The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Payin Out Hyundais

Old 08-28-2006, 06:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Osv4 @ Aug 28 2006, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wit mods..it will be good in US or Europe..but i live in Australia..this car is pretty uncommon and they dont have many shops that u can buy stuff at..</div>
You must be living under a rock. Didn't you know that most of the parts that we get come from Australia?

RPW
HVE
CAPA
Whiteline
Sick division
MRT
Chip Torque
Perf. Styling center

There was a time where the ONLY parts we could ever get came from Aus.
The Accent was supposed to be the most popular imported subcompact there.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Yeah but you know how it is... you always want what you can't have wink1.gif
Old 08-28-2006, 06:41 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Aug 28 2006, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>thats funny, last i knew JD POWER doesnt give awards to "crappy cars" and i think this is like the 5th or 6th straight year hyundai has won mulitple. just point that out to them, they obviousely have no clue, ask if there cars have won any JD power awards lately? wink1.gif</div>

Yeah they will be like.."ummm wats JD power?" I find it funny cos they only know the stuff that happens here in Australia..(dont get offended Aussies)..they dont care much about wat happens in other places of the world, especially if that proves what they said is wrong..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Domi @ Aug 28 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I understand you man!!
Not about racing and stuff, but yesterday we had a meeting.
And we were with about 8 Hyundai's; Tib's, Scoupe's and a excel. We got directions to a little alley, put your cars over there, it was pooring rain outside, so we were like Ok.
Hardly anybody came to see us, so we decided to put the cars a bit different and play some music and they decided to get up in the alley they walked like half way, oooh only Hyundai and walked back....

Where is the love!?</div>

Thats what i was talking about..for some weird reason Hyundai has a crap name...when i bought my Tib..the first thing i got when i told my friends..was "have fun fixing it" ive had the car for 1.5 years now..no problems..well constat velocity joint f***ed up..but thats cos it went over 100K kms..and i do some burnouts..maybe a few too many.. lmao.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JonGTR @ Aug 28 2006, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You must be living under a rock. Didn't you know that most of the parts that we get come from Australia?

RPW
HVE
CAPA
Whiteline
Sick division
MRT
Chip Torque
Perf. Styling center

There was a time where the ONLY parts we could ever get came from Aus.
The Accent was supposed to be the most popular imported subcompact there.</div>

Yeah well try fiding some of it in the shops! NONE..go to like main car part shops..cant find anything..it might be not street legal and not many ppl buy them so they dont stock them..

OzFx i understand wat ur saying..but i keep gettin the shits..ive been in Aus for 2 years..my english aint that good to say a lot to them back..and just punshing them out wont do anything cos ill just get suspended from school b4 my final exams..=DD so i just said as a joke..but he just clicked it cos he knew he would get owned...wat a 20 year old car thats about to fall apart can do..hes got like 90kw under the hood lol..(ford kingswood i think its called)
Old 08-28-2006, 08:10 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Aug 28 2006, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>thats funny, last i knew JD POWER doesnt give awards to "crappy cars" and i think this is like the 5th or 6th straight year hyundai has won mulitple.</div>

Saw a commecial the other day....it was completely silent with this text fading in and out:

"We started out as a modest car company"

"Today we are still a modest car company..."

"...we just need a bigger trophy case."

Then it finished off with a shot of a couple JD Power & Associates awards followed by a Crooked H.

Now tell me thats not a kick in the @$$ to all the other companies out there! buttkick.gif
Old 08-28-2006, 08:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Osv4 @ Aug 28 2006, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah well try fiding some of it in the shops! NONE..go to like main car part shops..cant find anything..it might be not street legal and not many ppl buy them so they dont stock them..</div>
Why would you go to a local rice shop? They just rip you off anyways. You can get parts a lot cheaper by buying them on the internet and learning to install them here.

Like I said, you have it much better over there than us, as far as Hyundai specific parts go.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Osv4 @ Aug 28 2006, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I keep gettin paid out in school that im driving a Hyundai..as it is the "worst world car" "crappest car ever"..and stuff like that..i even heared thats its a "granny car"...i used to think similar to that..but since i bought it and drove it i love it..dunno why ppl hate hyundais? Anyone know? Cant figure out why people hate them...Its one of the best cars that look good in stock..

