Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

I need snow tires!

Old 12-22-2004, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Grounding Points

I have regular all season tires on my 2000 tiburon right now, and they have been on for about 6 months. Now its snowing and my car won't stay put on a freakin inch of snow. I need to get snow tires or at least better tires so I can drive. I'm still using the stock 15" wheels, so if anyone has any insight to where to get good tires for snow, please post or email me! Thanks.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:08 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: My 99 Tiburon

tirerack.com will get you tires at a wholesale price.

most places that sell tires (sears, walmart, tire warehouse, "local tire place") have winter tires.

some favorites are Michelin Arctic Alpin. they tend to be pricey. the Bridgestone Blizzak is raved upon.

there are many other brands, but those are a couple.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Winter Wonderland pics

I think I'm going to be going with the Bridgestone Blizzaks LM-22 from tirerack.com. If anyone has a bad review of these tires or suggests something else please let me know. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Re: I need snow tires!

Michelin X-Ice!
Or if you can still get, Michelin Artic Alpins. Which the X-Ice replaced.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:19 PM

Default Re: 97 & 99 Tiburon part out

screw snow tires.. after the blizzard we had i need 4x4 and a bigass plow
Old 12-23-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: My ride - '01 Tiburon

yeah i'm sitting in dayton locked in with the highway on the backside of my house. the traffic on the backside of me literally has not moved since 10 last night. I can't even imagine sitting there for that long. it makes me hungry... tongue.gif
Old 12-26-2004, 07:33 AM

Default Re: parada spec 2, or other uhp tire

Get a set of pirelli winter carving. They are awsome. They are very good in snow/ice conditions. They are studdable if you want to :twisted: . I have them and they are very good. It's the first winter tire that lasted me 2 winters, they usually are done after one. If there is not that much snow in your area, tou can get a set of Cresta Maloya 220, very good tire for little winters at a very good price. They are made by Vredestein.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Solo Loses It Part 1

Well usually I don't have much snow here, I mean about 6 to 12 inches is the maximum for the year. But we just got blasted and a ten minute trip took me almost an hour to get home due to my car slipping everywhere. So I want to get winter tires, but I've never had winter tires before. The other reason I want to get winter tires is because I drive about an hour every other day to visit my girlfriend. Then on the weekends we drive about 4 hours to northern indiana. So I want something that will get me by safely. Will it matter if I drive winter tires for 4 hours on dry payment about two weekends out of the year? Thanks...
Old 12-26-2004, 12:01 PM

Default A lil hint for winter driving

QUOTE (iamsynthetic)
Will it matter if I drive winter tires for 4 hours on dry payment about two weekends out of the year? Thanks...

Not so much
Most of the roads here are pretty clear most of the time, but when I hit back lanes and side streets that don't get plowed, that's when I'm glad I have snow tires.

Also like you say, when you get blasted by the unpredictable winter weather, you're not worried, if you're gonna make it home after work.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: What did everyone get from Santa?

ive been riding on the same 17 toyo tires for the last two winters. the tires are so bare, i barely stay on the road in the rain. this winter is going to be full of spinouts. cant wait laugh.gif