Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Dyno testing on new Cams?

Old 02-10-2003, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno testing on new Cams?

I have been debating the $730.00 cams for a few reasons. The emission concerns don't worry me much, but two other things do. First, some peeps have said I may have driveability issues...rough idle etc. I like to know what "inquiring minds" are thinking about that. Second, can the promised gains be relied on....10-20 hp? Is SR willing to let me do a before/after dyno test? I would like to make sure that I didnt spend $730 for a 5 hp gain. The driveability thing may be hard to quantify, but a dyno should give a pretty clear answer to the hp gain question. I have a CAI and cat-back, but no bbtb or headers, so thats why I'm wondering about the gains. If I can get a before/after dyno showing at least 10 whp gain I would be satisfied. I'm still hoping for more feed-back on the rough idle thing, but any feed-back on these subjects would be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:51 PM

There is a tsr member in MN who will be dynoing the set in the next 2-3 weeks on an 02 Elantra.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:17 AM

Thanks Bradley. Where will the results be posted? Also, do you know if he has the bbtb and headers and the whole nine yards? Thats whats got me concerned about gains...I only have a CAI and the 2.5" catback. Can I get decent gains without the headers or bbtb? I would love to get headers, as I've told everyone, but it is such a hassle in CA, and I don't know how to get around it. I can't see getting the bbtb without the headers so.... Also, what do you guys think of the driveability issue? Maybe know one really knows yet. Hopefully more info will flow soon. smile.gif
Old 02-20-2003, 11:45 AM

I know how you feel. It's hard to convince yourself to buy something that claims this much HP gain and no one to date can vouch for that. I'm also interested in purchasing the cams, also the BBTB and at the same time get some head work done. Soon. Waiting on dyno results.