Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

I need snow tires!

Old 12-26-2004, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: news from iraq

QUOTE (hyundaipower)
ive been riding on the same 17 toyo tires for the last two winters. the tires are so bare, i barely stay on the road in the rain. this winter is going to be full of spinouts. cant wait laugh.gif

it's all good til you drive into a crowd of kids...

get new tires, man evil.gif :arrow: :?
Old 12-26-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Whats Your SPEED.....?

as long as it is cold outside, they won't wear faster. Warm weather kills winter tires, not cold dry pavement. If it is often over +10deg celcius, you could get good all season tires.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Global Warming

HA! This sucks! I just wrecked into a snow bank. My irony of the situation is that I've paid for the new tires and I get them installed thursday! Today's tuesday! I was going like 20 in all slush and i lost control. i was coming around a turn where there is a street that perpendicular goes to the right. luckily i started sliding and just kept it straight. i went over the curb and missed the stop sign. no other traffic! phew! i winded up stopping with my back wheels basically touching the curb with the front half of my car in some guys side yard. before i even got out some guy in a yukon truck said to hang tight he'd pull me out. well he strapped me and and yanked part of my bumper out... sigh... thank god i bought a body kit and have it sitting in my front room. I told him not to worry about it and this time i got under the car and hooked it to the axle rod.. or whatever that rod is that goes to the tires... he slowly pulled me out. As far as i can tell the only damage is the back bumper. i believe everything else was smooth unless i bowed the fenders.. have to check that.. I lucked out... anyone want to buy a slightly umm modded back bumper? tongue.gif
Old 12-28-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Global Warming and Major Natural Disasters

UHM you know there is a front tow hook eh?
You might wanna check your axle now that you've used it to TOW with! :roll:
Old 12-28-2004, 05:24 PM

Default Re: i made it

yeah.. i know there's a front and a back tow hook. but the front was buried in about 4 feet of snow from about the tires forward. He didn't have any hooks on his tow line, so i just wrapped it around the rod as best as i could and told him go slow! I'm 100% positive nothing happened to my axle. However whatever he decided to wrap around on my bumper was not good for my car. I'm not at all worried about it.. I just can't wait for thursday...