Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

New Wheels Help!

Old 12-14-2005, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Some of you may remember about a month ago I posted that I was looking to order a set of 16x7 Konig Troubles for my 01 Tib. Well since then I've been around in circles with no sight of rims yet. Basically the place I orginally ordered from (discounttire.com) told me a 3-4 month wait, there's no way I can wait that long considering I'm driving on 1 busted rim as it is (causes tire to leak air extremely fast...no it's def. not the tire or valve stem). So I found a shop that was a Konig dealer near me and thought all was well...turns out that they need to give me my deposit back because Konig no longer makes those rims in a 16x7 4 bolt pattern.

So I'm back where I started and wanted to get some suggestions from everyone here on what rims I should get. fing02.gif

Basically what I'm looking for:

- 16x7 4 bolt rim
- Gunmetal or black finish only...but I'm open to suggestions (no chrome)
- Preferrably thin 5 spoke rims like the Konig Troubles, but also I'm open to suggestions.
- Def. don't want to spend more than 600 total. If I really love them I'll go 700 but still.

Thanks for all your help guys I really need it!

-Ryan
Old 12-14-2005, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i was in the EXACT boat as you. then i came across these and had to get them, even though they were silver and werent available in a dark finish. 99 bucks a peice at 15lbs. 16x7

http://www.zx2racing.com/store/closeup.asp...id=189&offset=0

email them at NOSPAMzxtuner@hotmail.comNOSPAM. ask if they have any left of the 4x114.3. they did when i ordered but that was a while ago. the guys name is rob, and hes super helpful & ships pretty quick considering its not the size they are selling them for and i am on the other side of the country. 2 weeks from the time i paid.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:25 PM

I'm really having no luck with 16's, as much as I don't want to I might end up going 17's...dang.

If anyone can post a pic, link, info on 16'' or 17'' rims that fit my likes (gunmetal or black, 4x144.3 40 bolt pattern/offset) I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm really looking to buy a brand new set as well so sorry guys I'm not interested in used rims.

There's a bunch of guys on here with nice rims on there Tibs, let's here from ya all!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

the ones i listed above, but in silver
Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 PM

I saw dude but I'm looking for something a bit different, and I'd really like to stick with gunmetal or a darker finish. Thanks though! More help people! fing02.gif
Old 12-15-2005, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

my rims, but mine are silver.

do not ever buy from rim stores. they ALWAYS rip you off 100% of the time. just go to victoriatire or wheelsnext, but ask for availability before ordering.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:27 PM

ha you read my mind I was actually looking at those before and might end up going with them if I can't find anything I like better. how do you like them? What size tires do you have on them...the smallest/thinest I want to go is 205/45
Old 12-15-2005, 04:22 PM

i bought mine in 17'. i wanted the ones with our bolt pattern because there were only 4 holes in the ones i was looking at and the universal ones have 8 holes drilled just like every other rim. i wanted the clean shave but i guess they don't make ours in our bolt pattern. 4x114.3?

so yes when i recieved them they looked a hella better than the photographs. they almost looked chrome. the silver polished lip is an attraction i didn't even know it existed until i looked back at the photos. they look really nice when in motion. they also look really slick at night, as if they pop out due to the lighting. they haven't bent one bit at all considering the thousand potholes i hit every damn day. one of the rims i think is leaking air right now because i think i hit the utmost biggest pothole imaginable and under that intense force i'd guess any 17' rim would crack a bit however that was before i put on my 215 tires.

i love my rims. everyone compliments them. easy to wash and look just as they did new on my car. very very durable. i'd reccomend them to everyone. they fit perfectly and with a 42 offset the car drives just like stock. if you ever got 16's they'd be invincible and they would handle superior with our cars. whenever i'm driving, even if the rims are dirty as sh*t coule possibly make them, people still gaze at them.

I like the 17' look better:

Not a photochop, that's taken when the car was stock with just rims.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Yeah, I love those rims too. Very slick.

I was leaning towards those in either gunmetal or shadow-chrome but here are the ones I'm going to get now, just as soon as these tyres have had it...

They're black with a polished face. Saw them on an FTO a couple of weeks ago & they look awsome!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:48 PM

very nice find Oz, are you able to order them? very very slik, i mean pretty mucht he same deal but without the diminishing size of the spokes, the small tuck at the rim, and the silver polished lip. i'd like to see those on a tiburon. hail.gif