The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Personal Thought: Gen Coupe owners are smug sumb*tches

Old 10-24-2011, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

^^^ LMFAO... I like the Veloster, just needs a little more work, and alot more POWA!!!

But... I think that is the problem with GC community is that i would say 65 percent of them are really young, they got the car Cause it has a Turbo/RWD! There like Inertia Drift!!! Just to sum it up there are like 10 or 12 GC here on the Base i work at, all owned by really young guys/gals that thought it was cool, it is there first car and they are just to cool for school now!!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8

Being a GC owner also, I can agree with many others in this thread. The crowd at Gen Coupe is pretty immature, mean, and alot do give horrible advice. Thats why I generally come here if I have a question because I know this site has ALOT of people who are willing to help and wont be douchebags to newbies.

I have no experience with the GK crowd but from what I have heard and read, it seems like GC and GK owners would get along very well together since they both tend to be a**holes. Or then again, maybe thats why they WOULDNT get along together.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 3.8

I totally agree. Gen Coupe drivers are the biggest jerks to ever walk the face......oh wait......

For real though, you guys think GC owners hate on every other Hyundai driver....try being a girl in the GC crowd. Its not fun and the young bastards on the GC forums LOVE to leg hump...especially at meets and shows. Someone said its not about the car as it is about personality. I think Hyundai should give people a personality test before allowing them to drive off the lot with a new GC. If you're a tool, treat people with disrespect, and think your car should be in Fast and Furious, then you aint getting one! Go drive a civic, since you're just like every other douche nozzle that drives around in a Type R Special.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I don't think it is quite as bad as the GK crowd use to be. I have run into individual GC owners who have a huge superiority complex, but not really a culture-wide superiority complex.

As far as people thinking their car is superior, IMO the GC has a leg to stand on. However, the reason their cars exist can be traced back down through the GK, the RD, actually all the way to the Excel and Pony if you get right down to it.

Locally I have had a fair number of GC guys attend our meets, and I have attended a fair number of their meets. It's a great bunch of guys and I've never found them seriously talking down the car I've shown up in.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon

Wow...I didnt think there could be anyone worst than the GK crowd. Wait, no...the GK crowd at NT, is what I should say. With any make or model, you're going to get the a**holes and cool people. Thats just a fact. And every forum on the internet is going to have their E-thugs, wrong advice givers, super knowledgeable, and just plain out chill cool people. The way you interact around them can be the difference between you being one of the douches and one of the respected cool people. I say just ignore the idiots because it wont take long before their true colors show them as being assclowns which means they wont get any respect in the community from the good members who actually are respected.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:05 PM

Vehicle: Genesis Coupe

we always include other models that want to come in the NW... i tend to think a large # of people on the internet in general think they are superior & elitist.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

Originally Posted by Blumagic
we always include other models that want to come in the NW... i tend to think a large # of people on the internet in general think they are superior & elitist.

+ Rep given to you sir. Thats how it SHOULD be. Enjoy the company of all Hyundai owners.....dont seperate yourself from the rest of the community and think you're better than them all.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^I disagree. They separate from the rest of the community. They are also ignorant and don't have a clue about the origins of their car/company. We simply notice this and choose to not to appreciate numbness and immaturity.

I agree with this thread in general.

Wow...I didnt think there could be anyone worst than the GK crowd. Wait, no...the GK crowd at NT, is what I should say.

I really agree.

All the uppers hate on the Tiburon because it looks like a real sports car when it's actually a beat box. To me this says that the design is too good for the car. Everyone thinks it is and that is ignorance. It was Hyundai's mistake (I personally think Porsche designed it) for designing a car with a design too good for what it is.

I have one question for them to shut their holes.

My car was busy winning world class rallies against legendary drivers all over the world in all kinds of environments. Where was your precious car?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

There you are HKC! I was waiting for your contribution to this thread.

Originally Posted by Red Tib
I was trolling a couple of the GC forums and I noticed that alot of those guys are pretty smug and egotistical. Not much more different than the GK crowd.
Care to give some examples? Whenever you get thousands of members with a few ego driven owners, you'll have some people battling for attention and power.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:27 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

since when is a 200hp 4cyl or a modern 300hp 6cyl something to brag about.........IMHO cars are slow altogether, you need to loose 2wheels to go fast. other then that just appricate the style and beauty of these things and appricate the time/sweat/blood it takes to get things things to preform and look beautiful. i love the looks of my RD2, i dont really care for any other hyundais other then the GC and new sonota. just personal opinion

edit: you can talk a lil smack when you have a 300HP 4cyl or a 400hp 6cyl. other then that your doing the same thing every modern stock car does from factory. look at the new civic/TC/altima 4cyls or the 370z/accordv6/mustangv6 those are all 200/300hp out the box.