Talkin performance wise my Tib is pretty stock..ive got only the headers and the cannon..getting the CAI done this weekend.. thinking about a turbo and those sorta mods for next year..it just everyone keeps sayin "why bother..its a Hyundai" mad.gif</div>

I'm going to answer this in a professional manner(except my Grammar). I believe that people still think Hyundai suck, not because it's a Hyundai, but because it's Korean. Many people have, what I call the "Japanese Hypnosis". Because of the Playstation, horrible Japanese Anime and their nasty pop culture, people are addicted to Japan. This is why so many people know so little about what the Japanese did during World War II and what the Japanese goverment is all about today(partially ran by the Yakuza and the Japanese Government still has the WWII mindset). The Japanese were worse than the Nazis. We can also thank the Fast and the Furious for false stereotypes on real Japanese people. The Japanese Hypnosis comes in play when a person thinks all Japanese products are superior just because they made the Nissan Skyline GT-R. When I learn better English grammer in College, I plan on writing a book on this and it will be called "Japanese Hypnosis". The biggest group of people who are poisoned by the Japanese Hypnosis are the Asian-Americans.

This is why we have "Hyundai Sucks" "Samsung Sucks" "Kia Sucks" etc etc.. This is why people still think Made in Korea is the same as Made in China or Taiwan.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Aug 28 2006, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is why so many people know so little about what the Japanese did during World War II</div>
Im pretty sure we all know about pearl harbor and who did it. Granted thats not ALL they did, but thats what the majority know/remember

Im not so sure everyones "hyundai sucks" opinion comes from war. i think it just comes from the fact that people just follow leads. people who say hyundai sucks probably have never driven, rode, or worked on one. so their opinions cant really be vouched except through word of mouth. its not as policitical as you might like to think, at least not to me. people are close minded. even if they knew hyundai was a great company, unless they owned one chances are they wouldnt stick up for them. Its like a losing team...like our bengals...while they were losing (the last 15 years lol) no one ever cared and everyone said they sucked,, but now that we've started winning and won the division we sell out EVERY game. you have people saying they have been die hard fans theire whole lives, but...where were they during every losing season at every home game standing there in the middle of winter cheering on a team that seemed almost hopeless? they were at home saying how much they sucked...till now. Its called the BANDWAGON.

just build a car to mad_john, viper, gary, jon, etc standards and shut 'em up
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I love my Hyundai Tiburon to death. I"ve never had any complaints on my car. Why? because all of my friend's with Hondas, Toyotas, VW etc etc. have had problems.. But I've never had a problem with my car.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homey14h @ Aug 28 2006, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>people who say hyundai sucks probably have never driven, rode, or worked on one. so their opinions cant really be vouched except through word of mouth.</div>

That was me 2 years ago. But in some ways he is right about the Korea vs. Japan mindset. I'll be totally honest, I knew very little, and still know very little about Korea. I know of North and South, something about a war there...and thats about it.

The only things I know about Korea are from just reading posts on this site from Mad_John and sometimes Redz. The more I read, the more I wanna know...I'm just too lazy to do the research.

I think if you give it a couple more years....you'll see a big change in people's opinions. Not to take anything away from the RDs, but in Ontario, GKs are selling like crazy. I can't get on the highway without seeing 2-3 within a few kilometres. Hyundai is heading in the right direction, and people are starting to realise that Hyundais are more than just the econoboxes that they were originally.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

This is a case of 2 things.

1: fear of the unknown.

Basically people tend to build up a feeling of safety for what they are used to and then something new comes along and alot of people are scared of it.

The tiburon is a classic example of this, I have heard all kinds of shit about Hyundai from "unreliable piece of crap" to "those things fall apart on 40k miles" to "those are the most unsafe cars on the road".

Addressing all 3 of those now.

My car isnt unreliable, it's infact VERY reliable in a whole year of motoring I have had a CEL once and that was because my CAI came undone.

My car is solid as feck.. When you close the doors there is a lovely WHOOMP akin to a BMW.
Infact I will have to admit that before I got the tib I was one of the "they fall apart theyre disposable cars" crowd.

My car is safe.
Impact bars accross the doors (which is what gives the door close that lovely thud no doubt) and very strong cockpit.
I have seen numerous tibs trashed and totalled but the cabin inside was untouched (apart from the deployed airbags of course).

2: People don't like what they dont have.

See, I love cars, ANY cars.
When someone comes up to me in a nice car that I work with I usually use that as a topic of conversation, Im open minded to any kind of car that gets my attention.
And thats probably why I own a tiburon, as all the mustang kids at work hate them.

Funny though, me = $900 tiburon not broken down once.
Kid @ work = $17,000 2004 mustang has broken down twice in 6 months.

Hmmmm, wonder what car I would rather be driving?