Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Just to let you know...

Old 05-07-2001, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Scoobert
Why would tire rack tell me to buy a USED tire of the same brand and model? They don't sell used tires. How are they making money off this?

Why would my local Goodyear dealer tell me to buy a used tired of the same brand and model, they don't sell used tires. Goodyear even gave me the names and numbers of 3 used tire dealers in my area. How are they making money off this

YOUR dealer is telling you it is okay and trying to get you to buy one tire. HE IS AFTER YOUR MONEY.

IT IS NOT OKAY. In grandma style driving you will not notice a difference, but the first time you have to do a panic stop, need to swerve to avoid something or someone, or drive in adverse conditions (snow, rain, etc..), you WILL notice the difference. The car will not handle predicatably.

It would be CHEAPER and SAFER to get a USED TIRED of the same brand and model rather than put one new tire of of a different brand and model. Even if the tread patterns sort of matched, you would have different sidewall stiffness, different rubber compounds...etc..etc..etc..

There's a difference between saving money, and saving your life. $200 is NOTHING compared to keeping your car out of an accident, and your body in one piece.

I would like to get the name of the shop, their phone number, and the name of the person you called that reccomeded mismatched tires. Please post it. I would love to record the conversation, and see if they will go "on record" stating that mismatched tires are safe. I would like to see him put his wife and kids in a car with mis-matched tires.

KoreanShark-
Look in your yellow pages under used tires. Look for a matching tire. Ask they if they have a matching Hyundai wheel. If they don't they will know who sells used wheels. Someone in your area I'm sure is selling a used Hyundai wheel.

[ May 07, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-07-2001, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

listen to random!!!!

nuff said