Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Your first vehicle

Old 02-21-2005, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

95 chevy lumina
Old 02-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

1990 Toyota Supra Turbo

I dont wanna think about it though, I WILL CRY. Best car ever.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

1989 Suzuki sidekick 4x4. Awesome vehicle. lol
Old 02-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Sparticus)
1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88. the thing was a BOAT. It was a total pimp car. bench seats. fuzzy dice in the mirror. bobbin' head dog. i named the car Stoobie. i loved that thing. small V8 (308 i believe). then, on the way to a Bon Jovi concert, the fvckin thing like blew up in traffic. it was horrible. concert was good though yup.gif

pimp?? no way!! I had a 1975 Cutlass Supreme, actually still have it. Great car. plus I put a awesome stereo in it. it had the 350 w/ a 4 barrell in it, pretty quick but quite the gas hog. about 8 mpg. laugh.gif:
Old 02-21-2005, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

1998 GSX... still have it, and its still my fastest car. tongue.gif I paid 3k for it, my parents paid 3k for it from my cousin I didn't even know or something. Bought the 'Vette a few months later, then bought the Tib 8 months or so later as a daily driver since the GSX was getting to the non daily-driver status. There's my car history. tongue.gif
Old 02-21-2005, 04:21 PM

my first car was a black and beige 1974 Superbeetle. I bought it for next to nothing without an engine. My father and I built a type4 porsche engine (4 cylinder air cooled) from a 914 and shoved it in the back. As they did not have fan kits back then, I had to cut the sheet metal below the engine lid and behind the bumper off of the car to fit the crank mounted cooling fan and shroud.

The engine itself was an overbored 2.3 liter (2.0 with 103mm cylinders) with dual 40 webbers, and a 300degree cam... it idled like a harley and had enough torque to rock the car when you revved it. It could also smoke the wheels through three of the four gears.

Unfortunatly the car was overengined and underbraked and suspeneded. The Brakes (drums all around) were good for ONE hard stop and the suspension was twitchy enough with all the power that keeping the rear end of the car following the front was often a chore.. but it was a fun little car, taught me a LOT about car control.

It also used to spit flame out the exhaust AND out the carbs thanks to the big lumpy cam.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

^^HA! That's the best first car ever Mad!
got any pictures?

QUOTE (UltraTibby)
My first car was a 91 Geo Storm 5 spd. Was actually a pretty fast little car. Hit 100mph in it and thought the car was going to float off of the road.

You hit 100 in a Geo!!
My second car was a Ford Aspire (similar to Geo's, they have the same chassis as the Focus) and it topped out at 93 (that's downhill while tailing someone to reduce drag!) LOL
It was fun to drift (more like powersliding) around corners at 50mph with the ebrake though. I don't think my dad appreciated me ruining his e-brake and unevenly wearing out his tires but.....
Old 02-21-2005, 05:30 PM

My first vehicle was a Chevy S10 pickup..I had so much fun in that little buggar playing mailbox baseball, running over people's yards, filling my truck bed full of friends drinking at the beach...it was great. I would later own a 5.0 Mustand LX, B4C 25th Anniversary Z28 (one of the very rare B4C packages to be released as a Z28..there wern't supposed to be any Z28's released with this package but the dealership varified that I had one..less then a couple of hundred estimated) a BMW 3series and my Tiburon but I'll never forget my little truck that I had in highschool.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:31 PM

My first car was a 1969 Roadrunner 440 4 speed, I started biulding the car when I was 15 and finished it at 17, it was all original and all the #'s matched. It turned out that it was to much car for me at the time, it had no power brakes and no power steering and it was fast, I only weighed 125lbs and I could barley get the clutch down so I ended up selling it and getting enough money to buy a brand new 92 mustang 5.0 5 speed lx.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:12 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

funny litto topic. family's been with nothing but hyundai since '86 with the excel/pony 4 door. but in europe we started off with Zastava. Very pretty car. Couldn't go backwards.

our next car was a Polish Fiat 126p Maluch in europe. very reliable car. It was from the year 85' lasted all the way through two owners '95 when we sold it (problem free) . It's like 50hp and three men can pick it up. We hated to trade that for a Fiat Cinquicento 500 Which we traded for a SEAT Cordoba SE Great car!! Very nice indeed. Perfect... The Cordoba WRC looks mean!! ... It's Spanish VW in Europe. Very neat cars... look like BMW's these days.

Went through:
'86 Excel 4dr
'92 Excel 2dr
'96 Elantra Wagon
'00 Elantra Wagon
'98 Tiburon FX
'97 Tiburon FX
'00 Tiburon

And for the Finale, my very first car was the one bought for me as soon as I got my license, the 1997 Tiburon FX... with all options possible. And yes, I still have it and still love it.

i refuse to buy any other car besides tiburons now. i also refuseto buy any newer SEATs because the styling back in the day was just everlasting, just like our Tiburons are everlasting. Let's hope they keep it up. Myself, I wouldn't ever never settle for any other car.