Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

SeoulfulRacing/SFR/kdmstuff.com

Old 01-18-2011, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Coupe (Ttiburon) 2.0 SE
Default SeoulfulRacing/SFR/kdmstuff.com

I post this with no great pleasure, but simply as a warning to others considering doing direct Internet business with SeoulfulRacing/kdmstuff.com, while offering some advice if you feel you must do business with them.

On 18 November 2010, I ordered and paid via PayPal for a 1.8/2.0 Beta Engine Oil Cap $39.00US, including p/p. One month later I emailed them to advise them it had still not arrived. I received no reply. At weekly intervals I sent similar emails, again no replies.

Finally I informed them that unless I heard from them, I would seek a full refund via the PayPal Resolution Centre and the PayPal Claims procedure.

Guess what? Neither I, nor PayPal ever received a single reply to our emails and messages. So today, 18 January 2011, PayPal refunded my payment by extracting $39.00US directly from the SeoulfulRacing/kdmstuff.com PayPal account.

Now the advice, SeoulfulRacing/kdmstuff.com operate on eBay as kdmguy with a SeoulfulRacing eBay shop. Interestingly, kdmguy has a 98.9% positive feedback from 3901 transactions. They have only 8 neutral and 5 negative feedbacks in the past 12 months, delivery issues and poor communication figuring high in those 13 non-positive comments.

The ability to comment publicly on their goods and service seems to have a salutary affect upon the service provided by SeoulfulRacing/kdmstuff.com. So if you must buy from them make sure you do it through kdmguy on eBay.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

There have been LOT of problems with their correspondance in the past. From the good experiences I have heard, it is variable experience. I have heard it has taken up to 3 months for orders to arrive. But I have heard many people satisfied. So it varies. More so than not, I would like a high confidence if ordering from them than a shot at my luck. Therefore I have not ordered again.

5 negative feedbacks in the last 12 months is not good enough for me!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm curious - what e-mail address were you contacting them at?

SFR is very active on some other forums. It's concerning that they never responded to any attempts to contact.

Thank you for posting your experience. I will ask SFR to stop by and give their side of the story - not because I doubt you, but they're a big player in the Hyundai community and everyone should have a chance to defend themselves.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

Did you try calling them?

I called when my parts didn't arrived and the gave my the status. It arrived as they told me.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I never had a problem with anything i received from them but it usually on the average took 5 weeks to get anything.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I bought 2 pairs of clear corners from them and both times they arrived in less than 2 weeks.

The address on the boxes were priceless! I've never seen a string of letters put together like that.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

eBay lesson #1: NEVER buy from a seller with <99% feedback. Ever.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 AM

Vehicle: 06 Tiburon

Mmmm... well it seems ive fallen for this one as well.

It appears I have lost almost $1550 to SFR.

I originally ordered some stuff from them on the 9th of december 2010 and paid almost $550 to have it shipped to my country via TNT before christmas. Well it is now the 19th of January and after many emails etc..... nothing.

Funny enough last year I ordered a number of items from Shark racing, no problem, infact I had my order shipped to me within 2 weeks. However after reading numerous posts regarding their service some people had recieved, I decided never to buy from them again but rather to buy from SFR insted.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Coupe (Ttiburon) 2.0 SE

All my emails to SeoulfulRacing concerning non-delivery of my item were sent to the address of the email I received with the heading "The Goods you ordered is delivering..." seoulfulracing@yahoo.com
Old 01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I contacted Jay from SFR to make him aware of the thread and give him an opportunity to defend his company.

Hey Jay,

I know you've been loyal to the community, and I know you did a lot for us on RDTiburon.com, so I wanted to make you aware of this thread so you could defend SFR.

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...sfrkdmstuffcom

It seems two separate members bought via eBay and never received parts. It's only fair that you have an opportunity to give your side of the story. We can't even be sure a transaction took place.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Brandon

Here is his response:

Thanks for the heads up

That's probably the same dude that is saying some BS on newtiburon.com

All details are there.. I don't go on that forum and if they have problem they should have contacted us directly

Thanks again!

Jed - I appreciate you bringing the situation to our attention. While he does have 98.9% positive feedback, it appears you fell into that 1.1%. Who knows what the purpose was - out of stock parts, too busy over the holidays/new year, or primary focus was on another product/model.