The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

"airborne's" Ecu

Old 09-09-2006, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

what I was getting at is that the ECU was the same, right? so the only difference would be the MAF -> MAP conversion...if the same ECU worked for dvanderk, then it must be something with the sensors?
Old 09-09-2006, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i believe the programming is slightly different for a couple reasons. I know that when i ordered it i had to tell him my turbo size, injector size, fuel pump, and all the good stuff, so i may be wrong but it seemed like they "tuned" it to a specific setup. Also, they had to make it able to understand input from our stock wiring harness, which is where i think the problem probably lies... grrr

and willie, my car is drivable, hence volker thinks its fine haha. dont matter if you know what your doin or not, get up here and help me!! lol
Old 09-10-2006, 02:10 AM

hahah man if u would of told me a couple weeks ago before school started i would be up there... haha.

yea he was surprised when i told him that i had read u were having trouble with the car.

but then again i asked him how the car was and if u had done anything to it and the convo went:

"has he done anything to his car?"

"yea he installed this thing that goes pppppssssssssshhhhhh!! everytime he shifts..."

"adam thats called a turbo"

"what does it do?"

"it makes the car go faster...."

"o yea he mentioned something about that"

"adam just stick to drawing and painting"

"haha yea maybe i should do that"

hahah that kid is a trip
Old 09-10-2006, 01:00 PM

lol yea he was a bud of mine for a long time, but definately doesnt share the passion in cars that i do. to him the make is car, truck, van, or suv, and the model is whatever color it is LOL

anywho, i talked to my buddy down at the shop and he doesnt want to put a potentiometer on the map sensor until he can get a data stream off the computer to see if its the map thats even at fault or something to that extent. the problem with that is i dont think were ever going to get it to data stream.... so what do you guys think i should do? try it anyway? lol. unfortunately, Id have to put the wideband back in to see if it was helping, and that is also his... ugh. driving into a wall looks better and better every day
Old 09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

wich scan tool did you use to see the data?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:57 PM

its called a Genisys. dont know too much about it

heres a link to one exactly the same:
http://www2.northerntool.com/product..._200304465.htm
Old 09-10-2006, 09:56 PM

i would give a try to a lap top based scan tool

are you sure about the OBD2 wires position?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:48 PM

im not quite sure what you mean about the wires position? that part of the wiring and whatnot was never changed
Old 09-11-2006, 12:24 AM

well.. it may be the problem.. they might have fogot to tell you to change some wires..

but the more i think about it.. if you can read the codes then wires should be ok,
try a lap top based scan tool.. it might work...some member close to you must have one
Old 09-21-2006, 09:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Sep 9 2006, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>what I was getting at is that the ECU was the same, right? so the only difference would be the MAF -> MAP conversion...if the same ECU worked for dvanderk, then it must be something with the sensors?</div>

Worked fine for me, mainly because it was a plug and play because i have a 2003 gk model. Not a single complaint from me. I do have an safc2 in which I have SLIGHTLY leaned it out to 11.8-12 rather then 11.5 a/f ratio.