Toyota TTE WRC, and Lancia). All in their hayday, young and able, in rally's most prestigious days. We were at the heart of the battle.

The Genesis at Pikes Peak? B%^&* please (joke). That began with the Hyundai Scoupe (Tiburon predecessor) competing in 1992-1993 and winning in 1993 with Rod Millen. I'm sure you've seen the promo clip on youtube.

And so a Genesis Coupe can drift at some backyard drink-sponsored event. Hyundai had RWD 34 years before the Genesis Coupe. Do you think Genesis Coupe owners know? Remember? Care?

There you are HKC! I was waiting for your contribution to this thread.

Hahaha you know I've been watching this thread pan out. I felt it was time to march on in and stir up the debate a little .
Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon

Just calling it as I see it. Every single Gen Coupe owner I have ever met here in my city has been nothing but the biggest jerk. That being said, every single Gen Coupe owner I have seen post here on HA has been really cool. I think its because the bigger Gen Coupe forums bring in people from all walks of life with different personalities. The people who tend to come here are more level headed and dont let the ego's run wild. I was an RD1 owner for a few years before getting my FL so I understand some of the roots of the Hyundai industry and HA being the godfather of Hyundai forums.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 AM
UKS

Vehicle: 2004 Sonata

I havent came across any genesis owners so I cant comment on this but I have met a few new tiburon owners who seemed like they were a bit cocky so Im pretty sure the genesis people are not too different from them. Usually the older tiburon and accent guys are alot of fun and get along with each other pretty well. Im putting in my 2 because this seems like a hot topic people are chatting about.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:48 AM

Vehicle: 1997 hyundai coupe

the amount of information and history HKC knows never ceases to amaze me..
Old 10-25-2011, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: Genesis Coupe

<----- Trying to figure out how generalizing and hating on Genesis coupe owners makes you better & less ignorant than Genesis coupe owners generalizing and hating on you

what happened to car guys that just love cars
Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 1998 TURBO Tiburon

My wife just bought a 2.0T Genny last week. I was going to trade my tib in but decided to keep it and build it up alot more. Saturday night, we went out for ice cream and decided to take the tib and leave the Genny at home. When we pulled into the ice cream spot, there was a black Genny sitting there with rims, nightshaded tails, CF hood, and debadged trunk. We got out, and went over to chat with the owner since he was standing next to it because I wanted to see if it was a 2.0 or 3.8. It was a 2.0 also, but what really pissed me and my wife off is the fact that when I told him I had the tib (without saying my wife just bought one), he looked at me and asked why I dont sell the POS and buy a real car.

My jaw literally did this

How are you gonna talk sh*t like that without even knowing

1. Whats under my Tib's hood

2. If I am a Genny owner or not

It really pissed me off and after reading this thread I can see that people are encountering this type of attitude in other areas too. Seriously, WTF? It wouldnt have pissed me off if it was Honda, Toyota, Mitsu, or any other car driver. But for another Hyundai owner to look down on me just because I wasnt in a Genesis, REALLY pissed me off. :angry:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

How old was the person?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani Tiburon

This may be slightly off topic... But Majik - I really want to plus rep you right now. It seems like the appropriate thing to do after I just noticed your rep.