The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

As If Stealing Is Still Cool..

Old 09-21-2006, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my little story..

I went to walmart late last night and came home around midnight. Went to bed between 2and3. I wake up to my mom knocking on my door, and i said what?, she said your not gonna like this, i said what?, she says "someone broke into your car".

I go downstairs and BAM, my passenger side window is completely smashed! Look inside to find my $150 cd player is gone, the console in the middle is ripped apart and the plastic in peices. Thats not the end, i go around the car to look for other damage to find my gas tank door is open. Immediately, i realize shit, open my trunk and find my 300 kicker and Amp are gone. At this time im pissed obviously but realize i should get reimburst since i have been paying my insurance. INSURANCE? to try and make this short, i have a 500 dollar deductable instead of the 100 i thought. So im going to end up paying for basically everything. The window, center console, and cd player. Then, i come to find out the kicker and amp are not covered since they were not bolted to the car. After i find this out, i am reaming my insurance guy about this. Furiously, i just wanted to trash my car. But what else is there to say? Who steals stuff? Do these people think they are good? Anyway, i will be changing my insurance company along with trying to change my warranty since none of that was covered expectly though. But i guess what do you guys have to say? Is there a way to get some compensation to all of this? I doubt there is but maybe you guys can share your stories and how i can prevent this or maybe a good car alarm to install. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Also, when i called the police station, they werent even going to send an officer to check it out. I eventually got one to come and a detective took finger prints. But they said about 95% nothing will happen because the forensics unit is backed up and they only take murder and extreme cases not property damage and loses.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

that is shitty man. even if you had your amp and sub on special equpiment they will only replace like 25% of your claimed value (ie if you have it insured for 2000 your only gonna get 500). at least thats how it works with my insurance. and for the record as far as stolen shit goes, your best to allways buy your stuff stolen so that if someone steals it from you then its really just going back home.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (optimoprime @ Sep 21 2006, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>and for the record as far as stolen shit goes, your best to allways buy your stuff stolen so that if someone steals it from you then its really just going back home.</div>
That's the dumbest advice I've ever heard. Why do you think people steal things? Most of the time it's so they can sell it to dishonest people who will buy it to save money. If nobody buys it, there is no market and thieves will not bother stealing it.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That sucks kid! Guess you'll need to change you member name joke.gif
You had some stereo stuff in there with no security system????
Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^^^ yep bad idea. stereo equipment automatically makes you a prime target.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

try checking with your home insurance since it happened at your house... things that aren't covered by car insurance are often covered by home insurance. it's stupid yes but that's the way it is. For instance cd's that are in your car.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rallyman @ Sep 21 2006, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's the dumbest advice I've ever heard. Why do you think people steal things? Most of the time it's so they can sell it to dishonest people who will buy it to save money. If nobody buys it, there is no market and thieves will not bother stealing it.</div>

this isnt true because there will allways be thoughs who support black markets. its just in human nature, i had a boss once who went to grad school for somethin that involved him learnin about black markets. it dosent have to be stolen stuff but that just comes with the territory of black markets.

i wouldnt be surprised if there was stuff that people sell on here that was stolen at one point. it just happens
Old 09-21-2006, 07:12 PM

Ha, i guess i am not longer untouchabl3 02.gif But it is a good point to check under the home owners insurance but the thing is that it was parked in the street cause my parents use the driveway. But from now on, we are going to squeeze so i can fit in their where there is a light so that will help. But its not like anything is left in my car anyway. But thanks for the advice ill see waht my parents say tonight. mm i think im due for something good to happen, maybe the lottery!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

If you buy stolen goods you are actually worse than the thief because youre providing him with a job. And if he knows he is getting money he could actually hurt an innocent person.

I hope your stuff gets stolen one day and you know how it feels, I had my car 'attempted' a while ago, lost nothing because Clifford alarms are so fantastic but I still lost $206 for a new window, a day off work (another $55 loss) and am constantly getting glass in my hands when I clean the interior.

All because some asshole will pay a thief for stolen goods.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:24 AM

ive had 8 systems stolen so far, including two out of the tib. most did have alarms, but they got past them without attention.

my last stereo stolen was a $650 deck, and a $300 in dash digital signal processor... i was pretty hurt on that lose..