Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Maintec Gt Or System?

Old 12-22-2007, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, just a quick question...
Sometime next year I intend to buy some headers for my ride. Are those Maintec GT much better than the system's? They cost almost twice as much...do they give any noticeable power gains comparing with the ones from system?
Thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 08:20 AM

wait for the eaqual length header, they might be the best after testing for hp gains. but as it stands the gt header is the best looking lol. i have yet to see a dyno comparing headers
Old 12-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Banned

don't wait for the equal length header coming out.. since it will probably never actually come out. and if it does, there will be a slim chance of receiving it after you pay for it..

i don't think there have been dyno comparisons between maintec and GT headers. but you should get a real CAI anyway to get the most power out of your system first. lmao.gif

i would go with the system headers because they are siad to be great construction and the power difference couldn't really be that much more than 1-2hp i would think. and 1-2, even 3-4 more hp for 400$ more.... you do the math.. lmao.gif thats like 100-200$ per hp which is a very bad ratio.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:55 AM

Yeah, I guess system's are the best buy! Thanks for the tips guys!
As for the cat...do you recommend the hi flow cat from system?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

eh, i probably wouldn't bother with a high flow system unless you got cash to spend. if your looking for most power out of your system, go for it.. with a high flow cat it will be a little louder also, and more $$$.

just don't go with a test pipe or it will sound like shit.

get a CAI also if your looking for power. lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif
Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 AM

^^^ wow nice guy, way to make fun of him instead of just informing him. he said in the next year, so if he does wait a few months and they do come out then it was worth it, if they dont then he can just go with the system one.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:46 PM

offtopic.gif SOCKS, when are u gonna shut up about my induction system? I already know you despise it, do u really have to talk about it in every single reply you make?!? I get your point, you think it's crap, but just keep it to yourself, it's getting pretty annoying!!

rollwitstyle, I dunno...I have time so I'll see when it comes out! Only problem will be shipping that to europe, it will probably be a bit expensive....if they sell it outside the US...
Old 12-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

im just razzing you about the dryer intake, stop being a pussy lol.

theres no point in waiting for the flyryde ones because the time it will take to actually have them come out, and then the HUGE risk you take when sending your money to them. you may never get the money or the parts..

rollwithstyle, do some research, stop putting your hopes in things that will probably never happen, not worth it.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

like socks, i annoy people too when i don't understand how they could settle for anything less than the best. if you're going to spend money on something, save it up and do it right. if you dig through his 4,131 posts you'll see that he makes sense, and that he likes carebears nana.gif .

if i were you i'd take the regular equal length headers from SFR. i have the GT but the only reason i got them was because they come up right to the vent in my hood. there's really no difference in performance though. they're clearly made for appearance.

manual - 4-1
auto - 4-2-1

i had the gt's on my auto and 5-speed. can't say there's any difference but then again my sensors were not working. any other headers you hear about that are "being made" is a bunch of bologni. get the regular headers, get them ceramic coated. done.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:37 PM

LOOL SOCKS, whatever dude, if it makes you happy, don't care anymore nana.gif Maybe one day I'll buy the AEM just to see if it is THAT good LOOL would be easier to buy the Injen cause SFR sells it and I don't have to pay shipping costs lmao.gif

Hmmm...I've heard of that... 4-1 for manual and 4-2-1 for auto...does it really make a difference? I have a manual but I think SFR only sells 4-2-1...
Thermal isolating tape for the headers...is that any good to lower the engine bay temp?