Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/automotive-news-other-vehicle-discussions-20/)
-   -   Should I get a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/automotive-news-other-vehicle-discussions-20/should-i-get-2005-pontiac-grand-prix-gtp-26531/)

Kit-Fox 02-16-2005 03:06 PM

Should I get a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP?

Basicaly the title speaks for my question, i have the ability of getting a used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP fully loaded, its got only a few thousand miles. Navigation system, MP3, Supercharged, everything. I know its abig cow even bigger then the GK's but performance wise and luxury wise i think its better. Style wise and exotic wise, well, its uncomparable to the Tib, the Tib blows most cars away. I looked up forums for the Grind Prix's and they arnt as friendly as RD, but then again im not realy welcome here always sooo i highly doubt any other forums gonna want me so thats not as important. It only chugs 2MPG more so its not that bad. The price is between 10,000 and 14,000. Id have to sell the Tib first though, thats a big problem of mine, id put the price up as 7,000 but id sell it at like 6,300 at the least. Man the Grand Prix would be sweet. Whats your guys take on this?

jToIeB 02-16-2005 03:22 PM

In my opinion, the only Pontiac worth driving would be something along the lines of the trans am or formula 500...but that's just a preference thing I guess. All in all, it's nothing but preference and you should make the decision by whether or not YOU want it, not whether someone else recommends it! Heck...why do you think people buy Hondas? Well...bad example, because NOBODY can understand Honda customers, but people buy cars that you don't like because they like them, so it all just comes down to what you like...

Mad-Machine 02-16-2005 03:55 PM

I do not know Kit... it seems to me you enjoy using (and abusing) your tib... while the GTP might have more power and sip only a little more gas.. it is not going to handle as well... however, it is a newer car, so it might last longer than your tib is going to.

This is your decision... what can you see yourself driving?

Kit-Fox 02-16-2005 04:00 PM

Honestly, id like the luxury interior and technolagy and heads up desplay and MP3 navigation system and the engine in a tib while keeping the weight, i know, its not happening. How much handeling do u think im gonna lose on the GTP? Dont get me wrong i love the tib, its the nicest car ive ever seen, nicer then Ferrari's and Masseratis to me (not counting the Lotus Elise) but for resale reasons i need to get rid of it, the tibs got 68 thousand miles on it, and its a 2000, i need to get a newer car, i wish i could keep the Tib forever, but its gonna start giving me shit (wahoo AWS finaly freedom) soon, soo i think its time for it to go slowly, do you guys think the price im wanting for it is too high?

hamhead 02-16-2005 04:06 PM

I doubt the GTP is going to get 2mpg less than the Tib the way you drive... tongue.gif Whatever you think man, your call. They both decent cars.

iamcyclopseatme 02-16-2005 04:15 PM

If you find an 05 GTP for 14k with all the features you say, you must have a friend.. They are worth around 26k or so..

I have an 02 GP (non supercharged v6).. 3700 lbs, its a big car and a big adjustment, but performance wise theres no comparison.. You can get gtps running low 13s with very little money (compared to a tib).. You can get GT's running 12's with a turbo kit..

Kit-Fox 02-16-2005 04:36 PM

Ya your right about the price, its a rebuilt car, the back rear fender was shaken up and thats it, no alterations to suspension or anything, so its in mint condition, my mechanic is selling it, my family has bought about 19 or so cars from him the past 12 years, we get realy good deals, we got a 2003 Ford Taurus brand new (also rebuilt) for 10,000$ right when they came out it only had about 5000 miles, we have a 2004 Explorer Sport for 13,000, all these cars are in excelent mint condition, just with a salvage title, sooo i know the cars in great shape, and ya its about what 1200lb.s more then a tib so even with that its got better stock times then the Tib, and you guys know that im more into rally driving and drifting and stuff so u guys know id prefer the tib for its handeling and all but, i need more power and speed also though, im not gonna be able to do the stuff i am in the tib, well, ill still probably be able to do it, just alot harder. The tib is a great car for the type of driving i do onroad and soft offroad and stunts. And ya it does have all features, as i said, fully loaded with everything, coolest thing the Pontiacs have (like my old Boneville) that other cars shoudl use more often are the HUD (heads up display) it shows up on the windshield so u dont have to look down. I can use the SVT for a time if im able to sell the Tib, but the moment i sell it i can get the GTP so theres no problem in not having a car for some time, i just need to get rid of the Tib somehow for 6,500$. Im gonna put the Tib in some parking lot over the weekend at some busy overcrowded mall in one of the handicap spots (lol i have one of those little hanging things handicapped people have muahaha, im not handicaped though lol, srry to all people who use that and to all pregnant women lol) Anyway i could just use the Mustang over the weekends and hope someone goes for it, its bright red and flashy so maybe it will sell. I also gotta get rid of the stock rims. And the clanging in my rear suspension from all the backwords agresive driving and rear stunts.

CyberShark 02-16-2005 04:43 PM

That's not a bad price for a GTP. They're two totally different cars desighned for two totally different segments of the population...like comparing apples and oranges. The GTP is a large car with some power to it as well as being a demostic which allows you certain advantages in locating car parts, aftermarket or otherwise. The Tib is a small, nimble car with not as much power, but is more economical. A big difference maybe with the insurance..I'm sure the GTP will be more expensive to insure due to the power ratings especially if you have a bad driving record.

Kit-Fox 02-16-2005 04:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's not a bad price for a GTP. They're two totally different cars desighned for two totally different segments of the population...like comparing apples and oranges. The GTP is a large car with some power to it as well as being a demostic which allows you certain advantages in locating car parts, aftermarket or otherwise. The Tib is a small, nimble car with not as much power, but is more economical. A big difference maybe with the insurance..I'm sure the GTP will be more expensive to insure due to the power ratings especially if you have a bad driving record.</div>

I got a good record, no official accidents or any tickets. any clue on how much id pay for it? i know i pay about $623 every 6 months for insurance now, im 16 and im a good student discount, and i got most of the discounts for the car -red and my magical ABS lol, if ut ell your insurance u have ABS its about a 65$ diferance and they have it in their books that its a possible choice sooo, i recomend that. The GTP i have to checkout the car again, i wonder if it has Triptronic? i know its got traction control and abs's and all that stuff though, i hope the ABS is controlable on/off cuz i hate ABS when i try to do stunts and hardcore driving.

OdessitPashka 02-16-2005 07:14 PM

I think you should buy it so we won't be terrorized by your stupidness smile.gif JK man

It's up to you weather you want luxury over driving a small economical car smile.gif