Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

busted GB brake line once again

Old 01-24-2005, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the threads were fine..

they were just not crimped right..

I also noticed that their was brake line fluid between the plastic tubing and the steel braided line
Old 01-24-2005, 12:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I hate to hear that, and I mean REALLY HATE to hear that.
After I had mine installed, and this became an issue I've been super paranoid about mine too. When I leave work, I back the car up and go look where it was parked for any signs of blue fluid (yep - I've got BLUE brake fluid!).
Sux that I don't have a place to check mine either. No garage, no carport. . . just a cold arse parking lot.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

That sucks mang. Did you contact Raymond?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

man oh man.... I'm so glad I haven't bought brake lines yet. This whole fiasco has turned out to be a horrible incident. I hope everybody checks their brake lines very often to make sure nothing like this happens. When it comes to brakes, you CAN'T go the cheap route. Your life may depend on it. worried.gif
Old 01-25-2005, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

glad you are alright jaws.

thank god we got four brakes instead of two. i found out that my garage totally replaced my ss brake line when they changed the caliper. ($300 down the shoot) so it must have been the line!

i didn't have any time to notice that the line was gone until now. i was pissed for about a half hour... but then figured there must have been something wrong with the braided line or else he wouldn't have ever replaced it when my caliper went bad. also, the man who did my work knew about the ss braided lines. he wasn't the one to install them, but i had showed him them before...

next time i see my man i will ask about the missing line. either the magnum lines weren't all they seemed to be or we're just out of luck. my rear rotors are starting to warp like crazy. i knew i shouldn't have put everything on right before winter!
Old 01-25-2005, 12:10 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Anyone want to buy some SS brake lines? wink1.gif
Old 01-25-2005, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

lol that's funny. honestly i don't think those magnum lines were all that good quality. they reminded me of something i'd see off the shelves from a dollar store--i mean, i'm not saying they're bad or anything... i mean they're a simple thing like a pad is a simple thing. but i just couldn't be led to believe that steel braided lines wouldn't last longer than stock lines for chrissake...

java are you for real?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Brand new never installed. I really don't want to risk blowing one out.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:09 PM

Well, I'm glad mine are still sitting here on my office window sill.......instead of being under my car.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

when my line broke, im pretty sure it was because of the bracket wearing away at the line.

did you make sure the bolt that attaches the line to the caliper was torqued down right(18-22lb.ft.)? that has to be almost perfect, because there is a hole in the bolt that has to perfectly lined up with the hole at the end of the fitting. im sure that if the hole in the bolt is off from the hole in the fitting, it can cause a LOT of extra pressure on those lines, and the area where the fittings meet up with the lines will obviously be the spot to give first.

not saying its right these things are going by any means. with brakes, i would expect that even if the fluid was running to a dead end, the lines would hold up to whatever kind of pressure your foot could create. just saying this could help.