Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

XG350 Semi Big Brake Conversion

Old 03-16-2005, 12:03 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes they should, however I'm not positive, I know for 13" rotors you need at least a 16 or 17 inch wheel. Some for sure need a minimum of 17"

Ok and on the note of pricing, I'm guessing we will barely peek 500 for the parts, add another 20-30 on shipping and thats all folks.

Now on my site they'll be up there around 800 or so if my price for you guys is about 550 or under.

So it pays to be a FlyRyde homie now I guess, lol.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

for your kit you should get some stainless lines

i convienently am running a group buy

pm me i got a deal for you
Old 03-16-2005, 02:18 PM

QUOTE (ArcticChill)
I'd definitely be jumping in on this deal if the rotors were slotted. smile.gif

One question though... my OEM rotors warped due to extra heat generated by the Greenstuff pads, and that happend at least in theory because material is not very hi class on our OEM rotors, so, even if you go with larger brakes you would still have that warping risk right? (Honest Q, I don't have the slightest idea here).

QUOTE (ArcticChill)
I'm going to go a tad off-topic. Tibby01, you know if the rear calipers on the GK Tibs fit ours? In theory, they should fit our rears...and if that theory holds up, then that means we can use the EBC Green Stuff brake pads for the rears too. smile.gif

Are thge calipers really different? I mean, someone checked if the pads are the same? When I bought my Greenstuff fronts, in the box it said they were compatible with Nissan 240 SX and Nissan Primera I beleive; so that means pads are not that unique are they?
If not the rear GK pads, any chance another car model would fit our std, rear calipers?

Also, I found on the EBC International Catalog EBC International Catalog that the part # for the GK rear pads is the same as the one for the RD part (DP2528); are we sure pads are not the same on GK's and RD's?
Old 03-17-2005, 03:38 PM

Stock 15" alloys don't!!! fit with the 11" (tib calipers) brake upgrade... but the 15" steel wheels do fit.

If you use the 2 piston xg calipers even the steel wheels won't fit anymore.

And remember the xg calipers are much heavier than the tib ones.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:49 PM

um why dont they?

random had xg calipers behind his stock alloys
Old 03-17-2005, 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Zman)
One question though... my OEM rotors warped due to extra heat generated by the Greenstuff pads, and that happend at least in theory because material is not very hi class on our OEM rotors, so, even if you go with larger brakes you would still have that warping risk right? (Honest Q, I don't have the slightest idea here).

Are thge calipers really different? I mean, someone checked if the pads are the same? When I bought my Greenstuff fronts, in the box it said they were compatible with Nissan 240 SX and Nissan Primera I beleive; so that means pads are not that unique are they?
If not the rear GK pads, any chance another car model would fit our std, rear calipers?

Also, I found on the EBC International Catalog EBC International Catalog that the part # for the GK rear pads is the same as the one for the RD part (DP2528); are we sure pads are not the same on GK's and RD's?

Weird. The US Catalog specifies that only the rear calipers on the GK have EBC pads...none of the rear calipers on the RDs had any. I think their US division are retards...
Old 03-18-2005, 07:33 AM

I found some info that might get us greenstuff rear pads, have to verify with the source yet...
I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:46 PM

Jmontigni from elantraxd.com test fited stock alloys and steelies after his brake upgrade with the single piston tib calipers.

And because the xg calipers being a bit bigger than the tib ones (not 100% sure about it) stock alloys shouldn't fit...
Old 03-18-2005, 05:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

shoot, the xg calipers might stick out less.

i know they are wider, but i wonder if the wideness offsets the huge hump needed for the bigger single caliper?

we'll see.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:37 PM

again random had them on his car and he had stock wheels

im gonna install mine prob in 2 weeks or so