Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Moding turbo kit

Old 01-11-2003, 05:53 AM
Jon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moding turbo kit

Hi Ballrub could you please mail me with some info on the best way of upgrading the turbo setup i bought off yourselves as i plan on upping the power soon. I did recieve a mail a while ago from your guys that basically said we can sell you the parts to get more out of the setup but no details. I know i could crank up the boost but i dont know the turbos safe opperating limits etc, if you could just let me know what you can provide turbo upgrades etc then i can choose my route and plan my cash.

TIA Jon
Old 01-15-2003, 01:42 AM

Jon:

Sorry for the delay in replying, but we have just taken on the building next door (doubling our size), and are in the midst of hiring more people, and are getting our "house in order" right now. I won't bore you with the details, but we were down to two people here over the holidays, and we are now ready to throw ourselves into some major projects now WOT. Number one being the 2.0L Hyundai kits!

Now that the owner is back from S. Africa (as of yesterday), we are doing a major re-engineering of both the turbo and supercharger kits for the 2.0L, trying to simplify (and get rid of the Unichip!). We should have results before the end of this month, and will work with you on these upgrades.

Again, thanks for your continued support and PATIENCE, and will let you know as soon as we have anything concrete to pass on!

Steve wink

[ January 15, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: ballrub ]
Old 01-15-2003, 01:57 AM

Sorry for the delay in replying, but we have just taken on the building next door (doubling our size), and are in the midst of hiring more people
Hey I will need a Job in a yr and 1/2 smile.gif ..

LOL

Anyway I just wondered when the next availible date is to buy the V-6 SC..like the IR! tiburon had thanks and a price please smile.gif
Old 01-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Jon

Thanks for the info Ballrub and thanks for the hijack Spike wink

I take it that means that the upgrade that i was told could already be done has been taken off the market for the time being. The reason i ask is as i have a MAP system, after i got the tuning sorted, i dont have any probs with the kit im just after uprating the turbo etc so that i can get more power as for the retune i know i will have to get all this done again.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Jon

?
Old 01-24-2003, 02:32 AM

Jon:

Still working on several ideas in simplifying this kit, but no definitive solution yet, but are getting real close. As soon as we have some solid answers, will let you (and the rest of the forums) know about it...trust me!!!!!

Steve wink
Old 01-24-2003, 03:37 AM
Jon

OK fair enough but im not after simplifieing the kit as it works fine on a MAP system after a retune. To be honest for how small the turbo is it works very well. Im after a turbo upgrade, maybe an aqua cooler etc. The kit itself i want to keep im just after seeing what you can offer to get more horses. I could get a price in the UK i just want to see what you offer as there maybe others you do that bolt straight to your manifold and have the same sort of oil and water connections.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Jon

Ballrub any chance of an answer on this please. Im not after info on new kits problems you are working out etc, anything like that i will work out over here as i dont have any major problems as its a MAP system. Im just after Turbos that will flow more that will bolt upto the existing manifold, Aqua units etc. I have been told you do them already. Even if it is the same turbos etc i can get over here your prices including the shipping will probably be better as the UK is so expensive. So any prices on what you can provide would be great. Even if you mail me a list at kupsjon@hotmail.com

As i said tunning etc i can work out not a prob, also im not to worries if the fifth injector cant handle what you can provide as im looking at iether upsizing the stock ones or fitting a modiffied rail so that i can mount 2 injectors per cylinder.

Thanks Jon
Old 02-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Jon

?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:02 AM

First off, please accept my apologies for not replying in my normal timely manner. We have expanded our facilities and are re-organizing and getting our "house in order" while still trying to answer the hundreds of e-mail inquiries we're continually receiving daily.

We've been focusing on the "re-engineering" of this application here in the states for our ECU's, in hopes of simplifying, and making smog complient (CARB certification).

Alpine has traditionally NOT been in the business of offering "stage one"/"stage two" upgrades for their applications (since most of their applications are OE compliant), and especially offering "hybrid" bigger turbos (although that will change for the applications being offered in here in the states while I have anything to say about it).

Even if we completely change the kit here in the states (i.e. aqua-cooled, no fifth injector, and something else used in place of the Unichip), the kit you purchased, which is still being sold throughout the rest of the world (with nowhere near the problems encountered here in the states) will still be in production, and sold as is.

Whether these upgrades will be developed and offered for your version of this kit, only our S. African facility (the place where you purchased your kit) would be able to offer these upgrades, or advice on what components would work together to give you the increase in performance you are looking for.

Please e-mail my counterpart in S. Africa, Gavin O'Leary at: alpturbo@iafrica.com , and ask him what they can offer or suggest. I'm not trying to pass the buck, but our facility here in California is more concernced with getting these applications working right on vehicles here in this market and getting CARB certified, than trying to come up hybrid upgrades. I hope you understand where we're coming from, and think that Gavin might be able to help you.

Again, thanks for your continued interest and patience.

Steve suicide

[ February 18, 2003, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: ballrub ]