Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Whats the Best Suspension 4 me

Old 02-27-2005, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tibron

what size wheels and tires are yall running with ur setups
Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 AM

I'm on 17x7" (205/40/17)
Old 02-27-2005, 02:28 PM

yo get the cup kit, i have it on my car with 17x7s and its a perfect ride. its never rubbed once, and instead of buying kyb gr2(which are only stock replacements) you get shocks made for it.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:49 AM

I am running on 15" with 195/55 tires. There is plenty of space in fender, so I guess there's no prblem on running with bigger wheels.
Also, Eibachs settle lower than advertised, I don't think they settle at the 1,2" they claim, I think it's more like 1,4"~1,5" and that's even on all four corners, that is, your tail will drop as much of your front. The H&R's drop 1,6" on the front but there is a difference with the rear which is a tad little higher, giving a more cue-like appeareance. I guess the rear springs are harder too, and that would be the reason why the car handles that fraction better with those springs than with the Eibachs.

About the GR-2, yes they are sold as stock replacements, but there is a HUGE difference in performance with those compared to the OEM's; for starters, they are gas charged, the OEMs are common oil shocks with a low resistance. I think they are offered as stock replacements more because they can work with the high travel OEM suspension than for performance.
Of course the H&R Cupe kit are better, but they are much more expensive! wink1.gif
It all depends on your budget:
If you have the money, probably your best bet are the H&R Cup suspension kit.
If you don't have that money alltogether right now, the springs + GR-2 are a very nice setup also, you won't be settling for a mid low performance setup, it's very nice and streatable.