Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   Eibach from ebay (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/eibach-ebay-22348/)

HyundaiKitCoupe 11-18-2004 08:47 PM

Re: FS: Custom COLORED Shift Boots!

I have in mind to look for a nice set of springs. The ebay eibach's I found were the only ones distributed on ebay for $184 for our RD Tiburons. They are a Prokit, set of four.

Link: Eibach Prokit Springs

My questions are: Would this be the best alternative to having a stiffer suspension, better handling, cornering, and acceleration? What kind of differences are we looking at?

Are these good quality, worth your money?

Would I have to worry about my aftermarket rim offset of 42? Would lowering the car change the offset and be risky?

And finally, a 1.2 inch drop. Our cars come low enough as they car, but would our cars, having a 1.2 inch drop, be vulnerable to bottoming out?

Thanks again!! laugh.gif

KayJai 11-18-2004 09:34 PM

Re: 12psi Run Videos

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>My questions are: Would this be the best alternative to having a stiffer suspension, better handling, cornering, and acceleration? What kind of differences are we looking at?</div>

Yes, it's step 1, next is struts, because your OEM struts will have more wear and tear, and I would say last for about 6-8 more months, if you drive it hard like you would with springs.
Step 3 is the sway bars. I prefer Eibachs myself, but the Whitelines are OK.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are these good quality, worth your money?</div>
Yes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Would I have to worry about my aftermarket rim offset of 42? Would lowering the car change the offset and be risky?</div>

You'll be fine with max 215/40R17's
Unless you go to 225's or more, like some crazy peeps, you'll be fine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>And finally, a 1.2 inch drop. Our cars come low enough as they car, but would our cars, having a 1.2 inch drop, be vulnerable to bottoming out?

Thanks again!! :D</div>

Pfft, OEMs are LOW!?
Are you kidding. I mean it doesn't have wheel gap like some 240's, but it is in no means low Stock.
Like I say, max 215/40R17's you'll be fine.
205/40R17 is very safe.

HyundaiKitCoupe 11-18-2004 10:02 PM

Re: Custom Badge Design Contest *Ends 14 Sept*

Thanks KayJai!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Pfft, OEMs are LOW!?
Are you kidding. I mean it doesn't have wheel gap like some 240's, but it is in no means low Stock.</div>

i agree... tiburons don't come as low as preludes or Z's. that's why i wanted more of a sporty feeling than the stock tibs come with. so there's three steps to the suspension eh? see, because i have two options. 1) go through the trouble of finding all of the extra gear, or, 2) swapping suspension with my dad's elantra. his are B+G springs but i'm afraid that they are too bouncy for me, too low (maybe a 2-2.5 inch drop) and they are corroding just a little bit.

SO, you cannot just slap some springs on your stock suspension... i think my dad's elantra has some springs but without any aftermarket struts 02.gif

where can you get good sway bars and struts from?

KayJai 11-19-2004 09:43 AM

Re: GUYS I NEED YOUR INPUT. Help me stock Hyundai Products!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>SO, you cannot just slap some springs on your stock suspension... i think my dad's elantra has some springs but without any aftermarket struts :( </div>

That might explain the bounciness
Well just think about it. OEM struts and springs have certain heights they go to. Your Aftermarkets springs have a certain height (length) they go to.
And if your springs are CONSTANTLY compressing your struts,... what do you think happens?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>where can you get good sway bars and struts from?</div>

Speedstate.com has them. But do a search here or on the old forums, on Eibach and I think REDZ found a site for the entire pro kit for a hellava good deal. SPrings, struts and Sway bars.
After my suspension, I cannot drive a stock tib anymore.
lol.gif

tibwrcsbj 11-19-2004 09:55 AM

Re: 315cc injectors

actually that was ultratibby.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...=viewtopic&t=39

Blacktibs also has access to Eibach and H&R. Email him and see what he can do for you.

KayJai 11-19-2004 10:31 AM

Re: 12psi Run Videos

Oh my bad smile.gif
But yeah, good deal

CyberShark 11-19-2004 12:08 PM

Re: www.arkspeedracing.com - ARK PERFORMANCE

I've had Eibach springs with stock struts for over 25,000 miles with no problems and I feel you'll like them. The ride is a little more stiff..but nothing drastic. The fender dosn't rub either unless you hit a big pot hole or something. Go ahead and get it. You'll enjoy it better on the curves.

canadianshark74 11-19-2004 01:12 PM

Re: injectors...

my eibach springs are on ebay right now.
and in the for sale section here

OzFxCoupe 11-19-2004 06:25 PM

Re: KSPEC ENGINE MOUNT BUSHING

I've got a 35mm (roughly 1.4") drop with my springs & it's made a huge difference to the handling, even with the stock struts... Much less body roll around corners & the car doesn't baulk (pitch) as much when accelerating & braking. I've also got 8mm wheel spacers on all 4 corners, with stock 15" rims & stock size (in Oz anyway) 205/50-R15 tyres & there's no rubbing, except the odd scrape when turning hard while braking.

Then I went out & got a rear 20mm solid sway bar & that helped heaps too... The steering is much more direct!

Then I got a front strut brace... but honestly, if it's made any difference at all, I can't tell :roll: But it looks cool! wink.gif

HyundaiKitCoupe 11-19-2004 11:06 PM

Re: GUYS I NEED YOUR INPUT. Help me stock Hyundai Products!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Speedstate.com has them. But do a search here or on the old forums, on Eibach and I think REDZ found a site for the entire pro kit for a hellava good deal. SPrings, struts and Sway bars.
After my suspension, I cannot drive a stock tib anymore.</div>

thanks KayJai! and tibwrcsbj! thanks for the link. that is an incredible deal for the Pro-System KIT (...and thanks to ultratibby for the notice). i might just give them a call and order them from shox.com on Monday and ask for a discount. so the full Pro System KIT for $600 comes with struts and sway bars and dampers? my question is would i be fine just ordering the Pro System Kit ready to be swapped with the stock suspension? or is there more to this?

Cybershark, <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The ride is a little more stiff..but nothing drastic.</div> that's precisely what i'm aiming for! i don't want softer setup because the car would bottom out. thanks for the input! it sounds exactly what i need.

canadianshark74, i think i'm going to get the full kit because i need the struts and swaybars, w/ hardware, now that i have learned that you cannot just swap the springs. if i find another solution, i will contact you and thanks for the heads up!

OzFxCoupe, you're lucky to be running spacers. I wish i had some but my area would make them disinigrate! lol. it sounds like it improves just about everything! does it also improve stopping distance? what about in the rain?