Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

CNK ECU Specs?

Old 03-31-2003, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CNK ECU Specs?

Well I had heard from Chris that he was developing this ECU and I see it listed in your prices but know no details on it. I know that it obviously controls fuel but A. Is it a boost dependent controller B. Does it control ignition? Does it have a display and such? I'd just like the run down on it's details. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:06 AM

Russ,

The ECU is not boost dependant, it has Engine Temp, Intake Air Temp, TPS, MAP and Lambda sensoring allowing FULL control of fueling AND ignition --- IN PIGGY BACK MODE (remember this iw NOT a standa alone system right now...)

It has not display (my other stand alone system solely designed and build by CNK does) --- will enter testing soon enough.

This piggy back unit uses a laptop with S/ware to display all the necessary information to you
Old 04-01-2003, 05:33 AM

Russ most importantly it also has a cold prevention feature which is really needed when installing LARGER INJECTORS and on cold days

[ April 01, 2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: 2 UNIQ ]
Old 04-01-2003, 07:19 PM

I got one....its cool..does lots.. as chris said.. tongue.gif
Old 04-03-2003, 03:27 AM

I just don't want to have to run 8:1 fuel just to get 14-15psi out of my motor and keep it from leaning out. I've seen some of the problems that Batlord's been having just to get that much boost into his engine and as far as anyone can tell, it's all because he doesn't have a boost dependent fuel controller. Not too many of us can afford a Haltech eek!
Old 04-03-2003, 05:02 AM

Russ:
Not too many of us can afford a Haltech eek!
If you install it yourself, and get a good deal on tuning,
it will cost you around $1200-1400US total,
before you can drive it again.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:50 AM

So yeah...like I said, not too many of us can afford a Haltech rolleyes.gif
Old 04-04-2003, 04:38 AM

hey chris, just wondering about how grant said when he went to the track, his times were slow cuz "he needed tuning badly" and he wasnt' getting enough fuel. did you guys do something different than how your ecu's are going out pre-tuned? just wondering cuz on the website it says preset at 8psi, which i assume is with the proper fuel maps in place. i was just wondering if there's anything i need to do to the ecu, since the way you made it sound was that you were happy with lostbouy's tuning, and spec'd the other's according to it.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:00 AM

sharkey9883!!
Chris tunned it at 8psi of boost and was happy with the numbers and results he got.He will apply that same AMpped ECU from Lostbobys car and use it to program that in the other ECU,s he sells with the Turbo kit.If you want to change the Map settings you can do this BUT by a TUNNER ONLY!!
This would be needed if you increase the boost passed 8psi!
Hope this helps! smile.gif
Old 04-05-2003, 01:10 AM

The problem Bat is having is that his MAF is maxing out and this is the ONLY sensor sending information to the stock ECU and Safc --- this is the signal used to fuel the engine by both the ECU's.

NOW -- with the CNK setup it has a MAP sensor (2.5bar) which operates INDEPENDANTLY to the MAF ALTHOUGH WITH the MAF aswell.

This sensor doesn't care about the MAF or any other components in the engine bay --- as long as it is sensing boost or vacuum, it is able to supply fuel to the engine --

So theoretically EVEN IF the MAF maxes out on Bat's car for example - the MAP sensor connected to the CNK ECU will still read the boost and be able to send fueling tables and parameters to the engine - RESULT:- No fueling problems limited by MAF limitations.

Sharkey - Grant has no clue about tuning an engine(Grant comment if you wish) and all he wants is more and more boost and more and more power ---- To which I reply to him EVERY TIME saying" BE PATIENT it will come ONLY once more mileage is on the engine"

Grant assumes that his engine needs tuning, I knowfor a FACT that the state of tune for THE BOOST HE CURRENTLY HAS IS 100% PERFECT, RELIABLE and SAFE.

I type in capitals to EMPHASISE what the settings are currently. Grants car did very well for the low boost he was running, and got into the semi finals before elliminating himself in a time chase.

His best time was 14.6 with a poor pull off as far as I know, and this is basically running with most of the other turbocharged cars with higher boost than him aswell.

Grants boost will be turned up and I will put her back onto the dyno once the engine has more mileage on - THEN AND ONLY THEN will he see more boost and power.

The kits will be supplied with the same boost and power Grants car makes according to the dyno graph ( + - 220WHP) BUT if you want more power - simply turn up the boost and TUNE the ecu --- NOTHING else is needed or has to be added.