Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Attn: Junk Yard Dogs Wtb: Cop's

Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am insearch of sets of coil on plugs for the COP conversion for the beta motor. I am a fairly keen "shiny thing" hunter in the junk yards, but these seem very hard to come by around here. I have heard stories of far more plentiful scrap yards in the US, unfortunatly im in Canada. So I am putting my request out to the car club, I need ignition coils, here is the best part, I have an RD1, an RD2 and a beta swapped X3 accent, thats 12 cops, plus a spare set to keep on the shelf totalling 16, and ofcourse the connectors and a chunk of wire harness to go with it. I would be alright if someone could only get 6 or 8, I could get the rest from another member. How much I am willing to pay would depend on what king of shape there in and what they come off of. Below I will give some examples of what cars have them, if you know of more cars that are more available please post them.

-most Ford v8's 2000 and newer, mustang, crown vic, vans, pickups,

-Chrysler v8's 2000 and newer, durango, dakota, ram, 300, magnum, charger,

-chrysler v6's, 2000 and newer, 3.0l, 3.3l, 3.5l, intrepid.

-chevy ecotec motor, some of the early cavaliers had the coil pack as one big unit, rather than individual coils for each cylinder which you will find on later models.

If anyone knows anything else I might need to know about the swap pm me or posted it here.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

And here I thought this was going to be a story of you having the Cops chase you into a junkyard and have the dobermans rip them apart... sad.gif
Old 03-07-2007, 06:02 PM

Vehicle: car

Toyota Celicas have them. 2000 +. 2000+crown vic, town car, grand marquis.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:58 PM

What would be even more convenient than someone finding me a pile of coils would be if someone knew of an older more common vehicle which used this type of ignition system, I am thinking that the intrepid 3.5l might have used it as far back as 98, im trying that next. I do understand that this is new technology and that it only really exist on late model vehicles, but i meant older late model vehicles, anything 2000 or newer in the wreckers around here probubly wont have any drivetrain in it, unless it was a cab, or a police car, or a courier vehicle, or set on fire....
Old 03-10-2007, 09:24 PM

How are you gonna fire the COP's, the stock ignition can't supply enough voltage, not even with the MSD, I tried it and it didn't work, it ran with the MSD but would break up anywhere after 3500 rpm, I used the COP's from a Dodge Durango and they fit well with some minor modifications but I could not find a way to get them to fire, COP's use small coils that require more power to fire.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

even if you are running standalone? I believe theres a member here whose running COP
Old 03-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Nex

there's abt 5 different yards around here, i'll keep a look out bro
Old 03-11-2007, 08:16 AM

excellent, finally i get a post that has some potential, I havent experimented yet im told you need to use an adapter which boost the signal and is reguired to run some aftermarket ignitions, but its a work in progress.

I didnt mean to turn this into a discussion peice on COP ignition, it just happened.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:51 AM

bump
Old 03-28-2007, 05:14 AM

newer mazda protege's are a 2.0 set up very close to ours, and have COP's stock. in other words that could be very easy to find in a junkyard, and possibly be a direct bolt on.