The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The Hate Is Still Out There

Old 06-21-2005, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

We get the respect out here, I tells ya what.

All the time, folks saying, "Oh, is that Tiburon? Wow. What year is it? What bodykit is that?"

I tell them it's mostly stock except under the hood and my ricer tendancies.

Folks like what I've done on the inside. Everyone thinks my dash is apart for weight reduction.

LOL
Old 06-21-2005, 11:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supercow @ Jun 21 2005, 08:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol, one time shortly after getting it i went to burger king and two checkout girls were hanging out the window looking at it one said "I like your car!" . me, oh thanks. her "no, i really like your car." me, um...thanks.

I wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that one. oh well.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

That's an easy one! "Want to take a spin?" wink1.gif

Seriously, I've never had any negative comments about my car (except how it's hard to get in and out of maybe lol). A "nice car" comment isn't too uncommon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Tiburons are geared way too aggressively to get any massive mileage out of them. You take a domestic where crusing on the freeway @ 70MPH is 2000RPM, it will experience little wear and tear. Tiburons sit @ 3300RPM or so.

Personally I wouldn't feel too comfortable driving the Tib at those RPMs for a long amount of time. While a constant RPM speed is less abuse than revving to thath RPM, its still a lot more wear and tear than a car cruising 1000RPM above idle.

The term "highway miles" doesn't apply well to Tibs I think.</div>
How many engines have you replaced? wink1.gif I don't know where you are getting any of that. There's hyundais out there with 200k+ miles. I just drove 700 miles only stopping for gas, no problems, and 32-33mpg, 75-85mph cruising. Very rarely have I heard of our cars having an actual engine related problem with normal use and abuse.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supercow @ Jun 21 2005, 08:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>btw, about 1/4 of the time i go through a drive through i get a comment about my car and always positive. lol, one time shortly after getting it i went to burger king and two checkout girls were hanging out the window looking at it one said "I like your car!" . me, oh thanks. her "no, i really like your car." me, um...thanks.

I wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that one. oh well.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Yeah I always get comments on how nice my car is even though on the outside it's practically stock. It's just an aggressive looking car. Sometimes I just look at it and go....DAMN....that's a sweet ass looking car. I have my windows tinted yellow too, amber actually, and I ALWAYS get double checks on the highways, people taking their sunglasses off to make sure they saw what they think they saw. lol Lots of kids I notice love my car. My husband is driving the tib right now and he took the new rims and tires to be mounted and balanced, when he came back home he was looking at the rims on the tib and a kid came up to him and said "Why do you keep looking at that car?" Hubby, "I'm just looking at how these wheels look." Kid, "no....you're looking at it so much because it's so coooool!" lmfao And I was changing my spark plugs and wires one afternoon and a bunch of kids came running over asking what I was doing and if I race the car and how much they like it. lol Now why oh why can't all ricers be like kids?! lol

And my father-in-law had the excel or something, I'm not sure which model, but it was a hyundai BACK in the day and he drove the car into the ground and when he traded it in he had 200k+ on the car and the guy gave him like 2 grand for it because he was so impressed at the mileage.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

See people dont think that tiburons can have any kind of real power but they need to take a look at the boosted tibs out there. Me and my friends joke around about each others cars but I never get negative comments. Mostly I think because the tib is a beautiful car. Theres no other cars out there that look like the RD Tib does. I also never talk bad about other peoples car because if they like it thats all that matters. However, I do hate it when people have really crappy cars and think that they are hot stuff. I hate that