Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Spring Installation

Old 02-26-2005, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

Thanks patreezy, i will get on that on monday. i already took off the molding stuff that covers the top of the struts. i hope the rear is as easy as the front. its pretty much the same rite?
Old 02-26-2005, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

same exact process, just the rear springs are skinnier.

What king of trouble did you have with aligning the sping with the strut? Just make sure where the spring ends is matched up with where the strut has a piece sticking up to put plush with the spring.

When do you plan on getting struts? I found a really good deal here locally at a parts store for KYB's (200 all four, includes tax and I think you may get money back for the cores, original struts) Probably am wrong on the cores since it is an aftermarket product but hey maybe...
Old 02-26-2005, 08:31 PM

Well we had a giant spring compressors ( not the ones from kragen) and you have to align the top with the other stuff that goes on top of the strut. it wouldnt align so it took some time to put it on. The spring fit right on to the notch. I dont think i will be getting struts any time soon. Dont got the money.

this is the compressor if u dont know what i mean
Old 02-26-2005, 08:49 PM

oh....dang you got the whole machine and everything, lol

I used two grooved rods of metal with two hooks that screwed onto them (facing eachother). One was fixed and the other moved down the rod if you tightened/lossened it. Had two of those (one on each side of the spring to compress evenly) and just used air gun to tighten down the spring. Guess I did it the ghetto way...whatever works man. Just be sure to get struts eventually (like in 3 months or so) because your stock struts will go on ya...save a paycheck or two
Old 02-26-2005, 08:57 PM

yea.. the machines haha... you know how auto shop is... hah
Yeah.. my friend installed his today on his 240Sx and he had the rod compressor too... from kragen.. 65 bucks deposit and 6 bucks a day for each extra day. Well from what i have heard from past post on eibach.... you dont have to change the struts. Some have used it for a pretty long time as well with the stock struts. so im pretty sure i dotn need them.. if i do.. then im screwed because im unemployed.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:06 PM

eibachs are okay w/o aftermarket struts from what I've heard as well...because they don't lower the car as much as other brands and aren't as stiff as others meaning better ride quality.

Tell me if you notice and difference in cornering once you get rear ones installed.

I noticed a better start of the line (quicker) but it was most likely because I also rotated my tires not because I lowered it, cuz my front tires were shot and my rear ones had lots of tread (and since it FWD it probably helped with traction). But the lowering could have some effect on quicker starts due to less weight transfer...

...we should really quit whoring it up in here and talk in pm's or aim.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:56 PM

hahaha... no one else talkin here.. haha well heres a pic of just the front lowered and the car in front is the 240sx. I'll tell you how it goes once i get it on.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:32 PM

that looks very hot! Nice and aggressive-looking. I kinda like it with just the front done.

Thanks for that pic, I was wondering what clear corners looked like on a black tib. Nice car dude.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:47 AM

Thanks for the great comment. I was thinking about just the front myself. haha but i think it would be bad for the suspension and weight distribution

Update.. Did not want to repost so here....
Got everything done on monday in 45 minutes. me and my couple helpers that didnt have stuff to do in class. Looks pretty darn nice.

Heres the final picture

here is one just right after it was done. Me and a couple of buddies just standing around outside of school. You can see my friends 240sx (beat-up) that we did on saturday.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:46 PM

it looks really good. now get a job and get a nice set of wheels