The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

No Money? No Problem?

Old 06-06-2005, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Jun 6 2005, 05:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>REDZMAN, before you say that I owe you parts and havent sent them, Im waiting on you to send me a list.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Woah, I'm not saying anything girl. I'm hoping I know what I need here shortly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvertibbs @ Jun 6 2005, 05:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't mind pm's but I was emailing you because your pm box was full, and you wanted them in emails instead. So I sent you another email just now. I'll also send you a pm.

TC, if you emptied it, please, just keep an eye on it and clear it out. Or, if you want PM's turned off, turn them off!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Jun 6 2005, 05:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Everybody in business gets themselves into a hole at least once. I realise that it sucks not to get your parts, but give the girl time, she is just getting back onto her feet. I have been on disability, took me years to get out of debt because of it.

My only suggestion Liz... back off on modding your car AT ALL until you get all the parts shipped. Also, you ever consider selling some of the parts you have left over from the other cars on ebay?

Agreed on both parts. I've been in BOTH situations and know how hard it can be at some times, but before you get yourself in further debt with the car, get stuff sent out, paid off, and wait on the car till next year. It'll be there.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

The only real reason I started this is the fact that we agreed there would be some sort of progress on the 27th. With the holiday I can understand it not being shipped then. All I really needed was a message stating whether or not it was or was not sent. Then I'll be happy or angry.

I still don't see the point of having no money. I agree that things come up and sometimes stuff rolls downhill and runs you over at the bottom. But if there was the option for a refund, why weren't the parts sent?

This kinda goes to the next point I'd like to make. Where is my money I sent? That is the nagging point that gets me everytime the comment "I have no money" comes out. You had it, it really wasn't yours to spend on anything other than shipping costs. So where did it go.

Again, not bashing, just throwing that point out there. That is my main concern. Call it selfish or inconsiderate all you want but no matter what way you look at it, that question remains.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:58 PM

Bills. Bills bills and more bills. $100 is like nothing, it barely pays half of my car payment. Its not like you gave me $1000 and I blew it all away. It was $100, which isnt a crazy amount. Ive used that much money in gas for 2 weeks.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:09 PM

^ I'm not going to beat a dead horse here but that was kinda rude TC.

All I'm saying is that there was an amount of money to cover that cost. And now we don't have it. I'll leave it at that.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:00 AM

All of this just seems like any overplayed drama. I understand that everybody goes through some hard times TC. I for one am 60,000+ in debt for College not to mention the $1,600 credit card bill I racked up before I got a job in Sept. At the same time you must understand that when you quote someone a price for parts AND shipping, that it is final. If you charged him $60 for the hubs and spindles shipped, and the shipping is $50, then you only get $10 in profit. Its a harsh reality, but thats the way it works in buisness. I haven't been a member of this community very long, but I have seen some pretty ugly things go down, and the last thing I wanna see is you stoping doing something you enjoy. I think this thread needs to be closed, because quite frankly there isn't anything posotive that can be added, and I believe that this will just turn into a bash thread. Either way, TC you should really just take the loss and send the parts to silvertibbs. That is the only appropriate way to rectify the situation and save face.

I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I feel for your Silver, I have thought of starting these threads like this one but decided not to and just watched others do what I wanted.

I too, bought parts from TC on December 18th, 2004! I went through the same crap but hey, what do you expect.

I didn't even want to post in here but I NEED TO GET AHOLD OF YOU TC.

You know the routine (same **** EVERY TIME!!!!!)
-pm box full (or turned off or disabled or whatever the fvck you do so noone can pm you)
-no reply to e-mails
-don't wanna start calling you (even if I had your number) because I'll feel like I'm harrassing you
-can't start a thread to get a hold of you (mods will jump on it and WARN!)
-etc.

Anyway, TC I've been trying for ANOTHER month now to contact you and thank you for the parts you have shipped. Thank your boyfriend too for taking the time to take off the parts from the wrecked car.

The real reason I need to contact you is:

I'm still missing part of my order. I have gotten:
rear hubs, bolts/screws
and the box of "goodies" (btw, anyone want a purple neon and TC; what is that cig lighter adapter for? How does it work, what does it do? It's black with a cig lighter plug and three holes....??? )

Here's what I haven't gotten:
-two rear calipers (I believe you said they were painted purple metalcast)
-my interior switches (<--but I think I remember you saying you were NOT going to give these to me because you found someone to buy them. I guess...if you don't have them then that's that.)

Please let me know REALISTICALLY when you think you will be able to ship the calipers out. DO NOT tell me next week (unless you really plan to) just to satisfy my question and then push it off for another month, then another, then two, then another, why...? bills?

Lessons to be learned:

-Before agreeing on a price with an internet buyer, find their location and estimate the shipping costs of your product to them, and include this in the agreed price. Otherwise you might end up paying the same for shipping as you got for the product. Sometimes the buyer will be nice and chip in some to get their product but beware, you can't really say "Actually...I just raised the price even though you already sent me the money, yeah......I'm gonna need another 100 bucks before you see your product, sorry."

-Money is evil
Old 06-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Okay I'm gonna use my new power to lock this. It has kinda turned into a bash thread which is not what I intended.

Patreezy, I know, I didn't want to but it was the money factor that got me everytime. Unfortunately, I just felt that nothing was going to be resolved if I didn't put a little pressure on the situation.

hehehe and for the first time *BAM* locked
Old 06-11-2005, 05:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Thought you were gonna lock it? Noob.

You guys PM me if this isn't resolved before the end of the month.