Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Gauging Interest: Alpine Extreme Kit

Old 11-27-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Everyone,

I'm putting a feeler out right now for an Alpine Extreme Turbo kit. This kit would include a higher capacity turbocharger flowing upwards of 17-20 psi. For fuel duties it would include a pre-tuned Unichip but instead of utilizing one supplementary injector it would use 4 additional injectors. I'm looking at using Denis' aux injector adapter. So you would use your OEM injectors with 4 290cc additional injectors. This would provide more than enough fuel for upwards of 20psi. Cost would be about 1300 USD above the Stage 1 intercooled kit. Also people who already have a Stage 1 kit could upgrade to the extreme kit. What do you all think?

Dave
Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 AM

I am ABSOLUTLY interested in this!!! I am looking at the turbos available right now and would go for an extreme kit for sure... BIGGER is always better....well thats what SHE said anyway...LOL... Let me know if this goes into production.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Is this a complete kit? Comes with ic, piping, manifold, etc..?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:20 AM

Sounds nice, however...

Why are you using 4 additional injectors instead of changing out for upgraded injectors?

Doesn't seem cost effective and K.I.S.S. to add additional injectors.

Thank you Alpine for your continued support of our vehicles! smile.gif
Old 11-27-2006, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Because changing out for bigger injectors can only go so far with a stock ECU being piggybacked. Because when you use bigger injectors with a stock ecu you have to tune down the injectors for off boost driving, you do this by reducing the MAF sensor reading to the point where your bigger injectors are spraying as much fuel as your stock injectors would, since you can only detune the MAF reading so much, there is a point where your injectors will be too big to be detuned, wheras your maf reading will equate to a negative airflow; which the ECU will not like.

When dealing with the stock ECU, Additional injectors a far superior setup compared to replacing the primary injectors. There is no off-boost tuning, and there is no limit to the size injector you can use since the only time those injectors are being utilized is when boosting.

This is the way to "Keep It Simple Stupid", you install the dual rail and spacer with the additional 4 injectors, wire in the piggyback. And all you have to tune for is when your under boost, other than that, your car will run like stock, because its still fuelled like stock, your just giving it a little extra fuel when the car needs it.

And OnTopic, i think its a great idea Dmdicks.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm always interested in any new products, but the dual fuel rail system, along with a airram and phenolic spacers, just hits your firewall too much.

How bout bigger injectors/SMT 6?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:02 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I didnt know you installed a dual rail with an airram before redz? wink1.gif

i have, it doesnt hit the firewall cool.gif

And the point of the extreme kit was to get upwards of 20 psi, and if you want to do that, you need to either get a standalone or dual rail.

Check this thread if you dont agree...

20+ psi with single rail
Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I haven't, Socks has. His hits the firewall under acceleration, hence why he had those custom engine mounts made. He's talked about it quite a bit.

My Airram/Outlaw Engineering spacer combo almost hits the firewall, so I don't see how an extra inch or so of secondary fuel injector mounting wouldn't make it come even closer.

I understand the point of the kit. Are you saying that bigger injectors and a SMT6 wouldn't support 20 PSI?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:35 PM

Cool Cool Alex. Thanks for the information!

I guess another question would be, can you safely boost a stock internals motor to 20psi?

Anyways, I'm going to back out of this discussion now, since I don't have a turbo and don't seem to know what I'm asking/talking about here.

Once again, thanks for your support Alpine!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Nov 27 2006, 07:31 PM)
I understand the point of the kit. Are you saying that bigger injectors and a SMT6 wouldn't support 20 PSI?

Red z, he is stating that it is MUCH easier to tune with an smt6 using a dual fuel rail than it is with a single rail using something like 800cc injectors. The MAF will limit you.