Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

VHR Throwout Bearing -need one ASAP EMERGENCY

Old 10-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Other forums

I have a VHR clutch kit on my 1.6 Verna nad my bearing is on the way out . i dont think have much time before it gies out completely and car becomes undrivable. Got the kit through group buy ehre not too long ago.

Plese tell me if i can order a bearing some sort of High performance or high durability bearing. i only have 6k on this bearing and this is just rediculous .

thanks
al
Old 10-17-2004, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Re: Airbag legality question?

are you sure its the bearing ???? what are the symptoms ???? have you taken off the tranny and checked things out ??? 6k is really ridiculous, maybe Id believe 15k, but 6 ??!!?? if it is bad, VHR may have problems selling in the future,

I only have about 4k on my VHR kit, no problems
Old 10-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Al

Default Re: VHR Throwout Bearing -need one ASAP EMERGENCY

thre is rattling/muffled knocking noise form teh transmission . once clutch is applied and there is pressure on the bearing it dissapears.

if there is no noise at all then all that's needed to make it come back is push clutch in .......let go and it MAY come back if it doesnt i do it again and usually after one try it comes back. also intensity may slightly change.

part of the bearing that touches the pressure plate apparently is loose sometimes from applying pressure on it and letting go it "straightens" it out and reduces the noise.

i had several people agree with me on this theory.

also i have another issue with my clutch .....well up untill i knowticed bearign taking a dump i thought it was a clutch but now i think it may be the bearing itself. here's what happens

occasionaly sofar only 6 times total in period of 2 weeks if clutch is slipped just right(about 60+% engaged) and rpm is at 2k+ there is a high pitched squesak from the drive train. kind of like brake pad wear indicator but louder.

ofcourse nothing is certain untill i get the trans down but that will not ahppen untill 30th when i am off . So for now i jsut want to have bearing on hand.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Weird Tire Wear

hey man sounds like u broke a spring on the disc me and loneshark are over here chillin and we was talking about it , but again u wont know till u drop the tranny .
Old 10-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Al

Default Re: What happened to KORE???

well if this is part of the clutch system would any of this stuff be covered by VHR......i mean i know this clutch is made for racing but braking a 300+ hp clutch on a 92whp engine in six 6 is f***ing nuts
Old 10-17-2004, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Anyone using 205/55/15's?

As I already PM'd to you about the sympton that I am not aware of, so I forwarded your mail to VHR to see their response.

Your assumption of VHR being bad at 6k won't help me make this faster reponse from Korea.

I can understand your frustration toward this....

I will be sending this web link to VHR now and hope to hear their response asap.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Potential tuning ECU swap for RD cars from REAL

VHR read the web link I send it, but he said it is very confusing about the problem ALEX post here.

Can you tell us in step by step of your problem?

1)
2) etc...

Otherwise, we won't know anything until you take them out and find out for yourself.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:40 AM

Default Re: VHR Throwout Bearing -need one ASAP EMERGENCY

QUOTE (Alex)
well if this is part of the clutch system would any of this stuff be covered by VHR......i mean i know this clutch is made for racing but braking a 300+ hp clutch on a 92whp engine in six 6 is f***ing nuts

None of the items we import from Korea is cover by VHR or RE especially wear and tear items.

Although VHR offers 1 year warranty in Korea domestically, the insurance company providing warranty in Korea do not allow oversea coverage.

I think VHR need to sell certain numbers per year to meet the criteria made by insurance company in regards to warranty coverage, and it will be including in each VHR kit for the price of insurance coverage for 1 year warranty.

Like what happens in Korea mentioned by VHR before..
"sometime the problem is not directly related to VHR products, it is easier to get blame for high performance products"

I can't really say anything more, since it all related to cost.

To my knowledge w/o concerning circumstantial, if you think anything wrong with the clutch itself, you should stop driving and take off the products to check immediately instead of driving and keep hearing problem grows.

If you find the probelm it related to manufacture defect after 6k of your driving, you should proof to us and make official complaint.

Show us the pictures here.

Complaint file to RE will be forward to VHR.

VHR and RE are open to anyones comment publically and can determine by judging from pictures.

Since you already made your own post here, please make follow up of your finding and post here.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:07 AM
Al

Default Re: Military roll call

ok thanks for your input.

unfortunately i wont be able to get everythign apart till 30th but now it does not seem to have any effect on drivabliity of the vehicle.

i still need to get new throwout bearing from you tho. when i take everythign down i want to have replacement clutch and bearing just in case.

Is bearing sold with VHR same as one at Hyundai dealers ?

in the end i want to have all nesessery parts to return drivetrain to factory condition so that i can take it to the dealer to replace the transmission if need be

as far as describing the problem here it is again hopefully it will be little better

1 muffled knocking sound from teh drivetrain .
2 when clutch is pressed in it goes away
3 sometimes if car is started and it completely silent to get noise back i need to press clutch in and knocking will return.
4 it works other way around if noise is present and i want to try to reduce it i press clutch in then let out and it will either reduce change in frequency or disspear. this task may need to be preformed couple of times.
4 i do not know if this is related to knocking bu t in past 2 weeks i heard very loud screeching sound from teh clutch when starting form a stand still. happend 7 times now
Old 10-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Al

Default Re: Finally picked a goal....

ok i just noticed that this only happens after i drive the car for a while.

it wont do this noise if i start it up in the morning.

and another thing. above i said that if noise is present i need to push the cluth few times and it will dissaper ....well it does not allways work but it works 9/10 times when i let it out very slowly.

i am starting to think that this noise may hvae been here for a while now because first time i heard it was right after i put CF hood(day or 2 after) on and since it's thinner it may not absorb noise as much(theory?). i even thought it was the hood vibrating at first.

anyone got any ideas if this is serious at all?