Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Suspension for Veilside Kit

Old 12-25-2004, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: how to take dash off???

This is mostly directed at Majiktib, since he is the premier Veilside owner. What have you done to your suspension or do you plan on doing with your suspension as far as daily driving to minimize scraping? Adjustable coilovers? What brand? Air Ride? Just curious to what your thoughts are, or anyone else that has any imput.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:33 AM

Default Re: auto tranny

I may be wrong, but I think Majiktib is on the stock suspension.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: A lil hint for winter driving

I have stock suspension. Well, stock springs and the NICE Monroe Sensa-Trac struts all around. That didn't change the ride height though.

You can't lower the car at all, it just won't work. Shannon (red VS in KY, she's at the top of the cardomain list) has coilovers and 18's. If you get coilovers, I'm just afraid you'll lose ride quality unless you're willing to shell out $1500 for them. With air ride, I have yet to install it because I don't know of any shops I would trust, and I have fear of having a bag bust or a strut snap while driving 70-90MPH down the interstate and hearing my front bumper shatter on the pavement. This happened to the yellow VS in TX (I think his name is Jason). He had air installed, and when a bag popped his front end smashed into the ground tearing it up. I think he spent near $4k for his air ride setup. I think he's friends with Guilty, he may know.

I would keep the factory suspension, but that's just me. My tib is my daily driver, so it has to be reliable (and air ride is NOT). I don't have the money to shell out at the drop of a hat if my air ride messes up 2 years down the road and I have to fix it. Air ride is awesome, but I don't know of any shops around Nashville that I would trust my car with.

Edit:
Shannon in KY with Coilovers:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/247967

USED to be Jason's in TX (I guess he sold it) with Air Ride:
http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp...?Profileid=6081
Old 12-27-2004, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: A lil hint for winter driving

stock suspension...and new springs

any lower and the shit will scrape concidering the roads around here
Old 12-27-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: NEW previously unreleased photo of Redz

actually.. judging by the picture of Majic's car.. if he were to lower it, the car would be illegal to drive in many states. Most laws state that the body of the car cannot heng down lower than the bottom of the rim. The thought here is that in case of a blow out, the rim will allow the car to come to a controlled halt, if it is the body on the ground, you not only stand a chance on leaving body parts behind, you might also loose control.

Besides with that kit... you do not need to lower it. If you want to show, you might want to install coil overs and drop it once it is on the carpet, but I would not drive it that way.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Solo

Is there anything you can do to raise the veilside kit? I'd prefer not to go with air or hydros.... Thanks. I have not installed it yet.. waiting on spring.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Custom RDTiburon Badges, VOTE HERE!

I'm not a suspension guy, like I've said, but wouldn't adjustable coilovers be able to raise the suspension a little?
Old 12-28-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Re: engine clearence

if properly installed, you should get both the ability to lower and raise the car with coil overs...
Now, if you are talking about raising the kit up some on the car body.. anything is possible if you have a talented enough bodyman and the dead green presidents to feed him.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: :split topic: DSM rant

I've seen a Veilside (fake) Tiburon with coilovers RAISED and it looks FREAKIN HORRIBLE!!! it's some canadian on CarDomain... go look for it if you want, but it's flat out nasty!!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: What NOT to do when pulled over

Better raised a few inches than ugly than scraping the ground with a 1700 dollar Veilside smile.gif