The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The Hate Is Still Out There

Old 06-21-2005, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like anyone would want to rip off a mustang? I had to drive one for a few months before I bought my Tib. Take it on the highway and it feels like it's going to rattle itself apart. Cheap power, but shoddy quality body/interior and sloppy handling.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:38 PM

I havent had my car out in a while as im switching to a t3/t4 turbo but i get crap all the time. The worst is at the track..."why would you waste your time and money boosting a hyundai?" Maybe because before it was boosted it was still a second faster than your honda? I dont ever hate on other peoples cars even if i dont like em so those kinda ppl just get the cold shoulder or sometimes retalliation if i feel like it. I love my tib, I have a 240sx now too and RWD is so much more fun but im still keepin on keepin on with the boosted tib and its gonna haul ass and look sweet once im done. headbang.gif
Old 06-21-2005, 01:41 PM

^^^Boost the 240!!! omg seroiusly lol put the money in the 240. theres so much more you can do and itll be eve more fun being RWD and then use the tib as your daily driver!
Old 06-21-2005, 01:46 PM

haha i know dude, my buddy has a spare sr laying around im kinda thinkin on...but the tib gets the dough fo rnow.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:49 PM

where do you live? because if you have winter id make the 240 my toy and save the tib for winter and wet weather. 240s are worse than some muscle cars in wet weather. but i do see your point in hookin up the tib because its different
Old 06-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Jun 21 2005, 01:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Tiburons are geared way too aggressively to get any massive mileage out of them. You take a domestic where crusing on the freeway @ 70MPH is 2000RPM, it will experience little wear and tear. Tiburons sit @ 3300RPM or so.

Personally I wouldn't feel too comfortable driving the Tib at those RPMs for a long amount of time. While a constant RPM speed is less abuse than revving to thath RPM, its still a lot more wear and tear than a car cruising 1000RPM above idle.

The term "highway miles" doesn't apply well to Tibs I think. lmao.gif
--------
As for on-topic, I really don't get any negative feedback on my car in my area. Everyone here (young and old) thinks it has a unique look to it, and all the girls love the interior and ride a lot. They prefer the Tib to the GSX (although I sure don't tongue.gif).
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

as far as the mileage thing i was talking about 1/2 million miles. it sounded so much like what one of my friends with a camaro would say. lmao.gif he has a v6 auto camaro and doesn't understand how in the world my 5-speed tib would be able to keep up with him.

anyways on the original topic I haven't experience too much hate but i don't make fun of peoples cars ever. there was this one time though when one of my friends that was big into camping got a element and we were talking about it. I said something to the effect of "it should be very functional (for camping) but like the aztec it sure is ugly." he responds by saying well i think your tiburon is ugly and storming off. (he's a little odd, extremely metro)

btw, about 1/4 of the time i go through a drive through i get a comment about my car and always positive. lol, one time shortly after getting it i went to burger king and two checkout girls were hanging out the window looking at it one said "I like your car!" . me, oh thanks. her "no, i really like your car." me, um...thanks.

I wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that one. oh well.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

well im happy to say that i dont get very much negative feedback on my car. i usually get gawkers anywhere i go and it seems like whenever i go to get in my car there is somebody staring at it asking me questions and it usually ends with "well i really like it, ive been thinking about getting one myself". CNY is very hyundai friendly tho. hyundais are well accepted up here and everybody knows that they are putting out vehicles with alot more quality than the old ones. but where i go to school there are some people that swear i should get a "real" car like a honda/ford/chevy (depending on whos doing the talking) and i just laugh. idiots. every one there has a 85 ford or similar and they neglect the hell out of it (i.e. oil changes once a year) and still think that their car is going to last longer than mine. riiiiight
Old 06-21-2005, 10:21 PM

You know what really gets me rip roaring ridiculously and absolutely ready to kick someone in the scrotal region repeatedly? When someones like wow...you got a new car? That's f**kin sick man what is it....

A Tiburon.

Wait...isn't that a hyundai?

Yup.

Dude, why'd you buy a cheap piece of crap b!tch a$$ Hyundai...

*chokeslams moron to the ground until they scream uncle and beg for mercy*

sorry...it aggrevates me thoroughly...
Old 06-21-2005, 10:45 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Oh I get HELLA comments from random people saying "I like your car" whether it's the lady at the gas station or the kid riding his Huffy down the block.

Thing is, all older people that have knowledge about cars (or THINK they do) think that tiburons are pos's and chick cars etc etc blah.

It pisses me off.

Oh yeah, and as far as "hate is out there between tiburon owners too" just take a look at this thread, GREAT example: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...40&#entry128763
Old 06-21-2005, 11:08 PM

I get lots of comments on looks of my car, so aperantly people like it even though they know it's a hyundai. There is a lot of people who respect cars and have some knowledge, but there is also a lot of stupid haters who are just stubborn stuck ups.

Supercow, actually take a v8 crown victoria or the mercury copy of it. I know a lot of people that drive those cars in white taxi (BWI airport). Those taxi drivers get over half a million miles on those cars!!! No joke, I know those people personally, and have seen those odometers.