Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Legal Procedings

Old 06-23-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

WOW!!!!!!!!
and to think I almost went into business with him. I actually helped him start this up, meaning I gave him a bunch of contact numbers for potential vendors to source from. I have been out of rdtiburon for a while, and don't make many post, but he is/was a friend of mine, and I live in Lubbock. If there is anything I can do to help with the situation here please don't hesitate to ask. Hell if you want me to I can try and find him and see what is going on. Guys (and gals) even though I am not involved, I am very sorry for all that has happened. Like I said I can try and find him and help out in any way.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:20 PM

Well I finally went through 5 billion pages of paypal transactions and found where I forked over the $850 to them. Not really sure what to do next. I'm thinking about emailing a local Orlando news station, since they reported a few things similar to this on their already.

@Useless: What would you be willing to do? I'd love all the help I can get.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

ya they owe me 550 so wherever i need to send the transaction detials to would be nice
Old 06-23-2008, 09:20 PM

Hopefully everyone who was ripped off will post here and have the info available.

Would it be enough to have a copy of the log downloaded from paypal, and a screenshot of the transaction from paypal?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Se7en (mb499)- I will help out any way I can. Just let me know.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 PM

Thats good, but I'm not entirely sure what to do lol.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:32 PM

Greetings Tiburon people:

My name is David Robinson, I was ripped off by PhantomHP as part of a group purchase for coilovers on Neons.org and 2gn.org forums. I followed up however and theft charges have been filed against Michael C Holton and Michelle R Elliott.

Part of a huge post on Neons.org concerning this issue: http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=36...645757#p2645757

Things are being done legally as we speak.

Anyone that was involved in this please contact the lubbock police deptartment

1-806-775-2865

Xavier Vela is the detective looking after the case.

If i hear anything else i will post it here, but it looks like something will be done about this.

Below is my last update on this issue.

Been a while on this. Haven't heard anything recently from the DA, but it doesn't matter whether Detective Vela is still there or not, his investigation on my original complaint was already completed and charges already filed by the DA.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=7862892
(look for Michelle R Elliott and Michael C Holton)

Now I don't know if any other parties complaints were added to the charges against them, but if not I would contact the Lubbock PD and see if you can add to the list.

EDIT: Just contacted the DA's office and my original charges Theft (500-1000$) are still open against the 2, current status is pending mediation set for sometime this month.

Not sure what that means as I haven't been contacted but perhaps it's just negotiation between the state and the individuals.

Just heard back from victims assistance, they wouldn't up the existing charges if you all file complaints, they would just file multiple counts of the same theft charges.

I would HIGHLY recommend contacting the Lubbock Police Department to file charges.

Non Emergency Number: 1-806-775-2865
Police Desk: 1-806-775-2816

http://police.ci.lubbock.tx.us/

GOOD LUCK, , and follow up!

ALSO: if there are any other automotive groups that you know of that were ripped off by this company, feel free to forward this information to them. Whether or not anybody ever sees any money back from this mess I'd at least like to see these 2 pay for their crimes, and they can't be prosecuted if the crimes aren't reported.