The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Personal Thought: Gen Coupe owners are smug sumb*tches

Old 10-24-2011, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Red Tib
Default Personal Thought: Gen Coupe owners are smug sumb*tches

I was trolling a couple of the GC forums and I noticed that alot of those guys are pretty smug and egotistical. Not much more different than the GK crowd. Why is it that RD tib, Accent, Elantra, Sonata, and Santa Fe owners are the nicest people around in groups, but when you get into a group of GK or GC owners, they're nothing but total a**holes? What is it about those cars that make the owners think they are superior and better than anyone else?

I dont mean to offend the GC owners on here because I know HA has some awesome members and everyone here is really cool and wouldnt act like the morons on other forums.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Its just the way it is when new models come out man. The gk guys got the delta v6 so they automatically thought they were better than the rd series because they all came with a 4 banger.

The gen coupe guys have the turbo and 300 horsepower v6 so they now think they're better than any other hyundai. I bet there are some good people on the gc sites but it wouldnt surprise me one bit if most of them were jerks like 99% of the gk owners.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani Tiburon

Hey now, although I agree for the most part, Im a GK owner now. Although I started with an RD2 so thats probably why. I hope I dont become an A hole when I get my Genesis Coupe.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Vehicle: 00 Tiburon

I agree with the OP. I have came up on a couple of gc and gk owners in the past and I always give them a wave and a thumbs up. They either give me a dirty look or nothing. 1 gc and 1 gk owner even gave me a thumbs down because I was in an rd2 tib. Stupid pricks. :angry:
Old 10-24-2011, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Elantra

I found that alot of GK owners (and probably GC ones too) will give most non GK/GC owners alot of sh*t until you prove that you can hang with them or even beat them at the track. Then they tend to give you some respect. Otherwise, dont even bother trying to talk to them because they will just look down on you and treat you like you're inferior.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

I will agree, I am a RD guy, I know many Gk guys that are very cool people to hang out with!!! I think the GK crowd has calmed down alot, atleast to the RD guys, cause the GC is out and now they see how we have felt, but yes, GC guys Holy-f*ck! These guys are pretty bad, most of them drive like complete ass hats, ripping around neighborhoods, flooring it light to light! The decent ones are few and far between but i have talked to a couple! A very small Couple!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

f*ck you!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^

I forsee the Veolster crowd being alot like the RD, Accent, and Elantra owners. Humble, friendly, and not thinking they're better than those who have been in the Hyundai scene for years.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Administrator

I don't agree with the original post, possibly because I'm a GC owner?

I've hung out with groups of GC owners and they respect other rides just like any normal group of people. There are DEFINITELY some egos flying around the GC arena, but no more than we have in our own multi-model forum here. I owned an RD2 for 10 years, my sister's owned a GK for 8, I now have my GC... Yes, there are definitely some owners with an ego, but it has nothing to do with what car they drive. They would act the same superior egotistical way if they owned a 350Z or G35. Hell, I came across a cat fight on Facebook last night because one guy was bragging he was lower than the other (not that the 'other' person cared at all) - I see the biggest egos coming from the show cars and hella flush crowd. They get WAY too butt hurt if someone gives any sort of constructive criticism or critique. Wanna install a 12" dildo shaped shifter? Be prepared to handle the hate.

Again, I think it's less likely to do with their car and more likely to do with their personality. For you veterans of this forum who don't think we have some die hard model specific fans, you're insane.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Visionz
^

I forsee the Veolster crowd being alot like the RD, Accent, and Elantra owners. Humble, friendly, and not thinking they're better than those who have been in the Hyundai scene for years.
that's because the veloster is slow and ugly!

GC or die!!!

I'm joking... but I do agree. They probably won't have as many asshats as the GC crowd. The GenCoupe forums are filled with a bunch of young owners who feel they know A LOT about the car and give horrible advice. I'm glad we have such a mature crowd here with years of actual experience. FWIW, I don't consider myself one of those in the mature group.