Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Toyota Celica

Old 05-12-2005, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you should go for the celica with high mileage like that...but just my opinion.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:03 PM

I agree, the Celica has way too many miles. Why don't you just keep both?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That car has about 25,000 miles left before it blows... 175,000 miles is way too much, and considering the owner couldn't afford to pay for necessary maintenence, he probably never bothered with it before either, until the car just couldn't run anymore.

The Celica is like the Tib, pretty aggressive gearing and a short 5th gear. Its probably spent 80% of its life above 3000RPM. You can't expect a motor like that to last as long as say, a Prelude where they are extremely long geared. Thats a reason why Hondas last so long.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well both cars are going to stay, it just depends on who's going to take it, my dad or me. The tib is good, low mileage, warranty, etc. but its an automatic, is considered a lemon after going through everything, and has to have a hidden problem if I'm the fifth or sixth owner of it. i'd make the Tibby beautiful but I don't know if it's worth it.

The celica with that much mileage is really a beater car. Does great gas mileage though, and if rpm's are kept below 3k (when my dad drives it he keeps them below 3) it does great gas mileage. I know aftermarket support on it is almost nonexistant unless I do an engine swap. The celica is just so tempting though..if I took it I'd have a 5 speed..finally; but I know that shouldn't be the only reason to take it.

It's a tough deal. 02.gif
Old 05-12-2005, 07:57 PM

I like that gen celica...I'd trade my tib for it if it were newer with less km's...
Old 05-12-2005, 08:24 PM

Keep the Tib
[/QUOTE]I'm the fifth or sixth owner of it[/QUOTE]
makes u feel better im the 4th owner of my car and she only had 17k when i bought her.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:48 PM

It always catches my eye when one of those celicas is coming the other way. It is definately the RD2-like headlights.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Celica GT-4's were tight WRC cars. My favorites were the 1993-1994.

I still say keep the Tiburon. Tiburons are sexy.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

u already know my postion on this but ill say it anyway

SHEshould stay w. the tib because:

tib sexyness > celica sexyness (u should do a side by side pic of the two)

although i know uve had your problems with the tib, i honestly feel that your in the clear with it; now your going from a younger car with a few problems to a way older car thats going to have more problems with more costly repairs. your tibs problems have been (for the most part) outside of the enige-bay, when the celica breaks down its going to be something with the engine...

u suck at stick :-D (u better practice more w. the celica before u touch my tib btw)

ur in jersey so the stick would do you more harm than good, (traffic), fredonia is what like 2.5 times smaller than your city right? it is sometimes a pain in the ass for me with my 5-speed... and u dont do well in traffic anyway, id hate to see your road rage in rush hour with a stick :-D

u will feel much more at home at tibfest with a tib

when we go to the track i know how much improvement my mods have given me over stock lol

ill kick ur ass if u get rid of the tibby :-P
Old 05-13-2005, 02:42 AM

Wow, that Celica looks GOOD for being about 11 years old [especially in north Jersey, hahaha]. Don't worry, my Tib's automatic too. That doesn't change its performance though. A car's performance is in the hands of the DRIVER. I don't care if you got thousands of dollars worth of tuning. If you can't drive it to the fullest extent, then there's no point. I have really no tuning or "ricing" done to my Tib, and it runs wonderfully [also outraces some of the crap cars that people show off too]. Let's not forget that driving in traffic [in NJ of ALL places] with a stick is a pain in the ASS.