The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

The Hate Is Still Out There

Old 06-21-2005, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

this turned into a gripe, so i moved it accordingly

and i have the same feelings as everyone has already covered...

that, and i love hyundais laugh.gif
Old 06-21-2005, 06:59 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

you know whats worse than outsiders hatin the crooked h?

the crooked h hating the crooked h?

"my se v6 six speed will stomp on your 4 banger"
Old 06-21-2005, 08:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yea some people at school say that hondas are better and all, which they have, but then I ask them to come to the next autox and they say, either my parents wont let me, its more of a drag car, I just street race fing02.gif with a stock civic except wheels and a resistor chip, auto too and dont forget about the wing headbang.gif thats really cool to have lots of down force going 30 mph lmao.gif , or I have to work, I have to work on autox days too but I get off that day, practally the only days I ask for off and I work lots of other peoples days for them, well it seems the only people who dont like to say their car is better is the ones who are, like a supercharged m3, old muscel car, I think its a camareo, maybe chvelle
Old 06-21-2005, 08:36 AM

I know what you mean guys.

Most of my friends give me crap coz i got a hyundai, some dont but most do.
The crap that affects me most is the hyundai label "chicks-car". I understand where they're comming from, coz, exels, elantras, getz etc... are suited more for women. But i dont think the tib can be singled out as a chicks car. I always say, why isnt an integra, or a civic a chicks car??? My friends tell me to sell my car and get something better. In their opinion something better is a silvia, 180sx, civic, prelude, holden commodore (similar to Lumina in US and other countries) - All of which are more than 10yrs old. I got my car for a cheap price, so its not like i would be losing money or any thing, i could easily make AU$1000 off it. But i cant sell it, its a great car, good looks, power, fairly new car, excellent on petrol - what other car can offer all this??

I'll be totally honest, before i bought my Hyundai, i wasnt a huge fan of the crooked H. I did want to get a silvia or commodore before I came accross my Tib, but now i dont regret it at all, coz i got a 99 model for my first car not an 89.

These ppl who criticise hyundai are narrow-minded and without a doubt biased
Old 06-21-2005, 09:13 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MohammedsCoupe @ Jun 21 2005, 08:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>"chicks-car"<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

i can see agree with that. my reason is because i do see a lot of girls drivin tiburons and just as many of them drive eclipses, celicas, and V6 mustangs lol. i admit that the tiburon wasnt my first choice. i was looking into newer preludes, or 240sx, or 300zx. i could not find any of them in my price range and if i did they were total pieces of sh*t. so i settled for the tiburon and at first i wasnt happy but findin this site and people who actaully CARE to help, it made me change my mind.
the only downfall of the tiburon is the aftermarket products and FWD.

**i never hated on the hyundai scene!! lol i just had other cars i liked**
Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 AM

I just ignore those ignorant people that have stupid comments to make. They're just jealous. And it must be because I always get looks when I'm driving down the road, people tryin' to race. Mostly everything has been said so no need to repeat. I love the car because it's different. I never saw a lot of tibs on the road and nowadays I see them everywhere...but mainly the GK's. So the 1st and 2nd gen always catch my attention when I see them because I rarely ever do. One of these days we'll get the respect that's due.....there will always be haters. That's not going to change.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:55 AM

^^^the thing i noticed now, after i bought my tiburon i have seen A LOT more tibs like mine(rd2) they were never around till after i got mine of course lol so now i dont feel as different 02.gif ive even pulled up next to a few and asked if they planned on modding and if they were i told them bout this site now whether or not they remember idk lol
Old 06-21-2005, 10:03 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Jun 21 2005, 07:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>well... I really would like to see any hyundai engine last as long as any domestic 8 cyl. Domestic 8 cyl car go over half a million miles.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

lol, man, thats good stuff (you were being sarcastic right??)
Old 06-21-2005, 11:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Jun 21 2005, 03:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>would you argue with a three hundred pound man, covered in grease and dirt, wearing overalls, and named "junior"?

Probably - under the circumstances that one might be able to outrun Junior lmao.gif

I havn't encountered too much negativity towards my car/foriegn vehicles. My girlfriend's family all either work for Ford or GM, but they don't even say anything - her brother makes jokes, but never means it.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supercow @ Jun 21 2005, 04:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol, man, thats good stuff (you were being sarcastic right??)

Tiburons are geared way too aggressively to get any massive mileage out of them. You take a domestic where crusing on the freeway @ 70MPH is 2000RPM, it will experience little wear and tear. Tiburons sit @ 3300RPM or so.

Personally I wouldn't feel too comfortable driving the Tib at those RPMs for a long amount of time. While a constant RPM speed is less abuse than revving to thath RPM, its still a lot more wear and tear than a car cruising 1000RPM above idle.

The term "highway miles" doesn't apply well to Tibs I think. lmao.gif
--------
As for on-topic, I really don't get any negative feedback on my car in my area. Everyone here (young and old) thinks it has a unique look to it, and all the girls love the interior and ride a lot. They prefer the Tib to the GSX (although I sure don't tongue.gif).