Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Your first vehicle

Old 02-21-2005, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated
Default Your first vehicle

^^What was it?

Mine was a Ford Taurus Wagon (no idea on the year but it was old).
I had a friend drive me from Renton to Tacoma to pick it up for 200 bucks.
Paid cash, got in and drove her home. It was an auto (didn't know how to drive stick at the time......by the way I was 15 years old, LOL).

No license
No Insurance
No title
Bad tabs
=
Not good!

While on the freeway driving her back to Renton the rear passenger-side door flies open and flaps in the wind! I pull over and tie the seatbelt to the inside door handle......problem solved!

I drive her around everywhere for two months (charging friends for gas money) and luckily never got pulled over! (NOw that I lok back it was the stupidest thing I've ever done, Hindsight is always 20/20!)
Then one day there was a student driver car in front of me...
Of course my "friends" are like "let's f*ck with him dude!" so I cross the double-yellow and pull up side-by-side, we throw stuff at him and make faces then I floor it up the hill past him! As I'm doing 55mph up the hill my hood flies up and hits my windshield, so I peek through the crack at the bottom of the windshield and pull over (Karma's a biatch!)
We tie her done with a shoelace and get her home to get some bungee cord

Two weeks later, same thing happens! (Karma x2) and now my windshield is fuuucked up! can't even see outta it! So we break out the windshield completely and take her off-roadin back in her hometown of Tacoma.

Best 200 bucks I ever spent! Dad still thinks I took out the 200 hundred to lend to a friend (it was fun tryin to raise up that 200 bucks again though...)
She now lay in her deathbed somewhere in the woods of Tacoma.....
R.I.P.

Post here bout your first car (doesn't have to be a huge story like mine!):
Old 02-21-2005, 01:57 PM

Mine was a 1989 hand-me-down from my sister Ford Tempo. I'm not exactly a short guy, and this car was just tiny. To sit in it I had to have the seat folded back all the way so i could arch my back enough to have my head straight (even though it was still pinned to the roof). It shook when accelerating beyond 40mph to the point that you had to wait for the POS auto tranny to catch up and shift. Well, the first time it was taken out, the entire exhaust decided to fall off and drag behing me for a mile or so til I could pull over and pin the end where the cat used to be attached in the trunk since the other end was still attached. Needless to say, I got rid of it as soon as possible...
Old 02-21-2005, 01:58 PM

My first car was a 91 Geo Storm 5 spd. Was actually a pretty fast little car. Hit 100mph in it and thought the car was going to float off of the road. Damn that thing was light lol. Any way I bought it for $1800 after working at McDonalds for a year. Oh what fun that was....... Anyway I had just turned 16 and I guess a car was a car then. Anyway since then I have owned a Jetta, S10 Sport, some ford station wagon, and a Daewoo Nubria. No I didnt total any of them, just got bored and needed a change.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:00 PM

Mine was the best. 1986 Ford Aerostar minivan. It was tan in color and had stripes on the side that were dark brown. Only am/fm radio. No power anything, and it lasted about 4 months.

Top Speed - 65
Old 02-21-2005, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

85 honda accord, with a sound system worth more than the car.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:02 PM

86 Acura Integra RS 5 door Hatch, top speed reached ~140mph.

Given to me at ~99k, O-rings blew at 150k. Got rid of it then.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:06 PM

1996 Cavalier
Old 02-21-2005, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88. the thing was a BOAT. It was a total pimp car. bench seats. fuzzy dice in the mirror. bobbin' head dog. i named the car Stoobie. i loved that thing. small V8 (308 i believe). then, on the way to a Bon Jovi concert, the fvckin thing like blew up in traffic. it was horrible. concert was good though yup.gif
Old 02-21-2005, 03:03 PM

red 1991 Hyundai Excel 4 door (the ones with the trunk wink1.gif )
she was a slow people pusher, but it taught me a little something about Hyundai's... thats why I bought my tib. She faceplanted into a GMC 2500HD who slammed on his brakes in front of me. Hood was screwed, the radiator had a crack. So we bought one of those throw away torches, and melted a coke bottle onto the top of the radiator, it worked ok, there was only 1 pinhole where the fluid fizzed out of. We took the hood off and put it on the lawn upside down, jumped on it for a few minutes, and put it back into shape. put it back on and drove it for 5 weeks until i bought my tib.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Sparticus)
1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88. the thing was a BOAT. It was a total pimp car. bench seats. fuzzy dice in the mirror. bobbin' head dog.

I hear ya!

1988 Caprice Classic w/ a 305 and fuzzy dice.

It was silver w/ a gray soft top. I was in autobody class and towards the end of the semester, I realized that I hadn't done anything for a grade. I decided to paint it. I painted the thing red and left the top grey. It looked like a friggn' fire truck coming at you. Got rid of it not long after graduation.