The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

"airborne's" Ecu

Old 09-08-2006, 10:46 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

they were using a beta2 ecu for the simple fact it's easier for them to reprogram those then the beta1 ECU (not the same software, and better faster computer (beta2) )

if you're too rich all acroos you could simply lower the MAP voltage,
a SAFC or SMT-6 would do the trick,but since you're broke try this simple trick,wire up a potentiometer to the map signal wire and lower the votlage a bit then recheck your A/F ratio
it wil lact liek a crude fuel tuner, but it might work for nopw until you can afford a better solution

BTW, i do hope you're changing your oil more often,running WAY to rich is bas for oil and engine bearings
Old 09-08-2006, 11:20 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

you should try finding out who has the ecu too and see if they had problems.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:55 PM

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

btw, did you comfirm that the MAP sensor is wired in properly?
Old 09-09-2006, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...20ecu&st=60

what happened with dvanderk's??
Old 09-09-2006, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

that blows man!!! too much time, effort and money wasted

thanks for sharing us your experience in detail... but that's just how it is in general you know, you learn from your and other's mistakes: serves as a reminder and guide

i'm just wondering what exactly went wrong with this... i was so eager with the result and it did seem like that this was the ultimate solution for us
Old 09-09-2006, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Sep 9 2006, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...20ecu&st=60

what happened with dvanderk's??</div>
thats a gk zoned. the ecu was made for his engine originally, not our beta 1. cant really compare there i dont think.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Sep 8 2006, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow.....I feel bad just reading that, if I were you I would be so pissed off man.

Weren't there several people before you who said that they installed it successfully?

Is there someone who can get ahold of Airborne? Madjon?

goodluck dude</div>

oh trust me, im plenty mad... and the only person to have done what i did, swap sensors and everything to an rd, is Airborne himself. And I didnt even think bout Mad_jon,

TO MAD_JON: where is this place airborne had been working with in relation to you? i wonder if there's anyway you could help me out with them or something... i dunno. i just assume they wont replace my ecu, but i guess i dont really have a way to know for sure

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denisst99 @ Sep 8 2006, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>they were using a beta2 ecu for the simple fact it's easier for them to reprogram those then the beta1 ECU (not the same software, and better faster computer (beta2) )

if you're too rich all acroos you could simply lower the MAP voltage,
a SAFC or SMT-6 would do the trick,but since you're broke try this simple trick,wire up a potentiometer to the map signal wire and lower the votlage a bit then recheck your A/F ratio
it wil lact liek a crude fuel tuner, but it might work for nopw until you can afford a better solution

BTW, i do hope you're changing your oil more often,running WAY to rich is bas for oil and engine bearings</div>

they also used that ecu because it was already map based.

also, i am completely broke so as much as i would love those things... yea... but my mechanic also told me about that little trick, he said the only problem with that is sometimes the ecu wont like it at all and it just plain wont work... guess i wont know til i try

and yea, i change my oil pretty often... it actually smells like gas sometimes... 02.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denisst99 @ Sep 9 2006, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>btw, did you comfirm that the MAP sensor is wired in properly?</div>

sure did, bout 15 times actually lol. what we DONT know is if it is functioning at all properly. And without the ability to data stream we will really never know... Damn i wish we could do that cuz then we could see each sensor and signal individually through the computer and maybe have a clue to where the problem lies...

man i wish i lived near some of you hyundai geniuses....
Old 09-09-2006, 12:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you can hook the map sensor up to a multimeter. crude, but it will give you something.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:13 PM

we did that, i dont remember the specifics but it is at least functioning. dont know if that signal is incorrect or if its the computer thats messing it up tho. or for all we know it could be the iat or tps or god knows... lol
Old 09-09-2006, 04:01 PM

man that sucks adam,

its wierd that you bring this up right now too cuz i was just talking to adam v. about your car a couple days ago. I had asked him how it was doing (because i knew you had the airborne ecu) and i was curious to see if it worked for you. He told me it was alright, but then again we both know volker doesnt know how to change his own battery (my roommate changed it for him a couple days ago) so i dont expect him to know that your ecu is f*ed up. lol

Well hopefully you get everything fixed... for as little money as possible...

I wish i knew enough about hyundai's to help you out, it would give me an excuse to go up to minn with volker. haha

good luck