Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Gauging Interest: Alpine Extreme Kit

Old 11-27-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Got ya.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Banned

i want to clear a couple things up.. you really would want to upgrade your motor mounts FIRST if you were using a AIR RAM and fuel spacer.. with my stock mounts, i cracked my radiator, from the wastegate hitting it, and i have almost put a hole through my firewall with the long shaft on the TB.

and second fuel rail is the most effective, inexpensive way to set it up when boosting.

our MAF is teh ghey, and we saw how the korean MAP ECU thing turned out.. not good, and you couldnt tune the korean MAP ECU even if it woulda turned out good..

stock motor without a decomp. plate you wouldnt wanna push upwards of 15psi, even if it is PERFECTLY tuned. even without detonation, and rich enough conditions, doubt it would be safe..

with a decomp. plate, it could work. pistons would be a better idea though.

how thick are those damn outlaw spacers?

standalone isnt a good option, IMO because some people are concerned about emissions, and have inspections. and all of alpines kits are supposed to be able to pass emissions right?

i think an extreme kit that would push roughly 300-350whp at 20psi would be an AWESOME idea. especially since you guys have the only mass produced turbo kits that seem to actually fit right on, lol..

zoned, itll be a complete kit.. itll be 1300$ more than the stage 1 kit, which can be upgraded to this kit...
Old 11-30-2006, 08:02 PM

Wow gotta say I am interested in this being I already have the stage 1 kit installed. Wouldn't the Alpine intercooler need to be upgraded as well to handle the extra boost?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The outlaw spacer is 1/4 inch thick, then you have 2 gaskets.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

hmm, with dual fuel rail, air ram, and outlaw spacers it wouldnt be a good idea, for sure. you WOULD NOT be physically able to use the stock TB with cruise cuz the longer shaft.

and unless you had upgraded mounts;

dual fuel rail+spacer+ air ram= bad idea.. just FYI for anyone who would have this combo..