Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

spark plug wire set

Old 04-22-2004, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have heard that ngk make good wires for our cars
you can also check here
http://www.ngk.com

they only come in blue though
if you want other colors, u may try aurora (check above)
Old 04-23-2004, 08:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

OBX makes a set for the Beta in Red, Blue, and Yellow. Find an OBX distributor and call them. You'll get them MUCH cheaper than the websites advertised price.

http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance...D=3&subcatID=13

You want cheap in red, then get the OBX, but you get what you pay for. If you want high quality red, then get the Magnecor.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:14 AM

Mine are red, but you can get them in black as well. Don't bother with Magnecor's. The ones I got are just as good and much cheaper. I'm pretty sure Aurora offers a lifetime warranty as well. Just check out the site above.

There are, or at least used to be, a set of Magnecor's in blue, but they are 8mm wires, not 8.5mm wires (i.e. not "performance" wires). This probably wouldn't make much of a difference for a lightly modded car.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:45 AM

Yeah, those Aurora wires are $88.50 CAD, so they are only ~$65 USD. The checkout says it is only $5.00 CAD for shipping to the US, so that wouldn't be too bad, less than $70.00 USD. Maybe another group buy could be coming up...
Old 04-23-2004, 11:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

QUOTE (rockym20)
Don't bother with Magnecor's.

Ok. :roll:
Old 04-23-2004, 03:18 PM

I'm not saying Magnecor's are bad, far from it. I think they are excellent, but severly overpriced.

All I am saying is that when you can buy a product that is well made, is pretty much the same thing as the Magnecor's, and has a lifetime warranty, why spend a ton more money?

My experience with the Aurora wires has been very good.

I read a bit on both Magnecor's site and Aurora's. To me, Aurora comes across as more honest - it actually has a picture showing the construction of the wire, and in their FAQ they don't try to tell you that all other wires suck, just to take a look at the important features and make an informed decision. I couldn't find something similar on Magnecor. Magnecor keeps on talking about how everything sucks compared to their special core, without saying what it actually is. If it isn't a carbon core and it isn't a metal core, then what the hell is it? Water? I mean, come on, its not like there are all these different, alternative, cheap conductors of electricity.

Anyways, sorry to turn this into a rant. I just want to reiterate that I think Magnecor wires are excellent, just don't buy into the hype and pay a premium for it.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I feel the same way, why pay $125 or so for plug wires that will only increase performance by 1/10th of 1 percent?

Not worth it.

On the Aurora site, I couldn't find anything listing makes and models. How do you get wires made there?
Old 04-23-2004, 03:32 PM

Go to homepage, click catalog, then click the "Click here to view the Car/Truck Ignition Wire Set Catalog" link.
Then there is a column of manufacturers on the left, click on "Hyundai". It opens a pdf for Hyundai models.

http://www.auroraignitionwires.com/pdfs/Hyundai.pdf

Take the wire set number (95657) and put it in the box on the buy product page.

You can take it from there.

On a side note, Redz, should we move this out of the K-spec forum or close and start a new thread in the correct forum?