Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtd: Rd1 Hood Asap

Old 06-23-2006, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to 5 junkyards in the past 2 weeks and still no Rd1 hoods around my parts, most of the cars have been in front end collisions or hoods are missing. I would really like a blue hood since my car is blue but the chances are slim but I would take a carbon fiber hood or a fiberglass hood if they are in good shape. I would just buy a new one from Flyrydes but I don't have that kind of money right now. Let me know who can help me out!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I hate to tell ya but get in line. Especially if your in chicago. A guy screwdrivers in the same boat and been looking for a few months now. I used to live downtown chicago myself but moved to texas and now back in IL but in the burbs bout 25min away off of 55. I've searched myself but had to tell ya IL is scarce when it comes to the tibs. You can tend to find parts from the old RD1 elantras engines that will drop right into out cars but when it comes to body pieces your about shit outta luck. Continue your search and good luck. Honestly best bet would be to go with flyryde and a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood. Then there is always ebay, look for the guy who makes the scooted hood, he makes other hoods and stock fiberglass ones too. Probably not as good quality as fly's but if your hurting on cash it will be a little easier on the wallet.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

go with FlyRyde man, seriously Chris is a good guy he'll hook you up. There are MULTIPLE sponsors on this site who have their own individual promotional codes (which i have yet to get) which get people like you who know US a lil' bit of a discount..

think about it, the price you're gonna pay for a used (good luck finding the same color hood too) hood that would have to be shipped, mailed, driven, or otherwise transported to somewhere near you + the cost of the hood and paint itself is gonna amount to albeit less than, but close to the price of a fiberglass FlyRyde hood. Chris @ FlyRyde has the fitment down PERFECT for the rd1 hoods, I'm saying this from personal experience.

FlyRyde ships to your door, plus your car will look better. Really...
When i installed my CF evo hood the amount of ass I was getting doubled in the first week. It was amazing.
wink1.gif

i'm not trying to be a salesman, just looking at the situation as if I were in your shoes and being somewhat of a realist. It's a good option you ought to consider.
cool.gif

www.flyryde.com
Old 06-23-2006, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Dude, the codes were in thos packages that Silent Secret gave us at Nopi.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:42 AM

Am I allowed to get in on the codes or not from either Redzman or Patreezy???
Old 06-24-2006, 12:04 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

yeah but I need contacts peoplez! I need them back so I can punch in your codes into the system and send you the file to print your own labels up. God knows I'm not slapping on 15,000 code labels. lol.