Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Eibach from ebay

Old 11-18-2004, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: FS: Custom COLORED Shift Boots!

I have in mind to look for a nice set of springs. The ebay eibach's I found were the only ones distributed on ebay for $184 for our RD Tiburons. They are a Prokit, set of four.

Link: Eibach Prokit Springs

My questions are: Would this be the best alternative to having a stiffer suspension, better handling, cornering, and acceleration? What kind of differences are we looking at?

Are these good quality, worth your money?

Would I have to worry about my aftermarket rim offset of 42? Would lowering the car change the offset and be risky?

And finally, a 1.2 inch drop. Our cars come low enough as they car, but would our cars, having a 1.2 inch drop, be vulnerable to bottoming out?

Thanks again!! laugh.gif
Old 11-18-2004, 09:34 PM

Default Re: 12psi Run Videos

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)
My questions are: Would this be the best alternative to having a stiffer suspension, better handling, cornering, and acceleration? What kind of differences are we looking at?

Yes, it's step 1, next is struts, because your OEM struts will have more wear and tear, and I would say last for about 6-8 more months, if you drive it hard like you would with springs.
Step 3 is the sway bars. I prefer Eibachs myself, but the Whitelines are OK.

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)
Are these good quality, worth your money?

Yes

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)
Would I have to worry about my aftermarket rim offset of 42? Would lowering the car change the offset and be risky?

You'll be fine with max 215/40R17's
Unless you go to 225's or more, like some crazy peeps, you'll be fine.

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)
And finally, a 1.2 inch drop. Our cars come low enough as they car, but would our cars, having a 1.2 inch drop, be vulnerable to bottoming out?

Thanks again!!

Pfft, OEMs are LOW!?
Are you kidding. I mean it doesn't have wheel gap like some 240's, but it is in no means low Stock.
Like I say, max 215/40R17's you'll be fine.
205/40R17 is very safe.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Custom Badge Design Contest *Ends 14 Sept*

Thanks KayJai!

Pfft, OEMs are LOW!?
Are you kidding. I mean it doesn't have wheel gap like some 240's, but it is in no means low Stock.

i agree... tiburons don't come as low as preludes or Z's. that's why i wanted more of a sporty feeling than the stock tibs come with. so there's three steps to the suspension eh? see, because i have two options. 1) go through the trouble of finding all of the extra gear, or, 2) swapping suspension with my dad's elantra. his are B+G springs but i'm afraid that they are too bouncy for me, too low (maybe a 2-2.5 inch drop) and they are corroding just a little bit.

SO, you cannot just slap some springs on your stock suspension... i think my dad's elantra has some springs but without any aftermarket struts 02.gif

where can you get good sway bars and struts from?
Old 11-19-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Re: GUYS I NEED YOUR INPUT. Help me stock Hyundai Products!

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)
SO, you cannot just slap some springs on your stock suspension... i think my dad's elantra has some springs but without any aftermarket struts

That might explain the bounciness
Well just think about it. OEM struts and springs have certain heights they go to. Your Aftermarkets springs have a certain height (length) they go to.
And if your springs are CONSTANTLY compressing your struts,... what do you think happens?

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)
where can you get good sway bars and struts from?

Speedstate.com has them. But do a search here or on the old forums, on Eibach and I think REDZ found a site for the entire pro kit for a hellava good deal. SPrings, struts and Sway bars.
After my suspension, I cannot drive a stock tib anymore.
lol.gif
Old 11-19-2004, 09:55 AM

Default Re: 315cc injectors

actually that was ultratibby.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...=viewtopic&t=39

Blacktibs also has access to Eibach and H&R. Email him and see what he can do for you.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 12psi Run Videos

Oh my bad smile.gif
But yeah, good deal
Old 11-19-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Re: www.arkspeedracing.com - ARK PERFORMANCE

I've had Eibach springs with stock struts for over 25,000 miles with no problems and I feel you'll like them. The ride is a little more stiff..but nothing drastic. The fender dosn't rub either unless you hit a big pot hole or something. Go ahead and get it. You'll enjoy it better on the curves.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:12 PM

Default Re: injectors...

my eibach springs are on ebay right now.
and in the for sale section here
Old 11-19-2004, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe
Default Re: KSPEC ENGINE MOUNT BUSHING

I've got a 35mm (roughly 1.4") drop with my springs & it's made a huge difference to the handling, even with the stock struts... Much less body roll around corners & the car doesn't baulk (pitch) as much when accelerating & braking. I've also got 8mm wheel spacers on all 4 corners, with stock 15" rims & stock size (in Oz anyway) 205/50-R15 tyres & there's no rubbing, except the odd scrape when turning hard while braking.

Then I went out & got a rear 20mm solid sway bar & that helped heaps too... The steering is much more direct!

Then I got a front strut brace... but honestly, if it's made any difference at all, I can't tell :roll: But it looks cool! wink.gif
Old 11-19-2004, 11:06 PM

Default Re: GUYS I NEED YOUR INPUT. Help me stock Hyundai Products!

Speedstate.com has them. But do a search here or on the old forums, on Eibach and I think REDZ found a site for the entire pro kit for a hellava good deal. SPrings, struts and Sway bars.
After my suspension, I cannot drive a stock tib anymore.

thanks KayJai! and tibwrcsbj! thanks for the link. that is an incredible deal for the Pro-System KIT (...and thanks to ultratibby for the notice). i might just give them a call and order them from shox.com on Monday and ask for a discount. so the full Pro System KIT for $600 comes with struts and sway bars and dampers? my question is would i be fine just ordering the Pro System Kit ready to be swapped with the stock suspension? or is there more to this?

Cybershark,
The ride is a little more stiff..but nothing drastic.
that's precisely what i'm aiming for! i don't want softer setup because the car would bottom out. thanks for the input! it sounds exactly what i need.

canadianshark74, i think i'm going to get the full kit because i need the struts and swaybars, w/ hardware, now that i have learned that you cannot just swap the springs. if i find another solution, i will contact you and thanks for the heads up!

OzFxCoupe, you're lucky to be running spacers. I wish i had some but my area would make them disinigrate! lol. it sounds like it improves just about everything! does it also improve stopping distance? what about in the rain?